Coffee Drinker?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Coffee Drinker?

Post by Uncle Al »

Don't be drinking anything while reading this :D

Grinch-Touch My Coffee 2020-10-20.jpg
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Coffee Drinker?

Post by Shilo »

I can’t function in the morning until I’ve had my coffee.
If you’re ever in UK though don’t touch the instant variety it’s awful. As is that stuff left over from WW11 made up mostly of chicory.
:roll:
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

mmmmm...coffee...

The energy drink of the grownup generation.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Shilo wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:53 am I can’t function in the morning until I’ve had my coffee.
If you’re ever in UK though don’t touch the instant variety it’s awful. As is that stuff left over from WW11 made up mostly of chicory.
There is good instant coffee in the UK, you just have to buy the right one and make it properly. I use L'Or intense, do not use boiling water and keep it nice and strong. Of course I also like good filtered coffee, with my favourite being Hot Lava Java from Taylors, I buy it as beans and my dalek grinds it on demand, which is nice!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

You’re right there are always exceptions which prove the rule. If I’m desperate my go to is Douwe Egbert. But for the tourists I still say avoid It
:roll:
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Big and Bashful wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:45 pm
Shilo wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:53 am I can’t function in the morning until I’ve had my coffee.
There is good instant coffee in the UK, you just have to buy the right one and make it properly. I use L'Or intense, do not use boiling water and keep it nice and strong. Of course I also like good filtered coffee, with my favourite being Hot Lava Java from Taylors, I buy it as beans and my dalek grinds it on demand, which is nice!

We have one too, we can set it on a timer if we both have to get up on the alarm (doesn’t happen often though) but I can fill my 2 litre flask with it and still have enough for 2 mugs after I’ve filled it up - handy when you work permanent nights 8)
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Tackleberry wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Big and Bashful wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:45 pm

We have one too, we can set it on a timer if we both have to get up on the alarm (doesn’t happen often though) but I can fill my 2 litre flask with it and still have enough for 2 mugs after I’ve filled it up - handy when you work permanent nights 8)
You can't beat an obedient dalek!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Uncle Al,

My coffee cup at home would hold about 3 of those, and takes a few cycles of the machine to fill!....

I've got a 1L flask that gets filled before I head out the door on those days when I'm working out and about.
Until we get the office coffee machine serviced, I have to use my good old plunger, which usually has 2 or 3 brews over the course of a day.

Someone I know suggested that high coffee consumption has been linked to some cancers and possibly death, to which my reply was that we're all going to die at some point, and oh well, I may as well go doing something I enjoy. He had no comeback there.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I don't remember the source but according to some health
experts, drinking 2-3 cups of coffee a day will help you live
a longer life. With what I've been drinking over these years,
I should live to be 100 :D

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Cat on Coffee 2015-11-04.jpg
I think I need more :!: ;)
:rofl:

Uncle Al
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Uncle Al wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:46 am I don't remember the source but according to some health
experts, drinking 2-3 cups of coffee a day will help you live
a longer life. With what I've been drinking over these years,
I should live to be 100 :D

Uncle Al
It is great to find experts who confirm things we like to do, even if they are eminently forgettable.
I have heard similar about a glass of red wine a day.
I like good coffee in the morning and reasonable wine in the evening .............. so I should be able to toast your centenary.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

denimini wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:59 am I have heard similar about a glass of red wine a day.
I like good coffee in the morning and reasonable wine in the evening .......
....... so I should be able to toast your centenary.
When I was 1st diagnosed with DVT(1991), My vascular surgeon told me to drink
4 oz of red wine a day. He said red wine is a natural blood thinner. Now that I'm
on Warfirin(blood thinner meds) I've been told to stay away from green vegetables.
Green Vegetables are also known blood thinners. Didn't do the red wine and now
love vegetables and salads. By my own mistakes, I should learn how to take care
of myself.
Now, it's a balancing act. Small amounts of Veggies so my INR count
stays in the therapeutic range. I've been hovering around 1.8-2.2, which is good.
The 'range' is 2.0-3.0 for the INR. If I cut-back more of the veggies, my INR goes
to 2.2-2.4. Still - - a good salad sure helps the diet now and then ;)

Blood monitoring has gone from every week to every 3 weeks-things are looking better :D

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I prefer tea to coffee myself. Meanwhile, I never developed a taste for any sort of alcohol, whether it’s beer, wine or spirits and find it all wholly unpalatable.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

JeffB1959 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:01 pm I prefer tea to coffee myself. Meanwhile, I never developed a taste for any sort of alcohol, whether it’s beer, wine or spirits and find it all wholly unpalatable.
I am a tea drinker myself. In winter I drink a lot of hot tea and some iced tea. In summer It is almost exclusively iced tea. I do on occasion [1] drink coffee but with a lot of milk and sugar in it, other wise it is completely undrinkable as far as I am concerned.

As far as the beer and wine and other spirits go I may have a glass of wine at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner with my family, but other than that they are extremely few and very far between.

I have never really liked coffee and with my various health problems I need to stay away from sugars and blood thinning veggies. I am on blood thinners. So I eat a lot of RED MEAT cooked rare to very rare for beef and medium for pork and well done for yard bird.

There are some veggies I really enjoy these include young green peas, spinach, asparagus, okra (steamed or fried), onions (Vidiala sweet), sweet potatoes.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Funny thing is, I actually like the smell of coffee, it's the taste I can't handle.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.