Encounters of the silly kind

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Encounters of the silly kind

Post by denimini »

Not that obscure, a lot of us have McDenim in our "jeans". :roll:
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Around noon the mother of a friend of my wife asked me to bring her to the grocery store. That friend has a serious lung problem and is on oxygen. Their grocery is the same as ours so within not even 24 hours in between I was at the register again. The weather was even nicer than yesterday so I was skirted again but in a different skirt, more a pencil style. The girl who helped me yesterday was at the next register and when she spotted me, she waved a finger like she was adminishing a child. With a smile she said she found I was joking. The friends mother had no idea what was going on so I had to explain it to her. Her only comment:"That is typically you."
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

McDenim clan

I like it. Almost worth having a kilt with all of the elements custom made, except in denim just for the fun of provoking the opportunity! :D
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

Faldaguy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:47 pm
McDenim clan

I like it. Almost worth having a kilt with all of the elements custom made, except in denim just for the fun of provoking the opportunity! :D
I started my adventure with skirts in 2013. First in secret but after a lucky stroke, in 2014 my wife asked how kilts would fit me after the movie Braveheart, I bought a UTkilt. After that I made a few kilts myself. One of those kilts was in denim so more or less I started the McDenim clan.
P1010066q.jpg
First I went out in kilts and later switched to skirts, also home made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

Yesterday, I went to the beach. From the parking lot to the beach and on return to the parking lot again, I wore my new skirt with the side slits. Close to the parking a family came down a sandy side trail, some 50 yards behind me. I could hear them talking but it was too far to understand their words. But the sound was very familiar, not English or Spanish. A boy of around 8 was ahead of the group and suddenly he yelled back to the group:" Ma, die man draagt een rok." It was said in the Belgian version of Dutch (Flemish) and it came down to "Ma, that man is wearing a skirt." I stopped, turned around and said in Dutch:"That is right. How do you like that?" The family was apparently so used to the fact that nobody could understand Dutch, they were not restricting themselve to comment in a muffled way. They froze in their tracks and the mother said with a red head that the boy was meaning no harm. I told them I had no problems with that and the boy felt to be justified to say that only girls are wearing skirts. I told him that a very long time ago men and women were in skirts because that was then normal.

It appeared the Belgian family was visiting a relative in hospital with the virus. They had planned a vacation to the States for a long time and they came even under the virus scare to visit their family before it might be too late. I told them how I came to the US and then we parted and drove of.

It was a strange coming together and for some reason it felt like my Dutch genes were boiling over and I talked more than I usually do.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

What a wonderful story, Wim. And it sound like it concluded on a fairly happy note. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm glad you get a chance to use your mother tongue in this sometimes very strange land.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

When I was discharged last Thursday, I had to change from the hospital gown into my street clothes. An older nurse, 50+ I thougth, was there to assist me if needed.

First I pulled my thong on, still on the bed. The nurse looked a little surprised. Next came my shirt. I had to pin the bag of the drain to it.

I turned to the edge of th bed to pull up my skirt. I had some trouble to get my legs in. The nurse stepped in.

- First your left leg in the left pipe.
I got my leg in and pulled the skirt up to my knees.
- Now the other leg in the other pipe.
My right went in.
- No, you have two legs in the same pipe.
She held the skirt up and tried to get my right leg back in the other pipe, only to find out there was no other pipe.
- What is the use of shorts with only one pipe. I have never seen such a thing.
In the mean time I was standing, pulling up and tighten my belt. With my shoes on I could make a step forward. The nurse was still in unbelief. I told her that it was also known as a skirt. Shaking her head she went away to arrange for my transport to the main entrance.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

That is certainly an encounter of the silly kind. Fancy the shorts manufacturer forgetting to put in an inseam :)
I suppose that there are some skirts that women wear that have an inseam sewn in by mistake and people mistake them as shorts.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Now that there brought a big belly laugh.
Trying to get you to your legs into 2 pipes when it was clear there was only one!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

I don't know what to say! :rofl:
Maybe: try with a short next time?