Irish address formatting

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Irish address formatting

Post by rode_kater »

pleated wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:24 pm With one of them instead of giving my full address all I had to do was enter my Eircode and instantly my address popped up. Big brother is watching!
Here in NL the postcode+house number is a unique combo, so it's very common on sites that you fill in the postcode+house number and it will fill in the rest. It also provides a helpful cross-check when someone give you an address, since you can confirm the postcode and street name go together. Since single streets have multiple postcodes you can even catch mistyped house numbers. No more misaddressed mail!

I know Oz has a Delivery Point ID, but it's only used by businesses AFAIK. And it's random so you don't usually know it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well... I'll drop it off at the post office tomorrow...
20201025_173207_resize_92_compress70.jpg
Thanks for your help Kirbstone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I see Weymouth's "Danny the dolphin" was struck by a ship and suffered injuries that claimed his life as a result.

Damn what a dark year this has turned out to be. :blue:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Moon,

I agree, it's been a very dark year for almost everything. Weymouth is a busy cross-channel port with a lot of big ship movements daily. Bad luck on 'Danny' and his fans.

Dingle in contrast is home to some small fishing boats and yachts only, so Fungie's long-term survival had a better chance.

A few pics. to gladden the heart....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Fungie's last hurrah !
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !