Equality - IWD -- as it relates to this site

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Equality - IWD -- as it relates to this site

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:36 pm Damn! $186 per month for basic membership??

Not that I could join (have the wrong plumbing) nor would I really want to regardless... but damn!

Whatever floats der boat I guess...

As for equality... good luck. I couldn't care less at this point.

Everybody wants to be treated fairly, nobody wants to play fair. That's the world... that's humanity... always been that way, always will be.
YES!! that is exactly what I am talking about! Thank you Moon.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Freedomforall wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:13 am This is a direct quote from their site.

"FOUNDING MOTHERS
The women’s club movement was formed in the 19th and early 20th century by pioneering women who provided each other with encouraging community at a time when they needed it most. "
They formed in 2016! The rest is just marketing. Yes there were women's clubs as far back as 1868... this has nothing to do with them. They are simply leading you to infer that they are connected. They are supposedly inspired by them.

From the limited reading I've done it appears that the founders of the wing are using the idea of a "feminist workspace" to exploite women.
Audrey Gelman, aged 32, has an "Estimated Net Worth in 2020" of "$22 Million"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wing_(workspace)
https://celebstrendingnow.com/audrey-gelman-net-worth/
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

SkirtsDad wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:46 pm
Freedomforall wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:13 am This is a direct quote from their site.

"FOUNDING MOTHERS
The women’s club movement was formed in the 19th and early 20th century by pioneering women who provided each other with encouraging community at a time when they needed it most. "
They formed in 2016! The rest is just marketing. Yes there were women's clubs as far back as 1868... this has nothing to do with them. They are simply leading you to infer that they are connected. They are supposedly inspired by them.

From the limited reading I've done it appears that the founders of the wing are using the idea of a "feminist workspace" to exploite women.
Audrey Gelman, aged 32, has an "Estimated Net Worth in 2020" of "$22 Million"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wing_(workspace)
https://celebstrendingnow.com/audrey-gelman-net-worth/
Thanks. The exploiting part was my whole point to begin with.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

So is this like the "good old girls club" (sort of like the "good old boys club") where only the wealthy can play?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:36 am So is this like the "good old girls club" (sort of like the "good old boys club") where only the wealthy can play?
I think so! "Violet dear, can you pour us another vessel of lemonade please?"
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Freedomforall wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:07 am
moonshadow wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:36 am So is this like the "good old girls club" (sort of like the "good old boys club") where only the wealthy can play?
I think so! "Violet dear, can you pour us another vessel of lemonade please?"
Heh-heh-heh 8)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.