So easy to forget ones trousers!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: So easy to forget ones trousers!

Post by partlyscot »

Epiceneguy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:03 pm
Today I stopped off on the way home from work and went for a walk near a local river, it was such a beautiful day and my skirt felt the most natural thing in the world, a couple of guys out cycling passed me and we just nodded and said 'hi' it was such a lovely feeling (not sure if I'd met up with a gang of scallies the result would have been the same 😆)
It's hard to tell from those pictures, but I would imagine that for the cyclists in particular, it would be about 90% likely they saw you as wearing shorts. I have had two instances where a group of guys who I would likely have preferred to avoid suddenly saw the skirt, and reacted. In both cases my casual response seemed to lead to a startled, but accepting attitude.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

If you really want an invisible skirt, one that doesn't get noticed, go denim, a knee length denim skirt seems to be all but invisible.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Most of my skirts are denim, khaki, or camo. Of course I also have Tartan, but they are very noticeable. I have never had a negative response to wearing skirts. Most people don't notice at all, and the ones who do are very encouraging. Women go nuts about them. I get involved in conversations, receive a lot of compliments, admiring glances, etc.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:00 pm Other than that I keep an old pair of pants, tee shirt, socks and old shoes in the trunk of the car for emergencies, such as a break down, or any situation I may need some work clothes

I don't object to changing a tire in skirt, but some of my skirts are not up to the task (too frilly) and more rugged clothes are required. Having an emergency set of work clothes is a good practice regardless of social acceptance or gender.

If you were dressed normally and going to a wedding, funeral, job interview, etc and had a mechanical issue along the way, wouldn't it be handy to have some old rags to change into so you don't ruin your nice clothes?
I know the situation well. I had trouble getting good driveshaft CV boots and often had one fail when 100's kms from home and end up installing a new boot in a carpark ......... what a messy greasy job to do. I carried a pair of overalls for that situation and some hand cleaner and a roll of toilet paper. A few years ago I installed Chinese silicone boots and never had one fail since.

I have changed a wheel in a skirt in a public carpark: http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/downloa ... &mode=view
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I used to keep a spare set of overalls in the boot of my car just in case I was ever late for work, I'd just slip into them and claim that I'd been in work for ages and had just been out working 😆
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have stopped to help people who are stuck in the sand (common problem in the desert) while wearing a skirt. ). I have helped change tires and am amazed at how many people are not prepared. None have commented on my skirt while helping or rescuing them. People who raise their trucks and Jeeps are not able to lift their vehicles high enough to remove and replace a wheel. I have a high lift and a hydraulic floor jack and some pieces of plywood. I also have wheel chocks to keep the vehicle from rolling. A shovel is handy for digging a hole under the tire for clearance. A real shovel and not an E tool. I get a kick out of people who want to tell me how to rescue them.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:06 pmI have stopped to help people who are stuck in the sand (common problem in the desert) while wearing a skirt. ). I have helped change tires and am amazed at how many people are not prepared. None have commented on my skirt while helping or rescuing them.
Well, why would they? You're the one helping get them out of a situation caused by their own ignorance.
I get a kick out of people who want to tell me how to rescue them.
If I get tagged out that badly by virtue of my ill-preparedness, I'll happily accept any assistance offered, because on-odds the person offering entirely likely knows quite well what they're doing. I'll also try to learn from the experience, and if I've got the means on me offer to pay them something for their efforts in addition to a very hearty, "Thank you! Both for the help and the knowledge gained!"
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Very nice pics Epicene. The skirt looks like shorts, maybe that's what the people you come across think you are wearing. The river looks very clean, it must be a nice park to wander around.

Tes
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have never accepted any money from a person stuck in sand or rocks except one time. I was going down a road and saw a truck whose rear wheels were sunk to the axels. I easily pulled the truck out and the guy offered me $5.00. I told him I would not accept it but on that day I didn't have any money and was wondering what I was going to have for lunch.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I just recently forgot my trousers. Sort of.
I left the house the other day in one of my denim half skorts. To run several errands, before picking my wife up at work in several hours.
I lost track of time in the hardware store.( What man doesn't?) I realized my mistake. I didn't have trousers with me to change into, and didn't have Time to go home and change before having to pickup my wife.
Luckily I had a kilt stuffed in a tool box in the back from a recent trip.
I figured kilt would receive less backlash than the skort.
So I quickly changed in the car and then picked her up.
Luckily it was a non event this time.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.