MORAL, US politics this week

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: MORAL, US politics this week

Post by r.m.anderson »

For those eligible to vote in this USA election - I hope that you considered with all the wisdom you could muster - - -
Voting for "Soul of the Nation" rather than the soul of an individual and I will leave it at that !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Just got back from the polling place and voted from my car, instead of going inside as there was a line about 500 ft long waiting to get in.. I only had to wait about 5 min until I was given the OK to vote and then about another 5 min waiting on the other guy to finish and have the machine brought over to my car. I opened the door and they slid the machine right up so that my vote was still secrete.

I was wearing of course my grey mid calf skirt and a blue top.

So since I have now voted and if the country does not get right it is not my fault and I can gripe about it... :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I put my ballot in the post box about 3 weeks ago, and within a week noted that the website designed to track the delivery efficacy stated that mine had been "accepted for counting". It'll likely get loaded into the counting machine either later this evening or was first thing this morning. I know several of the folks involved and they are decent honest folks, so I have no doubt that they will discharge their jobs in an accurate and professional manner.

That said, I'll be going to bed this evening in a bad mood, and see no reason for that to change tomorrow morning. It's Groundhog Day again; I felt the same way in 2016, 2012, 2004, and 2000. Yet another case of "Hold your nose and vote for the lesser of the two evils." Blah.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, it's 10PM, I'm calling it. Trump is the winner.

I've added up the remaining electrical states, and how they're leaning/historically lean, I hit 281 votes and I still had quite a few dependable reds I didn't add.

Oh well... probably for the better. Maybe next time the democrats will learn. Stop nominating establishment politicians!

As for those mail in ballots.... they're sitting in the trash heap. They won't get counted.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

Watching from Canada, its tight race, I'm thinking Trump will get it,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Just watching from far, far away I can say, may the best candidate win.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I gotta admit, Georgia is tighter than I would have expected.

Dad probably hasn't slept all night. I've already screened his call once... I don't plan to talk to him this week. Four years ago on election night we got into a fight and didn't speak to each other until January 2017.

I don't feel like listening to him rant or gloat....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Whatever happens, by whatever means, the US will get the "leadership" it deserves.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

crfriend wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:00 pm Whatever happens, by whatever means, the US will get the "leadership" it deserves.
But the world environment does not deserve further destruction.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Jim wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:15 pm
crfriend wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:00 pmWhatever happens, by whatever means, the US will get the "leadership" it deserves.
But the world environment does not deserve further destruction.
Broadly, I concur, but since the US electorate cannot choose a reasonable candidate for office, and since there is no option for "None Of The Above", the general electorate is powerless to make a meaningful choice.

Change now must come from without because it cannot come from within.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:29 pm Change now must come from without because it cannot come from within.
Indeed. The U.S. has circled the drain long enough, now, we go down it.
-Andrea
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:41 am I gotta admit, Georgia is tighter than I would have expected.

Dad probably hasn't slept all night. I've already screened his call once... I don't plan to talk to him this week. Four years ago on election night we got into a fight and didn't speak to each other until January 2017.

I don't feel like listening to him rant or gloat....

I'm calling Biden as our next President
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JennC03 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:05 pmI'm calling Biden as our next President
As of 11:15 EST it's still too close to call, especially given the contaminating effect of the Electoral College. The only thing certain is that the people of the United States have lost, but that was axiomatic given the field of candidates.

Even if Biden "wins", will Trump cede power willingly?

I was hoping for a landslide -- one way or the other -- but what we've got is another of these razor-thin fits of idiocy that are destroying the fabric of the nation (and it was in a pretty bad state of tatters beforehand). No matter who "wins" this one, my wager is that it'll be the last "election" we have (the last several having been "elections" in name only).

To the citizens and governments of the civilised world: It's time to stand up and take the weapons of mass destruction that the United States possesses away. Let us have our small arms and assault rifles because all we'll cause trouble for is ourselves. Please see to it that a rogue in a position of power cannot pitch a tantrum and blow the whole planet away. Please.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:24 pm To the citizens and governments of the civilised world: It's time to stand up and take the weapons of mass destruction that the United States possesses away. Let us have our small arms and assault rifles because all we'll cause trouble for is ourselves. Please see to it that a rogue in a position of power cannot pitch a tantrum and blow the whole planet away. Please.
I'm glad you said it. I said something similar on my last post but edited it out as I got nervous posting something like that in what is about to become a national situation rivaling 1930s Germany.
crfriend wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:24 pm Even if Biden "wins", will Trump cede power willingly?

I was hoping for a landslide -- one way or the other -- but what we've got is another of these razor-thin fits of idiocy that are destroying the fabric of the nation (and it was in a pretty bad state of tatters beforehand). No matter who "wins" this one, my wager is that it'll be the last "election" we have (the last several having been "elections" in name only).
Funny you mention that, I'm hearing word that Trump may try to get Pennsylvania's [Republican] legislature to hand their electoral votes to Trump regardless of how PA's voters decided.

It's all perfectly constitutional, and if that happens, I'd like to hear what the Trumper-forever crowd have to say...

Sadly it will probably be "good, praise Jesus!" Maybe followed by "HEIL TRUMP!"

If... and that's a big IF that happens, let it erupt. I have stood for my last National Anthem, saluted my last flag. I will NOT SHOW ANY RESPECT to a nation so blatantly authoritarian, or it's ruling dictator. I will join the resistance. I've picked my side, f-ck them damned fascist!

Edited last line out so as to not put skirtcafe on a FBI watch list.
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Let me just say... if Trump wins LEGITIMATELY, then I WILL ACCEPT AND RESPECT IT...

If he steals it... all bets are off!
-Andrea