My Weather

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My Weather

Post by moonshadow »

We've been running the heat now for what seems like weeks. I look out my window this MID MAY morning and the trees are swaying to a cold 40 degree (F) wind...

February we had the windows open....

WTF....

Before long we'll be opening the pools in January and sleigh riding in July... :roll:

Did the Earth literally get turned upside down? Are we now in the southern hemisphere?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

moonshadow wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:57 pm We've been running the heat now for what seems like weeks. I look out my window this MID MAY morning and the trees are swaying to a cold 40 degree (F) wind...

February we had the windows open....

WTF....

Before long we'll be opening the pools in January and sleigh riding in July... :roll:

Did the Earth literally get turned upside down? Are we now in the southern hemisphere?
Check your forecast. It will be in the 80°s daily starting Friday.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Jim wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:45 pm Check your forecast. It will be in the 80°s daily starting Friday.
Yeah but I ain't off those days... :(
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Also of note is that "weather" is quite distinct from "climate". Forget that at your peril.

So, it's gonna suck for a few days. That's weather, If it's gonna suck for a decade, that's climate.

You're not alone. I'm in a cold spell as well, and that's not going to lift for close to a week.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:38 am So, it's gonna suck for a few days.
Indeed... its a slap in the face to look outside and see the beautiful spring flowers, birds chirping, blue sky... you decide to step outside... a cold 40 degree Canadian wind cuts through you like a knife...

Damn! Back in the house we go!
-Andrea
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Up to last Saturday evening, 23 deg. C & wall-to-wall Sun. Gorgeous. Sunday, the 'Scottish' wind arrives, gale force, best temp. 10 deg. C....Brrrrh ! They tell us it'll be here for a week. No rain forecast and we have to fill our donkeys' water trough with 100 yards of garden hose.

Overcoat back on to walk the dogs in the morning. Frost tonight! Back to February :blue:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Kirbstone wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:19 am ... we have to fill our donkeys' water trough with 100 yards of garden hose.
Poor donkey, wouldn't it prefer water?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Great stuff. Pelmut.

Instead of the word 'with', please substitute 'using' and you'll get nearer the truth. No, neither donkey has developed a hose fetish, but they do need drinking water.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !