Greetings from NL

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Greetings from NL

Post by rode_kater »

So I saw the post by mishawakaskirt, but I was already thinking of introducing myself here. Been a member for a while but wasn't really reading because I just couldn't get the hang of phpBB. Eventually I googled for instructions and now I can actually follow threads sensibly.

I actually started out a very long time ago as crossdresser, but mostly being attracted to skirts. Everything else was interesting, but skirts, they were The Thing. (Well, and one-piece swimsuits). I've been active on the /r/crossdressing reddit for quite a while and it was quite a nice channel, but a little while back Tumblr expelled all the crossdressers (amongst other things) and many came to reddit. So there are now lots of pictures, and not so much text. And in the meantime I realised that I don't want to look like a women, I just like the clothes, especially skirts. And I stumbled onto SkirtCafe, which has more text and less pictures. :D

Lockdown has been great, in the sense that I can spend a lot more time in a skirt due to working at home. I never did the kilt step, they'd be out of place here anyway. I just go to the racks at the local thrift store and buy anything I think looks ok. And recently I've been working on dresses, which are basically the next best thing to wearing nothing at all. I despaired of finding anything that would fit my frame, but I think I'm getting somewhere now.

I have been skirted in public and in a dress too, mostly to get used to it, I can handle more people now. The problem mainly I have to do it by myself. My SO accepts it but does not support it (yet, I'm hopeful). And going for a walk on the beach in a sundress just isn't the same all by yourself. I know there must be more of us here in NL but I never see them. The male students that that walk around for a day in a ballerina costume as an exercise don't count.

Looking forward to some more interesting discussions about how to make MIS more mainstream.

Anyway, obligatory pictures, this is one of my current favourites: https://imgur.com/a/9YhPnA2
I think it looks good on me, but I never considered myself a good judge of these things.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greetings from NL

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Greetings rode_kater.
:welcome:
I looked at your pictures in a dress and I must say you do it right. I too wear a dress now and then instead of a skirt and top. I do wear skirts all of the time and every where. I started to wear dresses a few years back but only in the past year have I started to wear them every where. I find them most comfortable.

Fred.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Welkom rode_kater, groetjes uit NL

Greetings, and welcome to SkirtCafe. Maybe you know www.rokvoormannen.nl ? I started out wearing skirts in public when I was still a man. I'm a transwoman now.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Rokje wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:00 am Greetings, and welcome to SkirtCafe. Maybe you know www.rokvoormannen.nl ? I started out wearing skirts in public when I was still a man. I'm a transwoman now.
Huh, I saw that site before. It says last news 2010 so thought it was dead. But there's a forum I overlooked which is not dead.

Thanks for the pointer!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Welcome to the Skirt Cafe! I too started as a crossdresser, but when I decided to try dresses again, I realized I didn't want to go to the effort of creating and maintaining a fake female persona, I just wanted to wear the clothes.

So now I do, everywhere. At home, shopping and taking care of all of my personal business, including going to the doctor's. I also wear dresses or skirts and a blouse to work and church. So go for it. Even if no other man in your vicinity wears skirts, you'll give other people confidence that they too can live their truth!

I followed your link and have to say, you've got a nice dress there! Now stop being so coy and show us your handsome face.

If you're concerned about public exposure, post your pictures in the Pics & Looks section. It's only available to members and then only when they're logged on.

Have fun!
Last edited by Pdxfashionpioneer on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 am I followed your and have to say, you've got a nice dress there! Now stop being so coy and show us your handsome face.
Ha, those pictures were made for reddit, so there's no idea where they end up. I don't have facebook, my linkedin doesn't have a profile photo and everywhere else has a picture of my cat. It's a bit of a habit. Since today I've can see that other group so I'll see if I can work myself up to it :)
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Welcome to SkirtCafe! :)
And yes, even if it's good to see there are other men wearing skirts, that's better to have opportunity to interact with them! ;)