Old Woman Patriot

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Old Woman Patriot

Post by Uncle Al »

Another example of U.S. Patriotism :D
Old woman patriot JPG 2020-110-06.jpg
She was ready to give this 'protestor' her pointed answer ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Old Woman Patriot

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:rofl: :laff: :rofl:

Thanks for the laugh Al.....
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Sorry Uncle Al versions of this unattributed piece have been circulating on the net for almost 20 years now -- it is as sick today as it was then -- it does NOTHING to contribute to the views, values and attributes of either the country or folks on any part of the spectrum of concern for humanity. It is not even funny.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

I agree with you, Faldaguy.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:48 pm Sorry Uncle Al versions of this unattributed piece have been circulating on the net for almost 20 years now -- it is as sick today as it was then -- it does NOTHING to contribute to the views, values and attributes of either the country or folks on any part of the spectrum of concern for humanity. It is not even funny.
Please explain what is sick about it. First off its not meant to be funny The old woman has given more than enough to not be questioned about her views . What has the protester done to give her the right to chastise the older woman The woman has given a father a husband and a son her share and as for the protester I go to James 2/ 14 What good is it if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Threatening to brutally assault someone for a friendly gesture is sick in my opinion. People enjoy this story because they consider those of a different political opinion as enemies to be hurt. This is the opposite of patriotism, which will seek a nation of people that cares for one another.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

OKAY :twisted:
:soapbox:

I've had enough of the 'liberal minded" who can't see the forest for the trees.

A) The elderly woman lost 3 members of her family while they were serving in the military.
B) They fought for the 'RIGHTS' of people like the teenager(Who's probably a California Blond-dumber
than dirt).
C) The elderly woman lost her 'cool' and told the teenager(again-freedom of speech) what she would
do if the teenager persisted in bad-mouthing our country. She stood up for herself and her family.
D) The thought of the elderly woman placing her umbrella in a certain place, and opening it, IS FUNNY.
(The theater of the mind is put into place.)

The family members who perished, while serving in the military, are the ones who fought
for your 'rights' to respond in this manner.

Take the piece for what it's worth - humor, plain and simple.
Don't read something into the piece that wasn't intended to be there.

Yes, I'm pro-Trump. I also have read all of the negative comments written about him on Skirt Cafe'.
What doesn't play up in the Media is all of the good things he's done. Only the dirt that the Media
wants to use to discredit our President. Taking bits and pieces out of a 'sound bite' and twisting
things around to suit their agenda.

With all the negativity created by this bit of humor, I'm inclined to lock this thread.
I won't delete it because the responses show how twisted some people really are.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

AMEN! Uncle Al.

As I see it part of the trouble with this world today a huge lack of people with a sense of humor and take offense at everything they hear or see. The world is full of Obliviots and it dose not seem to be getting better.

There is no reason for anyone to make such comments as have been posted here because of a small piece of humor...
:evil:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Hmm.

I can easily find a lot of Trump cartoons I can post here. I won’t. There’s no point. What is humour to one is offensive to another.

I find the piece to be devoid of humour, and the response of the old lady aggressive. The protester was gently making a point with a”gesture of friendship”, only to be met with an aggressive response. Disappointing.

As for references to some bible, that’s irrelevant to me. I don’t believe in bibles or gods - so you may as well park that religious fiction. As for the ending “god bless America”, that’s another reason to discard this piece. It has religious fervour attached to it.

If the citizens of a country cannot accept or engage with criticism of that country, they are fools at best, dangerous zealots at worst. It’s not a good place to be. How can you improve a country when you are blind to its failings?

I agree with Faldaguy and others.

Al - lock this thread if you want - but if it’s because you disagree with the responses, wouldn’t that be rather petulant behaviour?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Ray wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:10 am Hmm.

I find the piece to be devoid of humour, and the response of the old lady aggressive. The protester was gently making a point with a”gesture of friendship”, only to be met with an aggressive response. Disappointing.
How do you know that the protestor was only making a gentle reminder Is it the same gentile reminder that BLM protesters forced diner patrons to raise their arm and fist in support for their cause.

If you don't choose to read the bible that 's your loss but i resent to your referencing it to fiction

Again you don't have to believe in the bible , but I wonder what code of ethics those who openly disavow the bible adhere to
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Ray wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:10 am Hmm.
.................. What is humour to one is offensive to another.
That is something to keep in mind when leading with our typing finger(s).

I find that self deprecating humour is the safest way to go, although I personally don't think it is that funny. :roll:
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:45 am
Ray wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:10 amHmm.
.................. What is humour to one is offensive to another.
That is something to keep in mind when leading with our typing finger(s).
Jingoistic humour is almost never funny and often deeply offensive to others who do not share the same point of view.

Al called me just when I was starting to cope with the fact that I was going to have to pull yet another all-nighter at work [1], noted it, and my heart sank because I knew in my heart of hearts where it was going to lead -- and, of course, it did as the evidence points up. Hell of a mess to wake up to after two fitful hours...

[1] uncompensated
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Its not funny not patriotic and not true it’s an urban myth or as some might put it “Fake Fact”.
All the ex service men of my acquaintance would agree with the protestor. I wasn’t there so I’ll have to take their word for it
:roll:
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Dan, the piece made it quite clear to me that the protester was peaceful in intent. Why cite a gesture of friendship if not?

I’ll ignore your BLM reference. It’s not germane to the issue.

If you don’t like my comments on the bible, don’t quote from it. It’s as simple as that. I never bring the subject of the bible up - I only respond to others’ comments.

I wish the subject had not been aired in the first place - although Al’s last comment below the article/piece was quite funny!
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

This is exactly the sort of conversation thread that puts me off commenting on these boards.

Come on guys, give it a rest!

Everyone has differing opinions, that's why we are on here.

Skirts, dresses, heels, hose, religion, politics, or humour, whatever.

We all different, just accept it.