So easy to forget ones trousers!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

So easy to forget ones trousers!

Post by Epiceneguy »

Please bare with me here, I'm posting from my phone and I'm a bit of a luddite!

So you guys are really being a bit of a bad influence on me, I see how at home you all seem to be in skirts and so I thought why not.
    I'm still not going around out in the scary big bad world skirted but as I'm out in the country side I'm wearing a skirt every day as soon as I get home (I'm one of the unlucky key worker types despite my efforts ๐Ÿ˜).
    Anyway I'm digressing a little here, I thought that I should leave the house and drive to work in one of my skirts (I've driven before skirted but never started the journey dressed comfortably).
    So I laid out my skirt and slip (a black one this time after the comments from a previous post over letting my white one show, lol) for the next day and I have to say it all felt so natural and good leaving the house in my skirt, it was only when I'd driven the car off the drive all self congratulatory that I realized that I had forgotten to put my work trousers in the car and had to swiftly reverse ๐Ÿฅบ!
    I have to confess that I changed back into my work pants in a quiet layby just before arriving at work ๐Ÿ™„

That said I'm regularly now driving to and from work in my skirt (with my trousers safely on the passenger seat ๐Ÿ˜„) I love being at work (not a phrase you hear from me often) knowing that my skirt and slip are in a bag in my locker just waiting for me to find a quiet layby on the way home,
    I'm pretty sure that the women who looks after the horses in the field opposite my house (did I mention that I live in the country side) has spotted me getting out of my car after work and I know for definite that a cyclist saw me outside my house.

So there you are, I'm an idiot, lol

[img]http://imgur.com/a/d7DRTfG/img]
    (Me holding my neglected work trousers ๐Ÿ˜)
    When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
    denimini
    Member Extraordinaire

Re: So easy to forget ones trousers!

Post by denimini »

Don't be too hard on yourself; Wait until you get to work and find that you did not bring pants :)
    Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
    pelmut
    Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Epiceneguy wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:03 pm ... I realized that I had forgotten to put my work trousers in the car and had to swiftly reverse !
    I once arrived at a canal work site before discovering that I had forgotten to bring trousers.ย ย We weren't doing any bonfiring that day, so there was no safety issue with wearing a skirt and I just got on with the job.ย ย As long as I kept shovelling materials into the mixer and carrying bucketloads of muck to the masonry team, nobody cared what I was wearing.

That was by far my most comfortable day on the worksite.
    There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
    Epiceneguy
    Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

Nice one Pelmut,
    Wish I was that brave but on top of that I'm a aircraft engineer on helicopters so I may have ended up showing off more than my skirt :lol:

A couple of additional points, I've been doing this now for 5 days (loving every journey and growing in confidence), after reading other posts on here I've taken to wearing some tights too so as well as my trousers I also have to remember a pair of socks ๐Ÿ˜‚.
    On the learning curve side of things I have recently been wearing a half slip as my skirts have been the Ra Ra type but today I went for a full slip and learnt how difficult it is to change out of these in quiet lay-bys, so won't be doing that again. Everyday's a schoolday :lol:

So paranoid about that now denimini, I check about four or five times every journey in lol.
    partlyscot
    Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

denimini wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:28 am Don't be too hard on yourself; Wait until you get to work and find that you did not bring pants :)
    It was the time that I forgot my skirt that got me. It was so cold, I wore snow pants for the commute. When I got to work, I realized I hadn't packed my skirt. Had to buy the cheapest skirt we had available that would go with my other stuff. Wearing the snow pants indoors would have reduced me to a sweating puddle. Plus point, the skirt was much cheaper than the cheapest pants would have been.
    partlyscot
    Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Another time, I decided at the last minute to put on a slip for extra warmth, instead of snow pants. On leaving the house, I was walking to the bus stop, and still felt cold under my long down coat. It took me about a block and a half to realize I hadn't put the skirt back on after donning the slip!
    photoguy207
    Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I have done the change to a skirt from pants and back in a car many times. I even did it a few times with tights and decided never again!
    Epiceneguy
    Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

To be honest I found the tights not too bad ( I wish I'd worn some this morning, it was more than a little chilly till the heater kicked in, lol) to change into in the car, the biggest issue I had was with the full slip I chose that day, it was really comfortable to wear but impractical getting changed in the car, a half slip is much more achievable with dignity ๐Ÿ˜
    denimini
    Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

partlyscot wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:42 pm Another time, I decided at the last minute to put on a slip for extra warmth, instead of snow pants. On leaving the house, I was walking to the bus stop, and still felt cold under my long down coat. It took me about a block and a half to realize I hadn't put the skirt back on after donning the slip!
    That is really forgetting your skirt. I think it would be easier to forget to put on one's skirt than trousers as a lightweight short skirt often feels like you are wearing nothing anyway.
    Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
    moonshadow
    Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I've come to the point where a day is either "a skirt day" or "a pants day", meaning I hardly ever change mid day. The only exception being if I'm cutting grass after work, then I'd slip off my work pants and into a skirt as mowing grass is more bearable on a hot day, in a skirt

Other than that I keep an old pair of pants, tee shirt, socks and old shoes in the trunk of the car for emergencies, such as a break down, or any situation I may need some work clothes

I don't object to changing a tire in skirt, but some of my skirts are not up to the task (too frilly) and more rugged clothes are required. Having an emergency set of work clothes is a good practice regardless of social acceptance or gender.

If you were dressed normally and going to a wedding, funeral, job interview, etc and had a mechanical issue along the way, wouldn't it be handy to have some old rags to change into so you don't ruin your nice clothes?
    -Andrea
    The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
    Epiceneguy
    Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

So I've been going to work every day for over a week now wearing my skirts and it's felt great every day and really doesn't get boring at all (I know you guys do this regularly but it's all building up my confidence), unfortunately I'm still getting changed just before getting to work.
    Today I stopped off on the way home from work and went for a walk near a local river, it was such a beautiful day and my skirt felt the most natural thing in the world, a couple of guys out cycling passed me and we just nodded and said 'hi' it was such a lovely feeling (not sure if I'd met up with a gang of scallies the result would have been the same ๐Ÿ˜†)

Hopefully the links below to a couple of pics will work, I'm on my mobile and a luddite ๐Ÿ˜

[http://imgur.com/a/7OsFNMu]

[http://imgur.com/a/0W58qGk]
    Big and Bashful
    Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Looking good, I like the yellow tartan!
    I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
    trainspotter48
    Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

That looks remarkably like the Cornish National Tartan. Is that a clue to your location?
    Epiceneguy
    Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

trainspotter48 wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:22 pm That looks remarkably like the Cornish National Tartan. Is that a clue to your location?
    About 650 miles out Trainspotter48 ๐Ÿ˜
    Epiceneguy
    Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

Big and Bashful wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:25 pm Looking good, I like the yellow tartan!
    Thanks, it's just a cheap skirt from Primmark, the material is quite lightweight but I think from a little distance it passes as a bit of a kilt, so it does give me a little confidence to walk around deserted riverbanks, lol.