Anthropologie

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Anthropologie

Post by Coder »

I have this skirt bookmarked for when/if it ever goes on sale:

https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/aubr ... lity-skirt

About a week ago it featured an asian model - yesterday or the day before it got swapped out for an American. I’m not sure if they periodically change the models (based on following their products, I will say NO), but I find it curious. My take on it is - it wasn’t the model causing low sales (what with the COVID-19 originating from Asia), but the ridiculous price and apparent size issues.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Anthropologie

Post by Shilo »

Looks like one I bought on eBay for £3.50. Granted mine was used
:roll:
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Shilo wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:08 pm Looks like one I bought on eBay for £3.50. Granted mine was used
That’s my primary market for anthro-related-brands. Usually barely used, and cheap enough that the risk of a wrong size is mitigated. Plus, you can often get real measurements from the seller.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Coder wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:40 pm
Shilo wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:08 pm Looks like one I bought on eBay for £3.50. Granted mine was used
That’s my primary market for anthro-related-brands. Usually barely used, and cheap enough that the risk of a wrong size is mitigated. Plus, you can often get real measurements from the seller.
How true! I have skirts in UK sizes 14 to 18 One size 14 is a bit big while the 18 fits just fine it’s a wise seller that puts the actual measurements in the Ad
:roll:
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I really like the color and texture. I might try and find one on Ebay myself.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Freedomforall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:21 pm I really like the color and texture. I might try and find one on Ebay myself.
That’s a predominant theme in many of my skirts (and sweaters). And oddly enough, pretty much everything I make usually has some intentional texture/contrast.