Corona Virus

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: World Nude Gardening Day

Post by crfriend »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:19 pmDon't forget to celebrate. Tomorrow is World Nude Gardening Day. Hope you had plenty of practice.
Whilst I applaud the notion, the prevailing local temperatures here, having been accurately tracking numbers from early March, are likely to get in the way of the idea. Blue tinge and shivering are seldom attractive to onlookers or comfortable to participants.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: World Nude Gardening Day

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:10 pm
Happy-N-Skirts wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:19 pmDon't forget to celebrate. Tomorrow is World Nude Gardening Day. Hope you had plenty of practice.
Whilst I applaud the notion, the prevailing local temperatures here, having been accurately tracking numbers from early March, are likely to get in the way of the idea. Blue tinge and shivering are seldom attractive to onlookers or comfortable to participants.
You only need a little shot of the "O be joyful" to stay the chill. Back when I was a lot younger and in a lot better shape I was a member of a Nudist Resort in the mountains of Georgia and I went year around. I would swim in the icy cold stream and then get in the hot tub made for a great time. I would hike the trails in 35 degree weather with only shoes for my feet. I was not the only one that did this, the weekends were full of like minded folk.

So grab your shovel and rake and work up a sweat and you will not mind the chill. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Kirbstone »

Yeah. That concept would go down like a lead balloon here.

A little bit like when they banned all smoking inside public buildings here, (the first country to do so) the Police weren't sure it could be enforced with their available manpower.
The concept /law had such universal approval that every citizen became a policeman overnight and the compliance was 100%. The police had their job done for them. Exceptions were small outfits run by East European immigrants, but they were brought into line in short order by their own customers.

Gardening and nudism are an oxymoron. Fact is, hands-on gardening brings one into close contact with prickly and stingy plants....brambles, thistles, nettles to mention just three. The wearing of appropriate protective clothing is a prerequisite. Nudism doesn't get a look in.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:31 am
Gardening and nudism are an oxymoron. Fact is, hands-on gardening brings one into close contact with prickly and stingy plants....brambles, thistles, nettles to mention just three. The wearing of appropriate protective clothing is a prerequisite. Nudism doesn't get a look in.

Tom
Today I just had a 12" denim skirt on. I've got most of the nettles down and brambles out where I garden, and the thistles aren't up yet. I plan to observe the day, tilling and digging out small trees dressed as God intended. Forecast mostly sunny and 78°F sounds good.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Jim wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:44 am Today I just had a 12" denim skirt on. I've got most of the nettles down and brambles out where I garden, and the thistles aren't up yet. I plan to observe the day, tilling and digging out small trees dressed as God intended. Forecast mostly sunny and 78°F sounds good.
12'' skirt would be ideal for gardening.

For a few years in my teens I used to surf etc and I do remember the freedom of just wearing bottoms only, but for a good decade now I mostly wear a top because I have to, and I have a love-hate relationship with my bras. That said I must admit I'm not brave enough to show myself off anyway, so I suppose I grumble about an option I wouldn't be brave enough to wear. Then again I might do it around home because I could avoid tan-lines, which are a bit unsightly (and no I am not into suntanning cause that's not a smart thing either these days! - but a bit of sun is nice)

Down here we're heading into wintery temps - so the time of year is wrong here too.... you guys might have it sorted with spring/summer conditions???

Lucky you.

NZF
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I am always in a mini skirt when gardening, with a top and hat for sun protection. I have had a few skin cancers burnt (frozen) off my hands, face and arms. I don't fancy having same treatment to more tender parts .......... so no nude gardening here. I would also feel a bit vulnerable wielding a large pair of shears ............... they have only just re-introduced elective surgery in hospitals.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Some curious statistics are appearing in the UK.  The averaged rate of deaths has fallen from just under 1,000 per day to just under 750 per day in three weeks and appears to be heading steadily downwards at a straight-line rate which could drop to almost no deaths in 9 weeks time.  Meanwhile the number of 'cases'* continues steadily at about 5,000 per day and shows no sign of falling.

