Tomorrow I Fly

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Tomorrow I Fly

Post by Mike »

My "Eff-It Button" has a hair trigger, and yesterday I pushed it to fly down to Orlando for the weekend to see an old girl friend. Skirt hosed and heeled flying in my near future! Yeah yeah I know pics or it didn't happen. :P Stay tuned!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
eightofnine

Re: Tomorrow I Fly

Post by eightofnine »

Have a great trip,won't need hose in Florida will you ? should be really hot .Do take lots of photos,are you going to Disney?
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

This is Mike we’re talking about. Legend of LAUF - an old hosiery forum. Roads will melt before this towering stalwart will dare to bare his legs! ;-)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Lucky old Mike,..No lockdown where he lives.

Nobody's flying anywhere out of here !

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Kirbstone » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:22 pm

Lucky old Mike,..No lockdown where he lives.

Nobody's flying anywhere out of here !
I'm not sure that is "lucky" at all -- the US numbers are going crazy and going to get a lot worse; freedom to get sick from a bunch of "you can't tell me what to do sorts" that punch airline staff for asking that you wear your mask; to coughing intentionally in your face;....and on it goes. I consider myself "lucky" to have gotten out of that insane place on a repatriation flight home before it got totally nuts. Staying put, masked, distant and hug-less is not fun -- but it a h..l of lot better than to be "lucky" in the so-called "freedom" of the US right now. Where is my "freedom" to safety from the hoards that think only of themselves in the immediate moment? FL stats are horrid -- but, as the charts show -- 21 of the 24 most virulent and infected States in the US are the "red" States that think Trump trumps science. Sorry, I'll seek my "luck" elsewhere.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Faldaguy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:23 am <snip>
Where is my "freedom" to safety from the hoards that think only of themselves in the immediate moment? FL stats are horrid -- but, as the charts show -- 21 of the 24 most virulent and infected States in the US are the "red" States that think Trump trumps science. Sorry, I'll seek my "luck" elsewhere.
The H1N1(Swine Flu) numbers were much worse than COVID-19, yet, the media blows it up
to be President Trump's fault.
WHY does everyone try to turn any comment into a political attack on President Trump :?:

To Mike: Have FUN and be safe :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I will stay tuned for the pics :)
Hence I would be disappointed to see this thread derailed by politics.
I know that in these strange times words like "lockdown" can stir up emotions. Members please exercise a bit of self moderation here.
Shouting will not de-escalate a situation.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

Uncle Al,

I have heard many people say that H1N1 was worse than Covid-19. The link below has some interesting
comparison between the two viruses and maybe it will explain why Covid-19 is such a concern.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-03- ... ponse.html

Of course you are free to draw your own conclusions or not read the article. However, the two virus are
really not alike and it is the newness of Covid-19 and its behavior that is problematic to those in the
medical field who have to deal with patients who contract it.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Uncle Al wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:40 am
The H1N1(Swine Flu) numbers were much worse than COVID-19, yet ...
You must be looking at different data than I've seen. H1N1 had 3,433 confirmed deaths(1) in the US; COVID-19 has over 227,000(2) and rising by about 700(3) per day.

(1)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swin ... ted_States
(2)https://covidgraph.com/
(3)https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-deaths

I cut out the political part. I find it more useful to look at the data.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

UA, I think that everyone blames Trump because he epitomises the "How do you tell if he's lying - his lips move!" According to him the virus is going away when the figures show the exact opposite. His lack of effort to deal with the virus speaks volumes.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:25 pmAccording to [El Heffe [2]] the virus is going away when the figures show the exact opposite.
The data don't lie. 1,128 new cases in Massachusetts alone yesterday and a total death-toll of 9.616 and rising. I'm waiting for LOCKDOWN 2020 -- The Sequel. And still nobody's saying anything about the psychological and societal damage done -- or what the suicide rates are doing (although suicide has always been a taboo subject here) -- nevermind that the normal economy [1] is in an absolute shambles and hope fades more and more with each passing day...

The sad news is that if we were smart as a species and not so greedy this thing could well have been isolated in China from where it came. However, no national leader had the stones to immediately ban air-travel to/from the affected areas. There's too much money at stake. So flights continued and we now witness the damage. Perhaps it's time for the natural rule of extinction to play its course with human-kind.

[1] There are two economies in the USA. One is the Wall Street Economy, which is primarily the playground of the oligarchs and which is doing obscenely well considering what's going on; the other is the economy where 99.999% of the population try to live in, and that's in tatters with absolute unemployment numbers at least in the 40% range and possibly higher (it was bad before SARS-CoV-2, and since the first ham-fisted lockdown and subsequent incompetently-handled "reopening" has only gotten worse) -- and there's no safety-net of any substance in the USA.

[2] A generic term to describe the despot at the head of the government. It's got a nice third-world charm to it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Must be a very long flight as I am yet to see any pictures from his trip :hide:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

crfriend wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:53 pm
[1] There are two economies in the USA. One is the Wall Street Economy, which is primarily the playground of the oligarchs and which is doing obscenely well considering what's going on; the other is the economy where 99.999% of the population try to live in, and that's in tatters with absolute unemployment numbers at least in the 40% range and possibly higher (it was bad before SARS-CoV-2, and since the first ham-fisted lockdown and subsequent incompetently-handled "reopening" has only gotten worse) -- and there's no safety-net of any substance in the USA.
In terms of social issues in the USA, I suspect that many would seek to turn the clock back to the 1950s. Which, as I understand it, was a highly conformist and dull/bland time. (I was born In 1956).

I think that LGBQ/Trans-as an example-is highly vulnerable. These movements haven't been around long enough to become firmly a part of our cultural DNA. Indeed, in the youth of many older people these were deemed perversions.

Economics? Highly reactionary, reminding one of the Robber Barons of the late 19th century.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:32 pmEconomics? Highly reactionary, reminding one of the Robber Barons of the late 19th century.
At least with the Robber Barons of the late 19th Century things could get done that benefited society as a whole. Nowadays it's all about billionaires who just want more and care not one whit about society. So, fundamentally, the two time-frames are vastly different, and likely cannot be directly compared.

As far as the the other societal components (e.g. LGBTQWTF&c), it's going to be a bit of a crap-shoot and where the most money falls will determine the direction of fall.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Anyway, to bring this thread back on line, how did your flight go and was your visit fulfilling/enjoyable? Some detail, please.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.