Hair on legs

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hiddenheels

Hair on legs

Post by hiddenheels »

Hello...

Another topic that I wish to ask for advice on... I have some hair on my legs, not a huge, but visible under beige pantyhose. I can't shave my legs, it's just not something that would work with my wife.

At the same time, I also prefer wearing pantyhose with mini-skirts, but am not sure how to hide the hairs. Thus far I have managed to buy one opaque pair of pantyhose (thin leggings?) that I put on, and on top of that I put on regular pantyhose. The look works really well, and it looks like I shaved. It does really look nice. However, not sure if that would work in the summer, or if I will just melt.

What do you guys do?
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hair on legs

Post by Ray »

I shave. Have done for 22 years. When I met my wife, I didn’t draw attention to it. It was a minor issue. I wear sheer hosiery quite often so the look works for me.

Frankly, if your other half is okay with you wearing heels, I don’t see how shaving legs will cause much problem. If necessary, buy a bike, ride it a lot, and use that fact as an excuse to shave. Even better - just do it! No asking for permission. Just do it.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I used to get my legs waxed, and then I had IPL/VPL so I am permanently bare on full leg and bikini line.

sheer hosiery will 'wear better' with smooth legs because it slips on without any snags and won't catch or grip to stubble etc especially on your knee area.

I've found women like snooth legs too !!

cheers
NZF
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

My legs are quite hairy. Before I wore skirts I wore old-fashioned shorts, which are now considered short shorts. Therefore I'm used to my hairy legs being visible. When it gets hot I'll always go with bare legs and let people appreciate how hairy they are. I would be very uncomfortable with them covered.

Shortly after we married I was able to convince my wife to stop shaving her legs, but haven't been able to convince her that natural armpits are best yet. She doesn't hide her leg hair either.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

it would seem that your wife is ok with your skirts so I wouldn't push it .I would try to find a way to casually bring up the subject

something along the lines of I know it is a little odd for me to wear skirts but it is even odder if I do it with hairy legs
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

I think that elsewhere on this site, someone suggested that shaving leg hair would make tights/pantyhose stay put better. Not sure that's any help but maybe a good reason to allow wearing them.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

My primeval leg forest inherited from my Neanderthal forebears will remain undisturbed until I depart this life. The fashion industry is well up to the task of covering this up in any colour I like and that is precisely what I do in the colder skirted months.

Come what passes for Summer here I leave 'em bare for all to see as I adore both short shorts and minis and it doesn't look like I'll be traveling to anywhere hot this year.

Tom
Last edited by Kirbstone on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
FestivalGuy

Post by FestivalGuy »

Ive been shaving legs for just over a year. Not really for the Skirt wearing but it started with an injury and tape. Since then it was a 2-3x weekly exercise. advantages for me is they are easier to clean yard dirt from and both wife and i like them smooth. since christmas I have epilated weekly and now a weekly epilate and a shave the next day are my best results. been doing alot of weight lifting too and my leg definition really shows. I get lots of great comments at the gym from the ladies i know that they envy my legs. LOL>
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I have shaved/used removal cream in the past and the feeling is great to be honest(it does take me ages and end up blocking up the bath, I'm designed for the cold north, lol) but partly due to laziness and partly due to one of my legs having a little muscle wastage (not too bad but enough for me to be a little paranoid, I have Drop-foot) I tend to let my leg forest grow and I still think it looks okay.
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

I wish someone had warned me to shave my legs when I sprained my ankle and the physio strapped it with adhesive bandage.
When he yanked it off some days later the resulting tearing noise was quite impressive. He had the cheek to comment “Ooh! I felt that!”
My reply “So did I!”
:roll:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I don't shave my legs. I reason that if I don't shave to wear shorts then why should I shave to wear a skirt.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I shave my legs when needed. My leg hair is sparse as I grow older it keeps getting more sparse. So I shave to give my legs a more even look. It is easily done in the shower and it only takes a few minutes to do. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hiddenheels

Post by hiddenheels »

Thanks for the feedback. When I have some time alone at home, I'll see how I look in skirts with hairy legs. Family doesn't know, which is something I am hoping to talk about with my wife, but still haven't figured out what I want, so I don't know what to tell her. So when I have a chance, I'll experiment a bit at home... Good to know that shaving is not essential.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Leg hair only really becomes an issue if it's really dark. My leg hair is quite fair so not really noticeable even under sheer material. Thickish tights would do to cover the hairy legs. There are no rules for us guys. The gals mostly seem to prefer to shave but we are free to make our own decisions. Here on the site some shave religiously, some occasionally and some, like me, not at all. I just don't worry about it but you'll have to come to your own decision as to what is comfortable for you.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.