Is this because:

1)  Better treatment of the hospitalised vulnerable is allowing more of them to survive.

2)  Vulnerable people are being better protected against catching C 19 in the first place,

3)  The pool of very vulnerable people has become depleted because a signficant number of them have already died.

4)  Less-vulnerable people are becoming careless and are being infected.

5)  People who catch C 19 are receiving smaller doses because of the precautions and are surviving better.

6)  The stats don't show the true story (eg wider testing is picking up more of the lightly-infected).

Any thoughts?

*'Cases' means people who have been proven to have C 19; the number of people infected with it is thought to be 5 to 7 times that number.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

pelmut wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:18 pm Some curious statistics are appearing in the UK.  The averaged rate of deaths has fallen from just under 1,000 per day to just under 750 per day in three weeks and appears to be heading steadily downwards at a straight-line rate which could drop to almost no deaths in 9 weeks time.  Meanwhile the number of 'cases'* continues steadily at about 5,000 per day and shows no sign of falling.

Is this because:

1)  Better treatment of the hospitalised vulnerable is allowing more of them to survive.

2)  Vulnerable people are being better protected against catching C 19 in the first place,

3)  The pool of very vulnerable people has become depleted because a signficant number of them have already died.

4)  Less-vulnerable people are becoming careless and are being infected.

5)  People who catch C 19 are receiving smaller doses because of the precautions and are surviving better.

6)  The stats don't show the true story (eg wider testing is picking up more of the lightly-infected).

Any thoughts?

*'Cases' means people who have been proven to have C 19; the number of people infected with it is thought to be 5 to 7 times that number.
The figures are heavily massaged, sometimes it is just hospitals, other times care homes, sometimes backdated deaths they forgot or has been added in at the last minute. The numbers will fluctuate between the 300s and 800s for some time. There's more people out and about now, and I think Monday will see even more, as they want people to start returning to work as they can't keep people on furlough leave. Some may be pushed into redundancy. Another financial crash beckons :blue:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

pelmut wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:18 pm 6)  The stats don't show the true story (eg wider testing is picking up more of the lightly-infected).
Regarding the situation in the U.S.... we've not really had an idea of what's actually going on to this day... we still lag woefully in our testing ability, we are light years away from knowing the true number of people infected... assuming we ever do [learn the answer].

I have personally given up on any real metrics of value and am simply focusing on damage control at this point... which has basically been the path all along with our leadership...

Chances are, any scientist or expert who speaks the truth or even ask too many questions will find him or herself in the unemployment line along side all of the service workers...

That's just how it is.

They can say whatever they want, I don't believe any of it. The world is either ending or it isnt... come what may.

"Swear allegiance to the flag, what ever flag they offer, never hint at what you truly feel"...

... I got it. I keep my mouth shut.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

The figures being reported are about as reliable as the 100000 tests a day promised. They reported that number for one day only That was the day promised and then it fell back to what was before. Nobody questioned it!!
I know several people who have probably had COVID 19 and recovered. They didn’t appear in any statistics as they weren’t tested.
It’s the usual SNAFU We probably won’t find out until the secret papers are released in 30 years time and maybe not then if any of those in power are still alive.
I’m not singling out the UK here. Every government is playing a similar game
:roll:
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Shilo wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:38 pm The figures being reported are about as reliable as the 100000 tests a day promised. They reported that number for one day only That was the day promised and then it fell back to what was before. Nobody questioned it!!
I don't think anyone believed it from the start.  Playing politics with something this serious is a good way for fools to show us what they are.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

pelmut wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:05 pm
Shilo wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:38 pm The figures being reported are about as reliable as the 100000 tests a day promised. They reported that number for one day only That was the day promised and then it fell back to what was before. Nobody questioned it!!
I don't think anyone believed it from the start.  Playing politics with something this serious is a good way for fools to show us what they are.
Unfortunately most of the sheep will have swallowed it. It’s goats like most of us on this forum who question the accepted norms
:roll:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:05 pmPlaying politics with something this serious is a good way for fools to show us what they are.
Indeed.

