PDX Dave

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

PDX Dave

Post by crfriend »

Happy birthday, Sir!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: PDX Dave

Post by moonshadow »

I can't believe Dave is 70!

No really... I would have never had guessed it. I always figured he was in his 50s.

Happy Birthday!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by moonshadow » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:50 pm

I can't believe Dave is 70!

No really... I would have never had guessed it. I always figured he was in his 50s.
Heck, he just has the 'wisdom' of youth! What will his 8th decade bring?

Happy Birthday and thanks for keeping the posts coming, we may all learn something! :shock: :)
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Happy Birthday young man.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Happy Birthday Dave!!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Thank you all so much!

Especially you Carl for kicking off this thread and you Moonshadow for saying how young you feel I look!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Welcome to the 70s club and your 8th decade, PDX. Just checking your avatar. That mop of dark hair....is it yours? If so, remarkable!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Happy birthday! :)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Happy birthday, Dave, and I've just realised that at 66 I'm catching him up fast!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Happy Birthday and I agree that you don't look your age . Hope you feel as young as you look
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Dave

Three Score and ten! Chapeau!

Ray
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:50 pm I can't believe Dave is 70!

Happy Birthday!
I too am shocked! I thought he was in his 50's as well.

Happy birthday!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Again, thank you gentlemen!

As to my avatar. The photo was taken at my Miata club's Christmas Party. I was wearing a bright red, sequined, halter neck evening gown. I may have posted a picture of it and referred to it as my Jessica Rabbit dress. The hair is mine; half of it is natural, the other half I'm paying for. All of it is dyed.

Left to its own devices, my natural hair is silver grey. The hairpieces that Hair Club installs and attaches with medical grade adhesive on a regular basis, comes in about as many colors and textures as one could want. When I first got into their program, I asked for hairpieces the color that my hair used to be with a wave close to what I have had all along. When my hair grew out at all Mom used to tell me what a shame it was that God wasted such a great wave on a man! Thanks to Covid-19 and several other circumstances I didn't see my Hair club hairstylist for a couple months so when I did get in to see her, she had something to work with and my wave is no longer going to waste!

As to Dan's question, generally I do feel as young as I look, right down to hearing about one person or another and thinking, "They're kind of old!" Until I remember they're about my age. Or when, as happened recently I went in for carpel tunnel surgery or my arthritis is particularly troublesome!

Finally Dennis, you can try as hard as you like, but you'll never catch up to me. :lol: At least not until I cash in my chips and that could be awhile. My father who was a WWII vet and worked in construction lived to be 91 and my mother made it to 101.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Dave, thank you. I'll try and put as much distance, time-wise, between you and I but it's not easy. I was talking to a customer the other day and I said to her, "Have you noticed that as you get older it gets more difficult to bend down?" She replied, "I have the answer to that. The ground gets lower!" What a refreshing and slightly oblique way of looking at it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.