The New Macabi Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
wsherman
Member Extraordinaire

The New Macabi Skirt

Post by wsherman »

Hello All
!

I bought one of the "slim" designed Macabi Skirts recently and thought I'd pass on some information about it.
It is made of the same fabric as the older style but has t I think about 1/3 less than the original. The skirt features the same ability to transform it into the various configurations as the Macabi. One iten I really like is a wider belt loop which allows a standard men's casual belt to be worn if disired, the elastic in the waistband is a bit more relaxed with the drawstring still present.
The security pocket on the rightside which closes with a zipper is deeper and roomier. There is a cell phone pocket on the inside of the left pocket which will accomadate the iPhone 6. There is still plenty of room for a good stride in spite of the reduction of fabric. All in all it is a very nice addition to the Macabi line!

Slainte'
Bill
"In a logical world men would ride sidesaddle." The Late Paul Harvey

I.D.I.C. "Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination" Vulcan philosophy from Star Trek TOS
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The New Macabi Skirt

Post by Big and Bashful »

I have just had a look at the Macabi skirt web site and it doesn't offer a slim Macabi, am I missing something? The site looks like it always did,

Or are all new Macabis slimmer than they were?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

It sounds enticing, and I love my Mac...but my closet is exploding, being the virtual India of skirts, so I better hold off a while before buying more.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
wsherman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by wsherman »

Hello again:

Gentlemen I owe you an apology for in my first post about the Macabi I omitted the information that the skirt was not yet available on the web site. The new Macabi can be ordered though by calling the store via the toll free number 1.888.550.7540 . I don't recall why it was not up on the web site just yet but it is available . Please forgive the error on my part for not conveying this in my earlier post. mia culpa!

Slainte'
Billr
"In a logical world men would ride sidesaddle." The Late Paul Harvey

I.D.I.C. "Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination" Vulcan philosophy from Star Trek TOS
DTSA

Post by DTSA »

I noticed that it is now on the website. Looks like I will have to persuade the wife that I need another Macabi!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Just placed an order for the original Macabi skirt. Extra Large for the waist, short in length, and Raspberry Wine (red).

Not going to do much outdoors-y stuff while under lock down. But I've been meaning to experiment with a skirt longer than knee length.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Looks like a very neat skirt for men and women.
At least there are a few pictures of a male model wearing it. They need a few more pictures with the male model.

I like everything about it till I get to the price, then I choke on my * Kool aid.
I guess I am cheap.
It looks alot like a scrub skirt. I'd feel alot better about tearing up a scrub skirt at a scrub skirt price. Than the Macabi skirt while on a wilderness hike.
Kind of like wearing a kilt to change the motor oil. Not going to happen.
** Or a tuxedo to butcher chickens.

Would one of you Macabi skirt owner be will to take pictures of the attachment locations for the trousers conversion strap. Im curious to see what it might take to modify a scrub skirt to be similar to the Macabi.

* (Actually don't like Kool aid or drink much sodas lately, just added for humor)

** ( No chicken s were harmed before during or after the writing of this post.)
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I think that they could use male models for the Slim version, as well as the knee length.

I have to wonder about the design trade offs in the original Macabi skirt. I can imagine a simplified version where there is means to secure the hem-for diaper mode.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Skirt just showed up at my door step, as I was finishing up my early morning coffee. In a few minutes I will change into a Running Kilt and head out for my aerobics. I will try the new skirt after I shave and shower.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Tried on the new skirt. With nothing in the pockets, the elastic waist was adequate for holding up the skirt.

There are three pockets, one zippered, which are quite roomy.

The hem was a few inches above my ankles.

When I sat down, the front of the skirt dangled so as to achieve modesty.

The wading snaps worked okay. As for the strap that is pulled between your legs (to create the diaper effect), it didn't reach until the wading snaps held up the lower skirt. Even then, with the strap fastened fore and aft, the strap was tight against my butt, and I think that it could easily break with moderate stress on the garment.

Over all, the garment is not to my taste.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

I have a few of these in knee-length that I wear often. They're really light and seem waterproof/indestructible and the pockets are fantastic. I do wish they were a little bit shorter, a few inches above the knee would be perfect. There's also a bit of extra fabric, I suppose because I don't have female hips? At any rate they've been fantastic in the hot weather lately.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

I think that you are probably meaning this skirt: https://www.macabiskirt.com/slim-skirt
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
jimskirts

Post by jimskirts »

I have the slim skirt and the knee length one both are comfortable and well made.
The fit on both is comfortable. Almost as much freedom of movement as a kilt in both styles,
And not exposing anything.