Leather skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
steamman

Leather skirts

Post by steamman »

Anybody here like wearing leather skirts? I wore my gorgeous leather skirt from M&S shopping today, combined with sky high stiletto boots. It was a "man in black" look, but I think it worked quite well. It's an unusual skirt in that it has 2 front cargo pockets and 2 side pockets, but it makes it all the more versatile. Very soft leather, and A line, so it is an absolute joy to wear.
sk - 12.jpg
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Leather skirts

Post by Gusto10 »

A man wearing such is even more an eyecatcher than normal. But yes, leather skirts are grand.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Must admit I prefer faux-leather; looks like the real thing (mostly) and cheaper, not to mention an animal hasn't been slaughtered. But yes, (faux) leather is a "masculine" look, a bit like denim, so men in those types of skirts fit naturally. Also good with black fishnets and boots, waistcoat etc.

Can't go wrong really!!
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I have a nice leather skirt and two faux leather look skirts. I only wear them when going out with friends for dinner or drinks.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

howardfh wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:41 pm Must admit I prefer faux-leather; looks like the real thing (mostly) and cheaper, not to mention an animal hasn't been slaughtered. But yes, (faux) leather is a "masculine" look, a bit like denim, so men in those types of skirts fit naturally. Also good with black fishnets and boots, waistcoat etc.

Can't go wrong really!!
What do you mean an animal hasn't been slaughtered just because you didn't buy a skirt? Of course it has, then other folk ate the rest or turned it into shoes! Somewhat akin to not eating a steak because it is cruel, then setting it free, erm, to be a free steak returned to the wild. Nice concept but doomed to failure!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

steamman wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:56 pm Anybody here like wearing leather skirts? I wore my gorgeous leather skirt from M&S shopping today, combined with sky high stiletto boots. It was a "man in black" look, but I think it worked quite well. It's an unusual skirt in that it has 2 front cargo pockets and 2 side pockets, but it makes it all the more versatile. Very soft leather, and A line, so it is an absolute joy to wear.

sk - 12.jpg
Nice look! Leather is classical and just lasts so well.

Your heels are nice - I wear heels all the time but I keep away from platforms - I enjoy a heel but I prefer my toes on the ground so to speak regardless of how high up my heels are.

I wear a lot of leather skirts, mine are mini skirts or mid-thigh, fitted skirts mostly but I have 2 a lines.
I have leather skirts in black, pink, red and nude(skin tone).
I have a leather mini dress in black too.

I find that a leather skirt is incredibly versatile - from casual to dressy.
I often get compliments on my leather skirts and always on my leather dress when I wear it.

cheers
NZF
steamman

Post by steamman »

Thanks for the compliment, I really enjoyed wearing the whole outfit: it’s Interesting regarding your comments on platforms. I prefer wearing platforms as it’s an easy way to wear a much higher heel but still being relatively comfortable to walk on! The heels I wore today with the skirt were nearly 7 inches but with the platform were effectively around 4.5 inch. The only thing I felt was missing was that the heel tips on my boots were plastic. I am toying with getting metal tips as I do love the click of stilettos , but my only concern is that they might become less stable to wear.

It’s a funny old world, it’s taken me until my mid 40s to finally dress the way I want to and without the inhibitions to freely do it. When I wear a lovely skirt and heels I feel like I am being “me”. A lot of the time I can’t be bothered and I’ll wear traditional male clothes, but there are days like today when I wake up and decide I must wear a pretty skirt and the highest heels I own! The whole conversation around gender fluidity makes complete sense and It’s taken that for me to make sense of who I truly am. And it’s wonderful.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I can wear the highest heels out there - cause I have been wearing heels for so long - and I wear heels all the time pretty much - I prefer to avoid platforms because I like my shoe to have no weight - which is the lovely thing about a pump/sandal or a mule - they have no weight yet they have that high heel. I prefer a stiletto heel because they're no harder to wear and are lighter than chunky heels too.

