Member names

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Member names

Post by pelmut »

I looked for existing names with connections to skirts but couldn't find any.  Then I looked at alternative names for skirts and realised that the humourous description for an excessively short skirt was a 'pelmet' - and this could be combined with the German name 'Helmut' to give 'Pelmut'.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

pelmut wrote:I looked for existing names with connections to skirts but couldn't find any.  Then I looked at alternative names for skirts and realised that the humourous description for an excessively short skirt was a 'pelmet' - and this could be combined with the German name 'Helmut' to give 'Pelmut'.
Ah, I suspected the pelmet connection, very good :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

john62 wrote:Well it is obvious I have little creativity compared to other members, the name is my name plus birth yr. Next time round I will have to try harder.

John
I must have less creativity. My member name is just my name everyone calls me.
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

My member name is my real name. I just wear skirts when the mood strikes and have nothing to hide about it.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Mine was created when, to get family tolerance of my skirting, I had to wear 9-yard wool kilts. It did mean that I accidentally took kingfish's old username from the original Tom's Café bulletin board, but, oh well. Now, it's not as accurate, as I'm pretty much able to wear any skirted garment and haven't worn a wool kilt in 8 years. Don't really care for the excess baggage that wearing one entails.
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I think the most appropriate name is/was "Nevermore". First post March 2017 and nothing after.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:59 am I think the most appropriate name is/was "Nevermore". First post March 2017 and nothing after.

Someone should create an account and call it "onepost" post one time, then walk away... :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:41 pm
denimini wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:59 am I think the most appropriate name is/was "Nevermore". First post March 2017 and nothing after.

Someone should create an account and call it "onepost" post one time, then walk away... :lol:
I had the same impression as noted in an earlier post. The origional post was called "Old Men ?" At some time the title and the text felt like the action of an devious boy that did the thing as portrayed in crfriends avatar.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Been New2skirts for quite a few months now :D formerly kilty
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Only on two forums do I use my name r.m.anderson - first/middle name initials

SkirtCafe
Brotherhood of the Kilt

The rest I use pseudonym abbreviated convoluted mix-match hyphenated something else to conceal my identity.
To the administrator of a forum the real identity is known to a degree with location and other specifics.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I believe people should be free to be themselves and free from anything that enslaves them.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Mine was my mother's doing.

It was the nickname she gave me as a little one and I've been using it as such ever since.

Its more likely to have a connection to the old Amos & Andy radio show than any relationship to my real name, John Nelson.
(She did grow up in the '30s-'40s when that show aired)
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Our district and village is so small that visitors can usually just ask where to find someone by name; being about the only man around in a skirt (falda in Spanish) solves the finding problem -- "just look for the guy in a skirt". However, 'guy' in local lingo might more oft come out 'chico' and for an English speaking site, this might have had feminine associations despite the gender clue...so the mix, falda guy.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Self explanatory. I wear skirts WAY more than kilts...
--Rick