Are you using the remain in place rule to your advantage?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Are you using the remain in place rule to your advantage?

Post by Coder »

Mask guidance appears to be mixed. My take on it is:

1) A mask/covering will reduce the amount of virus reaching your airways - may not prevent catching it, but may reduce the severity of the disease. There is limited research on other viruses in this vein, but not something I'd bet money on.

2) Asymptomatic spread is possible, which means someone who doesn't think they are sick who doesn't wear a mask could be spreading it

3) More and more lately, I'm hearing experts say "it is highly contagious". I'm very curious if they are speaking of the super spreader phenomenon (which I don't know much about), or in general. We sort of knew back in January that it was easily spread - moreso than flu - not as much as measles. I worry that the people at the very top - who can see the whole picture - know something we don't.

As for me, with everyone around me wearing a mask I wonder if I really need to wear one :D. Went to Costco today, wore a mask. 90% of the people were wearing masks, many were wearing gloves. I don't see the point of gloves - provided I have hand sanitizer on me, I don't see gloves giving me any benefit in the store.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I think the only effect is negative, some of my skirts are getting a bit too snug!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I am not wearing masks, I am bearded which reduces their effectiveness anyway. I am living by myself, I have had a couple of deliveries left on the doorstep, have had a couple of brief visits from a friend whilst staying spaced out and remaining outside. I have been to shop twice, only touching what I buy for myself and in a shop were distancing is well enforced. Back at the start of this I was concerned because my office mate returned from a course having sat next to someone who had been to Spain, however that was right back at the start, everything I have heard says if I was infected it would have shown itself at least a couple of weeks ago, I don't see how I could be infected at the moment and so don't think I could pass it to anyone else. I suppose this weekend I will have to shop and expose myself to the plague and see how it goes.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

People our age are expected to take deliveries at home.

Just today I was allowed out by MOH.....to deliver surplus childrens' clothes to an asylum home (hotel) nearby. Once out the drive I delivered as requested, then chose a small Centra store where there was no entrance queue to secure a few essential groceries, then drove to the next town to collect my wash-and-dry laundry, then on to our (empty) Practice to check on my mail and deliveries. Eerie, that was!

I chose back routes to get me round, so encountered no police road blocks, of which there are many on the main roads.

Glorious Day!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Faldaguy wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:38 am I think the only effect is negative, some of my skirts are getting a bit too snug!
That is so true for many people. My only exercise these days with gym closed is walking to the grocery store or drug store every other day.

Try to cut on beer or other alcohol and ... yeah the couch. I wonder how the lockdown my affect cardiovascular disease worldwide this year.

Cheers,
Tes
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

When I go to work, I change into a skirt when I get there. I have been wearing a different one each day since I have been there alone. Yesterday I hit the 25th different skirt mark! I think ai have at least 5 more to go before starting the cycle again. I have way more skirts than pants and shorts! It’s quite a variety too, all different styles, lengths, and material. It’s really has made me jealous of women who are able to have such a variety of comfortable clothes to choose from on a daily basis. I have been resisting the urge to by more right now!

Update: I just counted, I have 18 more skirts to go! I didn't think I owned that many!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

photoguy207 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:25 pm Update: I just counted, I have 18 more skirts to go! I didn't think I owned that many!
I wonder just how many of us really know how many skirts we own......

I know my closet is full and I really do not know just how many are in there... :?: :rofl:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:32 pmI wonder just how many of us really know how many skirts we own......
Fifty-seven. How do I know so precisely? Because I just counted them. They're spread across two closets and at least two chairs, with some in better shape than others, and all acquired over the course of the past 18-odd years. Also four dresses.

Compare the above to one actually presentable pair of trousers.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:55 pm
Fred in Skirts wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:32 pmI wonder just how many of us really know how many skirts we own......
Fifty-seven. How do I know so precisely? Because I just counted them. They're spread across two closets and at least two chairs, with some in better shape than others, and all acquired over the course of the past 18-odd years. Also four dresses.
I am afraid to count mine as I would be counting for several hours... Mine are spread between two closets and the laundry room. I would also have to count dresses including the one I am wearing, which is a converted skirt that was way way to long. So now is an off the shoulder dress and is very comfortable. It is also reversible so should count as two.... :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

I have been wearing my black casual kilt a fair bit lately, often with tights as the weather is not too warm (10°C today with stiff breeze off the North Sea). Even went shopping in said gear with MOH who raised no objection.

I need to iron my charcoal denim cargo kilt for variety. Incidentally, I note that a buyer has been found for Union Kilts and sales will begin again in May :D

Having said all that, most days and some evenings are trousered as we are still working. Most of our congregation are elderly with o social media. This means producing printed service sheets so they can follow at home, perhaps around the usual time. We have a ladies group that usually meets on Tuesdays. Same applies there. And up to last week we were operating the same for our After School Club. Three printed packs, hand delivered each week. Phew! Kid's club now on Facebook, so videos instead.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I haven't posted in a while, March 14th was actually the last time I visited this site. I had problems with my cellphone, warranty work, need I say more.
Still alive and doing fine at the moment.

Not much to report, wearing skirts at home like always when the wife is out. I have had many opportunities to do some yard work, trim trees, etc and do some much needed de cluttering in the house and garage. I'm discovering we have way too much stuff. Amazing what a family of two can accumulate in 16 years.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Worn a different skirt every day all day since being furloughed. MOH hasn't really moaned but she probably more accepting than anything. I have over 100 skirts so plenty of scope yet.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Sinned wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:30 am Worn a different skirt every day all day since being furloughed. MOH hasn't really moaned but she probably more accepting than anything. I have over 100 skirts so plenty of scope yet.

Over a hundred: That is along lock-down Dennis, but not as long as you've been tethered-- let's hope for liberation on both fronts soon!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Sinned wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:30 am Worn a different skirt every day all day since being furloughed. MOH hasn't really moaned but she probably more accepting than anything. I have over 100 skirts so plenty of scope yet.
You may be able to let your MOH see you wearing each of your 100 skirts if we stay in lock down for another 100 days.

We have had two cases of virus infection in a local town which is a dormatory town for a Local Military Base ....Is this a case of a Chinese Nerve Gas project which has gone wrong ?

Perhaps I have been reading too many Novels by Lliam West who is a Cornish Author L.O.L
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I had a valid reason for sitting in my car yesterday watching the surf roll by....A passing police patrol did not pass comment on my
skirt wearing activity...
I feel we are going to have serious financial problems when we get out of this medical crisis.
The whole of a tourist area in lock down...The vehicle servicing industry in lock down ...no services in the local churches....
Organisations not using their sanitisation proceedures correctly.

One big advantage ....accounts cannot be settled with companies who are not trading.....