I wear metal tips all the time - they are a little slippier on malls and marble/terrazo, polished concrete/glass floors. But then you get used to that anyway so its no big deal. I find that my stilettos are quieter than my chunky heels - especially in the evening after dinner out etc and I am walking when there is less city noise - my chunky heels are noisier than the finer clattery sound of a stiletto.

I am a EU 40-41 (mostly 40 in my higher heels) and I routinely wear 4+ inches. I go to 5 inches for fun - and my highest heels I can wear all day are 130mm

other stuff is just ridiculously high for my foot size and I am arched back beyond vertical on my feet!!!
you have some pretty high heels at 7 inches!

cheers
NZF
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Back in my crossdressing days I had a black leather mini that I had taken in so it fit me perfectly. I loved it! It felt like a leather glove for my butt!

Then I let my girlfriend (who later became my 2nd wife and ex-) wear it because we could wear each other's clothes. Just that one wearing was enough for her to stretch the leather just enough that I lost that skin-tight feel. Ah love!

I now have another leather mini that I occasionally wear to parties, but real leather is unGodly expensive and … I've been spoiled; pleather and the other synthetics just doesn't look or feel the same.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
steamman

Post by steamman »

There is nothing like wearing real leather and it is an experience every time you slip into it! Faux leather just doesn’t do it for me hence I won’t buy it. Like most things you buy, you get what you pay for and although real leather is expensive, it’s worth it. That said, I bought the skirt I was wearing on eBay and got it for over half what it cost new.
steamman

Post by steamman »

nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:52 pm I can wear the highest heels out there - cause I have been wearing heels for so long - and I wear heels all the time pretty much - I prefer to avoid platforms because I like my shoe to have no weight - which is the lovely thing about a pump/sandal or a mule - they have no weight yet they have that high heel. I prefer a stiletto heel because they're no harder to wear and are lighter than chunky heels too.

I wear metal tips all the time - they are a little slippier on malls and marble/terrazo, polished concrete/glass floors. But then you get used to that anyway so its no big deal. I find that my stilettos are quieter than my chunky heels - especially in the evening after dinner out etc and I am walking when there is less city noise - my chunky heels are noisier than the finer clattery sound of a stiletto.

I am a EU 40-41 (mostly 40 in my higher heels) and I routinely wear 4+ inches. I go to 5 inches for fun - and my highest heels I can wear all day are 130mm

other stuff is just ridiculously high for my foot size and I am arched back beyond vertical on my feet!!!
you have some pretty high heels at 7 inches!

cheers
NZF

You are very lucky to have feet that are small enough for standard ladies sizes! I wear a EU 42 and sometimes I have to wear a 43 depending on fit. I struggled for years to find suitable heels in my size but thankfully they are becoming much more widely available. I don’t really want to wear anything lower than 5 inches, as I figure that since I am “breaking the rules” anyway I might as well go all the way. The look and feel of very high heels is just gorgeous. Thanks for your observations on metal tips, I think I’ll get my stilettos converted! The clicking is part of the experience.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

steamman wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:03 am The clicking is part of the experience.
yes it is and its part of the power of wearing heels.
steamman wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:03 am You are very lucky to have feet that are small enough for standard ladies sizes!
Yes in that regard I am lucky but I also have a narrow foot so it suits high heels and pointed toes easily. Almost everyone finds the Pigalle Follies toe (- which is arguably the pointiest and especially the shortest toe in a shoe) very painful to wear for any extended period of time- yet my feet don't give me any trouble in those styles of pumps.

cheers
NZF
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

steamman wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:58 am There is nothing like wearing real leather and it is an experience every time you slip into it!
so true. I have a minidress in particular that I just feel so good in (albeit I also feel a little exposed) but by far I feel empowered and good about myself in that dress. I get soo many compliments and attention wearing it.

And lather skirts or dresses also do stretch to your shape a little so you do get a great fit.

cheers
NZF