What is your favourite skirt length to wear?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What is your favourite skirt length to wear?

Post by nzfreestyler »

I prefer a mid thigh to mini hemline. Mid thigh is very practical but I also like to go shorter/higher a lot in summer. For me my shortest is about 11 inches - perhaps 16 inches would be my longest - although I do wear some on my knee pencil skirts and straight skirts now and again.

I prefer a tailored shape that is fitted on my shorter skirts - its much safer to wear - sometimes a little nuisance when sitting, but more practical when moving around.

cheers

NZF
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

My favorite is the Hi-Lo style of skirt/dress. This is due to the mechanics
of bending. I can't bend at the knees, therefore my behind is covered
when I bend over. I prefer the front to be knee length and the back to
be mid-calf. This way, I have the least possibility of 'flashing' anyone. :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:25 pm My favorite is the Hi-Lo style of skirt/dress. This is due to the mechanics
of bending.
true - the only downside of the short hemlines is bending - my only dislike of mini skirts is having next to no coverage on seats... so its literally just my skin on public seats - I still prefer a shorter hemline despite this downfall. And in summer seats can be burning hot to sit on... ouch.

NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

To be honest, I try not to have just one preference as I like just about ALL skirt lengths. More often than not, length depends on my mood and what I want to wear from outing to outing.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:59 pm - my only dislike of mini skirts is having next to no coverage on seats... so its literally just my skin on public seats - I still prefer a shorter hemline despite this downfall. And in summer seats can be burning hot to sit on... ouch.
NZF
Yes, not long ago I was having lunch in a cafe and could feel my bare skin against the bench I was sitting on so I was perched right on the edge - perhaps a better use for the serviette that they give you would be to put it on the seat. At least these days we are used to carrying sanitiser and could give the seat a wipe with a tissue - except that we would have to bend over to do it.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

ah the perils of a mini...
I do find it ok to squat and pick stuff up - I just keep my torso upright and squat to pick stuff up - the only nuisance is loading stuff in a normal car boot etc - there is no way to do this safely - but then I am sure I have mishaps other times - and I have a higher truck so I don't have to bend much at all (benefits of being a short-ass ! )

but they are damn good to wear !

cheers
NZF
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Anywhere from micro ( around the house only, I'm not a SD ) to maxi although there is a length that's about mid calf that I find difficult to accept on me. I just probably haven't found the right material or style yet. I can accept the length on others - it's just me. I have lots of skirts knee length and shorter.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:10 pm ah the perils of a mini...
I do find it ok to squat and pick stuff up - I just keep my torso upright and squat to pick stuff up - the only nuisance is loading stuff in a normal car boot etc - there is no way to do this safely - but then I am sure I have mishaps other times - and I have a higher truck so I don't have to bend much at all (benefits of being a short-ass ! )

but they are damn good to wear !

cheers
NZF
Imagine being six foot two with long legs like me and wearing a miniskirt! HA! I always have to be very careful when I bend over so I don’t give people an inadvertent cheap thrill. :lol:
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Between mini and just above knee. The fuller the better.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:34 am
Imagine being six foot two with long legs like me and wearing a miniskirt! HA! I always have to be very careful when I bend over so I don’t give people an inadvertent cheap thrill. :lol:
I am not even 6ft in my highest heels and my feet are like vertical... ha ha ha... I need heels damn it
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:01 am
JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:34 am
I am not even 6ft in my highest heels and my feet are like vertical... ha ha ha... I need heels damn it
I quite understand. Heh! And when I wear heels, I have to be careful to avoid banging my noggin in a doorway!
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Knee length pencil, or just above the knee for me. Just my preferred style as I like a snug fit. A generous vent at the rear helps for walking :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

My favourite length is midi in all weather types as it is a very practical length. In warm or hot weather I wear short socks but in colder weather I wear above the knee socks and a fluffy multi layer petticoat for warmth. Something like this:
Denim jacket and skirt 1.jpg
I do also like ankle length skirts but they're not so practical as the hem can drag on stairs and also drag on the floor if bending down to a fridge or kitchen cupboard. Ankle length denim skirt here:
denim 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

For me, that's not a favorite length but a favorite range of length, which covers I'll say "near from knee-length". Between a bit above and a bit below the knees are good lengths for me, and the exact length depends on the situation (I won't wear a below knees skirt when I do some physical activities, and I won't wear an above knees if I plan more relax activities)
Kieran

Post by Kieran »

I quite enjoy wearing mini skirts but open to trying longer skirts at some point.