How do you sleep????

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

How do you sleep????

Post by Fred in Skirts »

sleep normal.jpg
I have had this done on two occasions for Sleep Anapia. (SP)
It was very hard to get to sleep and even harder to stay asleep. The nurse technician was not pleased with my answers to why I could not sleep.. :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: How do you sleep????

Post by geron »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:17 am sleep normal.jpg
Forgive me, but I think that would be sleep apnoea or apnea. Anapia is an island in Lake Titicaca, Peru ;-)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Alternately very well and badly. All too frequently I find myself up in the middle of the night posting on SkCafe or watching Netflix.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

It was very hard to get to sleep and even harder to stay asleep. The nurse technician was not pleased with my answers to why I could not sleep.. :lol: :lol:
When I did that test I did not get to sleep until 4am and only slept 2 hours then I went home.
Once home I slept for 10 hours in my own bed.

Based on that test they recommend a CPAP.

When using the CPAP I found it hard to breathe, (it was hard to exhale), much less sleep with that stuff on my face.

The real problem was I was just not allowing enough time to sleep.
Hitting the sack at 1a-2a and getting up a 5-6a was not working.

I'm retired now so no alarm and I get up when my body is ready to get up.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

How well do I sleep......well that depends on a number of factors...

* How much I had to drink earlier that night.. (I usually sleep very well but nobody else does)..
* What is going on at work.. (I'm usually trying to solve problems at 3am rather than sleeping)
* How much sleep I got the night before.. (Sometimes influenced by my wife's study habits)
* Where on the bed that the cat decides he wants sleep..
* Which bit of the body aches the most.. (Too many injuries over the years having too much fun).
* The time of year.. (In summer it's daylight at 4.30am).
* The amount of light that penetrates the room.. See above.

I recall a time after escaping the hospital after a rebuild of the top of the tibia on my right leg, out of complete boredom posting a simple "It's 2:43am" and then having a debate with other friends in various different timezones as to who was right and who wasn't.
More recently it's reading SC or listening to online web SDRs around the globe or watching something I'd downloaded earlier......at any time during the hours of darkness, and sometimes into the early morning sunrise..
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Like a baby.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

About 6 on the Richter scale, I'm told I snore, tried recording it once, Frightening! Other than that, sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes almost not at all.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

In many small blocks. Most of the time, they contain various imaginary worlds, most of the time full of nonsense. Once it felt me so long that I was mentally exhausted when I woke up in the morning :lol:

Except that I never had to sleep in a hospital with that much of things connected to my body. I think I would not sleep very good
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

B & B,

Snoring is a symptom that you're not getting the O2 needed when sleeping.
You stop breathing for a few seconds, then have a heavy intake of air.
If you snored that much, you NEED a CPAP machine.
Since I've been using one(2003), I don't snore and get good sleep.
When I wake, I'm fully refreshed and ready to go ;)
I wouldn't be without one :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

geron wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:46 am
Forgive me, but I think that would be sleep apnoea or apnea. Anapia is an island in Lake Titicaca, Peru ;-)
Spelling is not always my best point and it is worst when it is not in my dictionary. :lol: :lol:

I would not mind visiting Lake Titicaca.. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

phathack wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:50 amWhen using the CPAP I found it hard to breathe, (it was hard to exhale), much less sleep with that stuff on my face.
If you found it hard to breath with the mask on they did not have it properly set-up. I find I sleep better with the mask on than with it off. Another thing that helps is to elevate the head of the bed by about 6 to 10 inches.
Fred
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

A few years ago my natural sleeping pattern unexplainedly dropped from 7.45 hours to about 6 hours. I have an aversion to sleep, plus I seem to be somewhat nocturnal, so often I sleep just 4.5 - 5 hours, which is really not enough. A few days of that and I tend to suffer from sleep deprivation. That means I will topically fall asleep briefly in my chair and might suffer from lethargy during the day, which is not helpful to anyone. At university I would often fall asleep for a few minutes whilst reading a book in the library. One descent sleep of around 6.5 hours usually puts it right again though.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Fred in Skirts » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:50 pm

geron wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:46 am
Fred in Skirts wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:17 pm
sleep normal.jpg
Spelling is not always my best point and it is worst when it is not in my dictionary. :lol: :lol:

I would not mind visiting Lake Titicaca.. :D
Though not connected, sleep apnea and Lake Titicaca do have an element of common concern: At 12K+ ft (3850 meters) some find the breathing a bit of a challenge. My wife, an asthmatic, came down with double pneumonia while in Puno (take off point for tours in the region) -- and she received excellent, very attentive care while there. And like pneumonia, sleep apnea is not something to be ignored. Please, if it is determined that you need this aid, use it --but be aware that the Docs typically prescribe inappropriately high settings which rather than optimizing efficacy, typically makes use of the devise so unpleasant the patient stops using it. The online support groups from other users will have many clues -- you CAN re-set the tech settings yourself -- far better than stopping altogether.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Several things I think would be of help and do work for me..

1. Raise the head of the bed by at least 6 inches to about 10 inches.
2. Do not eat for at least 3 hours before going to bed.
3. Do not drink fluids 3 to 4 hours before going to bed.
4. Wear a sleep mask to cut down on the amount of light getting to your eyes.
5. Try relaxing for an hour before going to bed.
6. Wear clothing that is comfortable to sleep in. Such as a light nightgown.
7. Do not over heat the room you are in. It is better to be a little cool than hot.

Just some things that may help you sleep better.

ZZZzzzzzzz
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I sleep anywhere between 3 and 6 hours per night. Been like it all my life. I read a lot into the early hours while my wife sleeps. I often sleep a couple of hours, wake, read and then turn the light out and sleep some more. Always awake by 06:00. I just accept it as part of life. Occasionally I do get tired and sleep for 8 hours. If I'm ill with a virus or something then I just sleep and can do that for 3 or 4 days until well.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.