The end of August

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The end of August

Post by Sinned »

Here it is just over mid-September and I won't switch the central heating on until October. I'm still ( just ) in T-shirts. No tights until next month at the earliest. True the temperatures have diffed a bit but still not cold and we still keep getting warm spells. According to the accurate weather forecast one due this weekend.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:25 pmHere it is just over mid-September and I won't switch the central heating on until October.
You're lucky. Here they're grumbling about frost warnings in the next few days. I'm already in long skirts and tights having just gotten back from a four-day sailing trip that had me shivering for some of it. I'm also contemplating putting a third blanket on the bed before I call it quits for the day. I suspect it's going to be a long winter.

Jeez, just a few weeks ago I was in camisoles and miniskirts...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

The weather here in S.Carolina has been cool and WET for the past few days due to the hermacane. How ever there are still many weeks of very warm to hot weather to come before I have to turn on the heat, and drag out the winter clothes..

It will probably be some time in November when it will get cold enough for warmer clothes or at least a jacket.

Right now it is 81 degrees F and about 80% humidity.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

We're enjoying an extended 'Indian' Summer here with afternoon temps in the low to mid 20s Centipede. Very pleasant and Tees are still King.
What goes on below these depends on who's around.
Right now opportunities to don skirts are rare as the house has rather a lot of family resident just now. I don't flaunt skirts at them. Tomorrow AM they are off swimming and that presents an opportunity to walk a big dog skirted across the local moor (bog). It'll be warm, so I have a little apple green 16 incher in mind.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Funny enough here in Oz it is also just passed mid September too, the world is strange is it not!

John
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

john62 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:25 pm Funny enough here in Oz it is also just passed mid September too, the world is strange is it not!

John
A coincidence. Next thing we will be having Christmas in December.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:53 am
john62 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:25 pmFunny enough here in Oz it is also just passed mid September too, the world is strange is it not!
In early Summer, yet!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I have just came back from town.
Linen dress and nought much else was perfectly ok and comfortable.
Gods I have to doubt that it can last much longer. At this rate, grass cutting could be a year round chore.
Steve.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by denimini » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:53 am

john62 wrote: ↑Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:25 pm
Funny enough here in Oz it is also just passed mid September too, the world is strange is it not!

John
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
The hour, day, season thing can play with your mind as you go down-under (or up-over?) -- I recall my first Christmas in Kiwi land, BBQ on the beach; swimming was great. Santa better know how to surf cause there sure weren't any signs of snow for sleighs!

Now closer to the end of September -- I can't tell if we are a degree warmer or cooler -- but it sure is a dang sight more wet! Sun in the buff on deck to start out, short full walking skirt this morning for my trek to find bananas (hard to beat the monkeys); and now a knee length A-line cotton number that may get replaced with a bit longer insulation by evening--not only do the season's change, but we get 'em daily!

Pura vida
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Looks like this time around Sept. 11th was the last real day of summer. The trend after that was overcast and cooler, and we have had rain-and according to the forecasts that looks like what we will have for the rest of September and into early October.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

No indian summer in my neck of the woods over the weekend. Heck, it was nippy enough yesterday that I had to break out a denim and jacket and tights for a brief outing I went on. Guess I'll soon have to break out my fall/winter attire.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

JeffB1959 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:24 am No indian summer in my neck of the woods over the weekend. Heck, it was nippy enough yesterday that I had to break out a denim and jacket and tights for a brief outing I went on. Guess I'll soon have to break out my fall/winter attire.
Not yet. Temperatures in the 80°s F. in the forecast.

Indian summer comes in Autumn. It's still summer until Tuesday morning.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well Ole' Mother Nature has pulled a fast one us poor Southerners and sent the jet stream plunging too far South. Last night the temps dropped to 43 F and the highs for the next week or so are in the mid to upper 70's F. With lows in mid to upper 40's F. :( :(
This is not supposed to happen until mid November... :thumbdown:
I was actually cold and had to put a blanket on the bed..
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Aw, My heart bleeds for you, Fred. By mid-November we'll have had our first clatter of Jack Frost, who will have seen off all the outside flowers and most of the leaves will have fallen as well.

Dark evenings and home fires lit nightly, Central heating revved up to Winter levels and electric blankets in use upstairs.

Gloves on to walk the dogs and any skirted forays only over thick wooly tights. Then it doesn't get any better temperature-wise until April/May !!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Kirbstone,

It would appear that you have very much the opposite to us, where you get 6 months of winter a year, we get 6 months of summer a year, which we're coming into now. First day of the spring to reach 30°C yesterday, today expecting 31°C...and possibly a thunderstorm this afternoon, the first for the season.

I have to say that I'm glad we don't get frost here, we're just too close to the equator here (27°27" South, 153°02" East), although in Christchurch, New Zealand, where I spent many a childhood year, we got frosts, frozen puddles and ice on the inside of the windows in the morning, and a shower only possible in the evening as sometimes the pipes in the roof would freeze.