Naysayers....

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
crfriend
Master Barista

Naysayers....

Post by crfriend »

I've been delving into the depths of my vinyl collection and have recently encountered once again the Alan Parson's Project album Ammonia Avenue, and especially the eponymous track thereupon engraved for all time. This is worth a listen, if only for that track.

Classic and powerful snippets:

And those who came at first to scoff remained behind to pray. That, alone speaks volumes to what we can do as individuals if we have the guts to stand up for ourselves.

Beyond that,

When we can't hear the rhyme and we can't see the reason // then why should the hope remain //
For the man will be tired // and the soul will grow weary // living his life in vain.
And who are we // to justify // the right in all we do?

I would posit all of us, if we have purpose in life.

Find the purpose, and live that life!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Naysayers....

Post by Ray »

Wise words- and a great album. I have all of APP’s albums.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

eye in the sky wouldn't want to be like you many more
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

We get lied to every day of our lives. It's our responsibility to know when. The unscrupulous are grand-masters at the art of deception; the wise know how to spot them. Unfortunately, speaking truth to power is usually dangerous, so nobody does it. And thus the circle closes. So we accept the lies, the cheating, and the stealing because we have guns pointed at our heads that will shoot if we dare to speak truth to power in any way that could actually change the system. Such is power.

What a wonderful world.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!