men in business skirt

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: men in business skirt

Post by Ray »

The skirt is a little short to be professionally presentable (in my view) but the ensemble works well.

Ray
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I agree that the skirt is a little short. But I am going to be 75 next month and I am having a ball running around in a mini skirt
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

oldsalt1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:22 pm I agree that the skirt is a little short. But I am going to be 75 next month and I am having a ball running around in a mini skirt
While I wouldn't wear a skirt that short (each to their own), I think a shorter length jacket would work better with the skirt length.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

oldsalt1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:52 pm How about a skirt suit went to visit some clients Saturday to pick up papers for tax work . They have seen me in skirts before so it wasn't much of a shock . But I figured a suit would be niceScan_20200315 (5).jpg
nice look - well done!
I don't think your skirt is too short - I wear finger tip length a lot - and even for wrok its not uncommon for skirts suits to hit mid thigh as well as just above knee hemlines.
Nice to see sheer hosiery - I think it is a polished look.
Jacket length - if I was to be picky I think you could also go for a shorter length jacket if you wished.

cheers
NZF
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Dan, I think that if your jacket was a little shorter, you'd wouldn't have had so many people saying the skirt was too short. An inch or two longer would be better, IMO, but it's OK where it is.

I see quite a few skirts that length at work. Mostly on women under 40, but also on one who is (I think) over 55. We have no 75-year olds to compare you with, sorry.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

just saying...
IMG_127311.jpg
IMG_127471.jpg
IMG_2813.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Mark as in Mark wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:07 am just saying...

IMG_127311.jpg

IMG_127471.jpg

IMG_2813.JPG
That you are still alive and kicking... :D
Good to see you around again. Great outfits!
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

As usual, great look! I love the color coordination with the tie and shoes. Well thought out.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Smart X3, Mark. Those skyscraper heels must have taken a lot of practice to manage. Strange to be standing on a railway platform....Dressed like that I'd expect a purring Bentley with the rear-hinged back passenger door open.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

Mark. I also like the way you coordinated the tie and pumps.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:30 am A teilored waistline is important if you want your skirt silhouette to appear neater.
Its quite hard to neatly tuck in a big loose garment into a skirt waistband, so the waist is the most important part I think, baggyness is best eliminated in my opinion.

Other unique styles not in menswear:
Some tops in womenswear are designed to be worn out such as peplums - and they flare out neatly over your skirt waist... again they're designed to do that unlike mens hems on tops etc which usually are not designed for that application.

I'll shut up now
Cheers
NZF
The thing about mens tops is that they aren't intended to be worn with a skirt. They aren't designed with skirts in mind, or to look good with a skirt.

Generally, mens shirts are supposed to be tucked into trousers. Some shirts are an exception, these may be tucked in but may also be worn outside the waistband-these shirts are flat at the bottom instead of having tails. I like to wear such shirts during the hottest weather.

I think these flat bottom shirts can work with some skirts, though in appearance they lead to an informal look.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Kirbstone wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:34 pm Smart X3, Mark. Those skyscraper heels must have taken a lot of practice to manage. Strange to be standing on a railway platform....Dressed like that I'd expect a purring Bentley with the rear-hinged back passenger door open.

Tom
:D
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

Kirbstone wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:34 pm Smart X3, Mark. Those skyscraper heels must have taken a lot of practice to manage. Strange to be standing on a railway platform....Dressed like that I'd expect a purring Bentley with the rear-hinged back passenger door open.

Tom
Hi Tom! My driver called in sick! 🤣🤣🤣
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Mark as in Mark wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:57 am

Tom
Hi Tom! My driver called in sick! 🤣🤣🤣
Which would mean a Rolls instead of a Bentley.