Inspiration for Skirt Outfits from Women

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Inspiration for Skirt Outfits from Women

Post by nzfreestyler »

I think women wear casual skirt styles well and there are many styles that just look good. I reckon guys can wear these looks too. As examples women have a lot more experience with wearing colour and coordinating colours too - and that is part of the trick I think. That and knowing how to pair up a larger volume/longer skirt/top and also miniskirt/top shapes/styles.

JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Inspiration for Skirt Outfits from Women

Post by JeffB1959 »

Those pictures were attention grabbing. I always pay attention to what women wear while out and about, make mental notes of outfits I like then try to replicate them as best I can. A summer staple for me has been tank tops/camisoles paired with floaty, patterned midskirts, breezy, comfortable and easy to wear, be it with flat sandals (my personal preference) or heels. I'm sure I could make most of those styles in those pictures work.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hmmmmm, if anyone was looking for skirt inspiration from men, they'd soon get damned bored.
Pinterest is always worth a browse but people watching is useful too.
Steve
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'd like to see skirt inspirations for people (men or women) with less than perfect bodies.

Most of the skirts photographed look nice enough (though I'm not crazy about number two), but none of these will fit 80% of men or women, especially those in mid-age or older.

One thing wearing a skirt has demonstrated to me personally, is the "pain" of seeing all types of clothing donned by perfectly proportioned models, knowing you'll never pull it off... oh how many women complain of this very thing...

Nevertheless, for those of us with an imperfect shape, elastic waistbands are your friend! :wink:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

The last one reminded me of this great image / outfit

Here