POSTED

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

POSTED

Post by Fred in Skirts »

posted.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: POSTED

Post by Kirbstone »

It's got to be American. A poster like that would go down like a lead baloon over here.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:39 pmIt's got to be American. A poster like that would go down like a lead baloon over here.
It goes over the same way in many parts of the USA as well -- including in areas where private firearms ownership is more widespread than one might suspect. There's a reason why the rest of the planet considers the USA completely gun-mad.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Try that stunt in the U.K. and you would probably be arrested and jailed. Quite right too.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Problem Solving 101 in the US of A -- bash 'em, physically, economically, psychologically, and never consider diplomacy. You just passed with an A+.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Interesting video explanation of U.S. gun culture...

Give it a listen... it has a little plot twist at the end...

https://youtu.be/L1iQUF1gQmI

Spoiler question: if guns are for property protection, what are they for when a populous owns no property?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by moonshadow » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Interesting video explanation of U.S. gun culture...

Give it a listen... it has a little plot twist at the end...

https://youtu.be/L1iQUF1gQmI

Spoiler question: if guns are for property protection, what are they for when a populous owns no property?
Moon, gun-ownership has continued to rise despite the decline in home/land ownership; so I think the "twist" at the end does not foretell of a USA giving up its guns. Nor, is there any data to support the idea that the guns have been brought to protect homes (that is mostly a cover excuse); however buying them to protect personal property is likely in the minds of some buyers, merely being able to protect ones personhood and be a bully are no doubt right up there as a part of "protecting anything that is perceived to be one's own or "right"-- or even to do Law Enforcement's job for them. (See clips of interviews with Proud Boys saying 'the people need the streets back' & if it takes 'violence' to do so -- we [Proud Boys] claim the right to do so -- courts and laws be damned.

However, it seems most of the problems do not lie in "why" they are bought, but how they are ultimately used -- and that is often lashing out in anger or to get what "is not yours".
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Not to change the subject...

But just for the heck of it I Google "proud boys" and clicked images....

Is this guy wearing a skirt??

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/1 ... e-violence

(Look to the right, top image)

His legs are spread pretty far and there doesn't seem to be an inseam....

Looks like skirts are indeed for everyone! Even neo-facist... :lol: :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

It sure looks like it.
The front is definitely a single solid piece of fabric. At his right side, by his hand, it looks like a rough edge like kilt fringe.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:31 pm posted.jpg
I do sympathise. Things are too far the other way in UK where if you put a sign up saying beware of dog then your pet bites the burglar you are held liable.
Despite running the risk of being called a rabid vigilante I do support the right to defend your property with deadly force. I think most Brits would agree with me. There is some historical evidence for this assertion
:roll:
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Wow! looks like there has been a widespread sense of humour lack today, or has political correctness reached epidemic proportions?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Big and Bashful wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:24 pm Wow! looks like there has been a widespread sense of humour lack today, or has political correctness reached epidemic proportions?
I think it may be more psychological. People see something they view as offensive, they have forgotten how to simply walk on by, they feel they must call out the offender.

I am not pointing the finger at anyone, for I too am guilty of this, on this site and elsewhere, I have been trying to train myself to ignore matters of opinions that I find disagreeable, especially if those opinions meet either of, or both of these characteristics:

1) The opinion causes no actual harm.

2) The opinion was meant in good humor.

Hence my lack of comment in a few recent threads... (I'm trying)

Often times I find if one ignores the offending post or comment, the offender goes away and it just fizzles out like trying to start a camp fire with wet wood.

Ultimately I attempt to apply the logic, that to share my own opinion just results in two opposing opinions clashing, if either can't be based in fact, then what was the point of wasting my time.?

I will make one attempt to correct an incorrect assumption with a known fact, but if that fails, I don't worry about it, because I get the feeling it really doesn't matter what anyone here, or elsewhere in my world thinks anyway, simply stated, "we don't matter".

While we sit here and bicker and fight, with our piss ass little weapons, those who rule over us have enough firepower to blast a good size hole in the earth and destroy all life therein... so what's the point of arguing over petty matters? We the people haven't lost control, we never had it to begin with.

My conclusion and "opinion", if you're reasonably unharrassed in your life, basically "free", then enjoy it, for those liberties are NOT guaranteed to last any given time. Vote if you want to, or not... it probably doesn't matter anyway at this point. If someone trespasses on your property and you feel compelled to blow their brains out.... by all means, but be prepared to face the legal ramifications, yes you might get off on self defense, or you might get life in prison.... go on and roll the dice if you feel lucky...

Know the laws of your state well, and you may wish to consult with legal counsel prior to ending someone else's life. I don't think I'd want to hang my freedom on an interpretation of something I read on a blog or watched on YouTube....
-Andrea
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by moonshadow » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:24 pm
If someone trespasses on your property and you feel compelled to blow their brains out.... by all means, but be prepared to face the legal ramifications, yes you might get off on self defense, or you might get life in prison.... go on and roll the dice if you feel lucky...
Truly Moon...is this meant in jest? I cannot fathom you, or any moderately sane person feeling trespass rises to a level that calls for a lethal response. There have in fact been a couple of cases of kids losing their life over such an infraction -- cutting across a yard. Owner frustrated, angry -- yes; but....
It seems we have taken to considering ourselves independent of any social structure. Rather than turning to either confronting the party, peacefully; or turning to the legal structure to resolve disputes, we seem to think we are above all of that. Where is our acknowledgement that we are in fact part of a society with considerable inter-dependence to keep things flowing relatively smoothly?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:27 pm Truly Moon...is this meant in jest? I cannot fathom you, or any moderately sane person feeling trespass rises to a level that calls for a lethal response.
Your fathomimg is correct. I wouldn't harm a fly. I inherited one firearm that I keep locked away and hidden, and I don't even have any ammunition for it.

Shoot... I don't even have "no trespassing" signs posted... I don't believe in them. Everyone is welcome at our table. We've been known to take people in, feed them, clothe them, and render any assistance we can.

It's unlikely we'd get looted or robbed, but if we did, we'd rebuild.

In other matters, kids play in our yard all of the time. It doesn't bother us.

My advice was for others who feel the need to take a life over trespass.

Though I will follow up that in such case, it would seem to be proper to scrape that "pro life" sticker off their car... 'cause... you know.... :wink:
-Andrea
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Moon, it is a revelation to hear such a sane attitude.

I have firearms from when I used to get "wild meat". I might need them again if things got tough. They are locked away with the ammo locked separately and would never be used for personal protection.
In the 36 years I have lived in this house I have never locked the doors at night when at home. I used to leave them wide open on summer nights to cool the house but snakes used to came in too often, then I put self-closers on them so my dog could come and go (I could never teach her to close doors). I still don't lock them because the toilet and bath room are outside and I don't want to lock myself out on a cold winter's night.

A mad person travelling through could come in and harm me but I am not going to live my life prepared for such an unlikely event.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia