Home improvement

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Home improvement

Post by Kirbstone »

Great job so far, Moon and your black above-knee number is just right for the task in hand. Rome wasn't built in a day and your refurb. schedule makes sense.
With all that hot weather, perhaps your next project might be a 'horizon' or infinity pool in the garden :idea:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

moonshadow wrote:
Yes... that is duct tape on my left shoe. The sole was coming off and I'm generally too frugal to throw them out, however I use them for old work shoes.

I went to Walmart this morning to purchase a Phillips bit for my drill... I wore this outfit, taped shoe and all. A few snickered, but I wasn't sure if it was the skirt or the tape... hey.. at least nobody can say I'm all hung up over vanity! :D

What can I say... I'm just a hillbilly at heart... :lol:

Screenshot_20200718-152622_Video Player_resize_80_compress20.jpg

Screenshot_20200718-152709_Video Player_resize_80_compress82.jpg

20200718_144823_resize_18_compress92.jpg

20200718_144808_resize_60_compress45.jpg
No wonder you got sniggers. I can’t understand why you didn’t put duct tape round the right one as well to get a matching pair😁
:roll:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Looks like a good job to me. As to the soles you can get proper glue for them but superglue does an adequate job. Not sure how waterproof it is but there are different types of superglue. I have just done a pair of trainers and they seem to be ok so far.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Floor is looking good. I am like you I wear shoes to death with liberal amounts of "Shoe Goo" adhesive to hold them together.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

HELP! I accidentally build a shelf
help-i-accidentally-build-a-shelf-help-i-accidentally-restored-27254482.png
:lol:

Pantry shelf added today. I also installed a new overlay of wallboard to cover that hideous mess behind the refrigerator.
20200718_112706_resize_19_compress17.jpg
20200719_174525_resize_49_compress73.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Your range of skills is expanding rapidly, Moon. Nothing wrong with what you've done there.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Where'd the wall outlet go? And what was the poster of?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:33 am Where'd the wall outlet go? And what was the poster of?
At the time of photograph, the wall outlet was dangling in the basement stairwell.

It has since been returned to its rightful location after completing a fresh square hole and utilizing and electrical "old work box".

As for the poster, it's actually a fabric poster of unknown origin, it appeared at some point in my home back when I lived in Bedford VA 20 years ago. It's a possible leftover from "the ex", but nobody really knows for sure....

It simply appeareth... perhaps someday it may disappear into the same void...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:30 amI'll be tinkering with this room for many paydays to come, like the Johnny Cash song... "we got it one piece at a time"... But it did cost money though.... :wink:
I love a good Johnny Cash song... Glad to hear you aren't stealing stuff.

But seriously, that's the way to go, work on it slowly yourself. I'd much rather buy a place that needs a little work, and have the money to slowly make it happen, than buy a place that's perfect and have no extra cash each paycheck.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Mistakes like violating the carpenters rule of Measure twice and cut once" are or will be overlooked
as only you will know the faults of your work and how you covered it up !

One thing don't make it obvious like that Winchester House in San Jose California 13 steps going
up to a blank ceiling & doors opening to walls !

For the sake of livable space - using the Mother of Invention method - works for me !

My grandfather was a Master Builder - one solo craftsman building an entire house with occasional
aid of others i.e. cement work and high level roofing rafters.
This all in the era after cookie cutter row housing 30s-40s.

Nice read of the accomplishments of Moonshadow - keep it up ***
*** Skirtcafe - Better Homes and Garden representative
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !