What will you wear on St. Patrick's Day?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I will wear a green plaid skirt/kilt (It's a skirt that looks like a kilt for all of the purists out there). I have a meeting that morning.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What will you wear on St. Patrick's Day?

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I will be wearing the green for sure but I will not be going anywhere this year as they have canceled all of the big todo's. :( I do not want to become sick with this stuff :alien: since I am 77 years young I wish to get more years added to my birthday calender..

I like to go to Savannah Georgia for their big giant St Patrick's day celebration. But due to the Virus everythings been canceled not only there but also in Augusta Georgia and in Aiken SC. So it will be a quiet day around the house just listening to Irish pipe bands as well as some old Irish folk music.

I will be wearing a forest green top along with a dark green calf length skirt and green un-mentionables. So green from the skin out!! :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Erm, nothing much. It’s not relevant to me. Probably shorts. I’m in South Africa...
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I would need to look up when St Patrick's day was, same as any other day probably, I don't generally think about Saints, or anything else linked to paying homage to Deities.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Green dress, green hat and green pumps.
All green for me!

cheers
NZF
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I'll probably wear my green tiered skirt for the day -- a Tuesday, and hence a work-day. I'll try sticking my nose into my local for my afternoon repast unless they're going to close for the day due to worries about overcrowding (it's Irish-themed, like much in these here parts), in which case I'll head a few doors east and pick up some good Greek pizza.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

One of my green dresses. Which one will probably depend on whether or not I'm back at work.

And the weather. The weather report says it will be snowing here in Portland all weekend, but top out at 60 on Tuesday!

Welcome to Portland, at least since Global Warming took hold.

Sorry, that can't be the cause, everyone knows that Trump has assured us that Global Warming is just another one of those Democratic hoaxes like the Coronavirus.

To all of our overseas friends PLEASE remember that most of the US citizens who bothered to vote, voted against him.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Green's not my colour and I don't think I even have a green skirt so just system normal I suppose. Not discovered any Irish in my ancestry either.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

A suit for work, but apart from that I have no idea. Whatever takes my fancy when I get home.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

A skirt or dress, colour of my own choosing.
I rather suspect that the wearing of the green is perhaps more predominant in other countries than it is even in Ireland itself?
Steve.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

crfriend wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:23 am (it's Irish-themed, like much in these here parts)
I've always said of bars in the US that claim to be Irish, all it really means is that they sell Guinness :mrgreen:
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

skirtyscot wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:35 am A suit for work, but apart from that I have no idea. Whatever takes my fancy when I get home.
If you HAVE to wear a suit, then include a GREEN TIE to carry the theme :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

FranTastic444 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:53 pmI've always said of bars in the US that claim to be Irish, all it really means is that they sell Guinness :mrgreen:
I absolutely refuse to patronise those that fail to have the elixir of the gods on tap. Nothing else will do. :twisted:

My "northern haunt" doesn't have it on tap -- in spite of me routinely haranguing the proprietor (who has been a pal of mine since the early '90s) about the oversight. He does, however, stock the place with tinned "Guinness Draught" (which is a nice simulacrum of the genuine article) and as it turns out I am not the sole consumer. He may learn yet. (I forgive him. He's of Sicilian descent.) However, all in all, it's a "Bud Light" bar; it's the weekend daytime cast of characters that keeps me going up there. Workmen, lawyers, psychologists, philosophers, mechanics, engineers, &c. That makes for good company on weekend afternoons -- better than sitting glued to the boob-tube or the computer. This is one of the few bars where nothing is off-limits because the denizens know how to behave.

However, I need to get back into "geek mode" and do the database-upgrade at home that's needed doing for some time...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I knew I had a pic of last year...

Will do similar this year.

cheers
NZF
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

At Christmas our store had their annual party in a hotel near the centre of York and I ordered my first drink of a pint of the black stuff. There was a tap with the "Ice cold Guiness" so was expecting a draught only to be disappointed when the barman reached into the chiller for a can. I stopped him and ordered a craft beer instead. I do have standards!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.