I'm not willing to put it down to conspiracy or outright lying, I think it's simple incompetence and ignorance of the science and statistics. Couple that with ill-preparedness (although how does one really prepare for an unknown like this?) and one winds up with a mess. The statistics are a perfect example of that, and it takes some pretty fancy math to get to about 3 or four derivatives of the raw number (so many "confirmed infections", no mention of recoveries, no mention of rates of infection, and so many tests with so many positives -- which is a fundamentally flawed number because you've stacked the numbers by not testing a representative section of the population). It's a comedy of errors being put on by the Keystone Kops.

Ignorance takes many forms, of which the silliest is, "But we have to do something!" which is what we're seeing in the USA, both at the Federal level (which has botched it at every possible turn) and at the state level. I am confined to home until I can complete sewing a fabric mask which I will need to wear outside or face a $300 fine. This is where idiocy gets dangerous and the lesser informed think that a strip of cloth is going to isolate them from viruses that are on the order of microinches in size. They'll stop distancing and spread things even faster. Worse, is that there is some evidence that wearing a fabric mask can make things even worse for someone wearing one that someone not -- they tend to concentrate the virus and then expose the unwitting wearer to a larger viral load than they would have got from the open air. Sometimes, "doing something" is worse than doing nothing at all -- but, of course, nobody bothers to look at the science and the way people and things behave in the real world.

So I'll wear my mask. If it makes matters worse it makes matters worse -- and it'll help dehumanise the world a little bit more than it already was, and there'll be a psychological price to pay in addition to the potential added risk of "doing something". Boneheads. The merely ignorant blindly following the profoundly stupid.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

crfriend wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 pm
pelmut wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:05 pmPlaying politics with something this serious is a good way for fools to show us what they are.
Indeed.

I'm not willing to put it down to conspiracy or outright lying, I think it's simple incompetence and ignorance of the science and statistics. Couple that with ill-preparedness (although how does one really prepare for an unknown like this?) and one winds up with a mess. The statistics are a perfect example of that, and it takes some pretty fancy math to get to about 3 or four derivatives of the raw number (so many "confirmed infections", no mention of recoveries, no mention of rates of infection, and so many tests with so many positives -- which is a fundamentally flawed number because you've stacked the numbers by not testing a representative section of the population). It's a comedy of errors being put on by the Keystone Kops.

Ignorance takes many forms, of which the silliest is, "But we have to do something!" which is what we're seeing in the USA, both at the Federal level (which has botched it at every possible turn) and at the state level. I am confined to home until I can complete sewing a fabric mask which I will need to wear outside or face a $300 fine. This is where idiocy gets dangerous and the lesser informed think that a strip of cloth is going to isolate them from viruses that are on the order of microinches in size. They'll stop distancing and spread things even faster. Worse, is that there is some evidence that wearing a fabric mask can make things even worse for someone wearing one that someone not -- they tend to concentrate the virus and then expose the unwitting wearer to a larger viral load than they would have got from the open air. Sometimes, "doing something" is worse than doing nothing at all -- but, of course, nobody bothers to look at the science and the way people and things behave in the real world.

So I'll wear my mask. If it makes matters worse it makes matters worse -- and it'll help dehumanise the world a little bit more than it already was, and there'll be a psychological price to pay in addition to the potential added risk of "doing something". Boneheads. The merely ignorant blindly following the profoundly stupid.
Carl I would like your opinion on this. https://plandemicmovie.com/
The lady had a Youtube video that lasted all of a day and has since been removed.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

crfriend wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 pm although how does one really prepare for an unknown like this?
The USA had a fairly comprehensive plan for dealing with a pandemic, but in this case it was not followed.
crfriend wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 pm This is where idiocy gets dangerous and the lesser informed think that a strip of cloth is going to isolate them from viruses that are on the order of microinches in size.
The masks are not meant to protect the wearer, they are to reduce the risk of the wearer unknowingly infecting someone else if they are a carrier but asymptomatic.