Items on eBay

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Items on eBay

Post by denimini »

Hi Viz! Cheap enough even at the buy now but I am afraid that top would allow my belly to stick out.
I wasn't sure if to put this in the "Skirt Brand Names" thread instead.
https://picclick.com.au/Missguided-Deni ... 83515.html
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Here's a macho micro. One would not lose any points off the "man card" with this one. :roll:
If it was a size smaller (not shorter) and in Australia, I would buy it.
https://picclick.com.au/Cute-Sexy-Camou ... 01495.html
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

That camouflage skirt is right the kind of mini skirts I like. I would buy and wear it if I was living in Australia.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

denimini wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:02 pm Here's a macho micro. One would not lose any points off the "man card" with this one. :roll:
If it was a size smaller (not shorter) and in Australia, I would buy it.
https://picclick.com.au/Cute-Sexy-Camou ... 01495.html
yes... nice skirt!!!!
if I wore it with nude high heeled pumps then it would still deduct points off my "man card"... but I' fear my "man card" might be in the negatives anyway now....

NZF
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sikko wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:24 am That camouflage skirt is right the kind of mini skirts I like. I would buy and wear it if I was living in Australia.
The skirt is in the UK. The exchange rate and postage would make it too expensive to get to Australia.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

That camo mini looks like Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli came together and made it for Rambo.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I'm not sure how often it might work, but a technique we often use here: A friend is going to the US, Canada, etc for a family trip or business -- we order an item from Amazon or eBay or such to be sent to the address they will be visiting. Our neighbor then pops it in their own suitcase to bring back. No customs, no shipping cost -- just need someone from where you live visiting a spot where an item can be had. Given we have such lousy postal service here; and couriers and customs can add a fortune to bringing things in, this use a traveling friend to bring something back is a very popular method. We even make announcements at our meetings locally that we are going to such and such a place, and we can take their mail and post it from the US, or bring back a few items. Often the 'demand' for suitcase space is overwhelming if not carefully controlled. I have even brought back an "extra" suitcase with such goods -- dividing the cost of the extra bag among those who have goods in it. Just a bit of community spirit to help one another out. I brought everything from car parts to underwear at one time or another. Granted, you may have to wait a few weeks till someone goes or comes, but it does work for us.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I recently ordered this and received it today. I must say the quality is top notch. The sizing is very accurate too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Mens-Scotti ... 2749.l2649
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Certainly cheap enough for a utility kilt looking skirt, with belt loops and a large pocket. Most clothing is made in china, even expensive brands.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

When we travel we pack an empty duffle bag to bring stuff home. I collect tee shirts from places we like to visit. Sometimes we get a box and send dirty clothes and souvineirs home. We advise people who are going to Hawail to bring their toothbrush and underwear and buy tee shirts and shorts there. If you bring anything else you will look out of place. Make sure you don't wear a lei because you will look too much like you just got off the plane and get taken advantage of by people who like to skin tourists who just got off the plane. I have been skun.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:26 pm When we travel we pack an empty duffle bag to bring stuff home. I collect tee shirts from places we like to visit. Sometimes we get a box and send dirty clothes and souvineirs home. We advise people who are going to Hawail to bring their toothbrush and underwear and buy tee shirts and shorts there. If you bring anything else you will look out of place. Make sure you don't wear a lei because you will look too much like you just got off the plane and get taken advantage of by people who like to skin tourists who just got off the plane. I have been skun.
If your travels include Hawaii in the next month or so - plan on a 14 day quarantine period -
you don't need much in clothing in confined stay in place quarters.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Yes, for those of us would-be Summer travellers, the prospect of a whole two weeks quarantine just makes a nonsense of it. There are some destinations which have not introduced quarantine and these need to be researched.

Our early Summer so far on this Island of rogues & robbers has been 'shorts & tees' pretty much 24/7 for the last 6 weeks, which I convert to minis 'n tees when I get the chance. Result so far: lots of tanned flesh, which can't be bad.

Two foreign excursions went to the wall, even the one planned for September, so I expect it'll probably be next year before I can get off the Island and wrap my tongue around a foreign language, even if that language is English! Airlines aren't offering refunds on cancelled tickets, just vouchers to go towards future trips with them. Understandable if they don't go bust meanwhile. :blue:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Kirbstone » Thu May 21, 2020 12:55 pm
Yes, for those of us would-be Summer travellers, the prospect of a whole two weeks quarantine just makes a nonsense of it. There are some destinations which have not introduced quarantine and these need to be researched. ....

Two foreign excursions went to the wall, even the one planned for September, so I expect it'll probably be next year before I can get off the Island and wrap my tongue around a foreign language, even if that language is English! Airlines aren't offering refunds on cancelled tickets, just vouchers to go towards future trips with them. Understandable if they don't go bust meanwhile.
Well, we are enjoying our 'quarantine' as it is at home finally. Indeed the curtailment on travel is going to open all kinds of new twists to consider, and I'd be extra cautious of those places that do NOT have a quarantine, or confirmed negative CV test upon arrival--and even that is a bit weak.

But, the ticket situation is not all bad. Lots of incredibly low fares being offered even for several months in the future; often with no fee changes offered. We "scored" a win when our flight home was cancelled for the sixth time. We had managed to get on the first leg of a flight from Houston with another airline that was headed out to retrieve stranded Yanks in Costa Rica, pricey but got us home. I purposely left the open ticket we had home in place fully expecting they would cancel it, and indeed they did. So with it being their cancellation, we got pretty much our choice of how to apply it next, and they are so happy to not have to refund cash and book almost anything, we applied it to a pair of seats that showed as over $1900.00 each for the ticket I had paid less than $800 for the two of us--no ticket price difference applied. So, if the airline has cancelled your flight -- try to barter it for a future treat -- may be a better investment than a refund. [You may have to request they 'escalate' the request to get it approved by 'management' as first line customer service reps often do not have the authority.]
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Kirbstone wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:55 pm Two foreign excursions went to the wall, even the one planned for September, so I expect it'll probably be next year before I can get off the Island and wrap my tongue around a foreign language, even if that language is English! Airlines aren't offering refunds on cancelled tickets, just vouchers to go towards future trips with them. Understandable if they don't go bust meanwhile. :blue:
Tom, under EU law, airlines are obliged to give a refund if they cancel your flight. But they will try to fob you off with vouchers for future flights -- and if you accept those, you lose your right to a refund. I've already been promised a refund for a flight to Spain last Thursday (though it hasn't reached my account yet). My return flight, on a different route and via a different airline, hasn't formally been cancelled yet, though the airline has said it won't resume flights until at least a fortnight after that date. So I shall be demanding a refund there too.
Freefrom

Post by Freefrom »

ue:
Tom, under EU law, airlines are obliged to give a refund if they cancel your flight. But they will try to fob you off with vouchers for future flights -- and if you accept those, you lose your right to a refund. I've already been promised a refund for a flight to Spain last Thursday (though it hasn't reached my account yet). My return flight, on a different route and via a different airline, hasn't formally been cancelled yet, though the airline has said it won't resume flights until at least a fortnight after that date. So I shall be demanding a refund there too.
Are airline companies not strapped for cash just now? They will do nearly anything to prevent funds leaving their account. Even if obliged to refund a cancelled flight insolvency would prevent them. Plus, I might speculate, that a rush in demand for refunds might soon tip them over the edge?