Skirts with elastic waist, pockets, stealthy design

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Skirts with elastic waist, pockets, stealthy design

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I was looking at an online ad from Kohl's and decided to see what they had in skirts. I found a camouflage mini skirt with elastic waist band, draw strings, and lots of pockets. The style is straight so it resembles shorts and is above the knees.

They offer a second one at half price and shipping is free for purchases over $100.

I bought two skirts and some other stuff and they are comfortable. They were skorts and I removed the inner shorts for freedom and ventilation and also "slip shorts" which allows the options of a very light weight inner shorts or not.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts with elastic waist, pockets, stealthy design

Post by Shilo »

I have trouble with elastic waists whether skirts or pants. If I put much stuff away n the pockets, keys, phone, change, etc. they have a tendency to fall down. I suppose I could wear braces (suspenders) but that’s a whole different look.
:roll:
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I avoid elasticated waists and choose skirts that sit on my waist and hips as they are - my skirts and dresses are almost always non stretch style and have a design that is non stretch/tailored.
I am not such a fan of loose flowing summer dresses/maxi skirts etc. I have some dresses that are elasticated - but thats more empire-line elastication to pull in underbust. My waists are generally fixed.

I avoid putting anything in any of my pockets - be it my skirt/dress (although they almost all do not have pockets - certainly my fitted skits/dresses don't have pockets at all. I do carry handbag for this reason - its so much easier and I can carry a lot of stuff - even spare shoes in my handbags.

Cheers
NZF
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I carry a military looking shoulder bag for wallet, credit cards, cell phone, pocket knife, keys, etc. The only things I put in my skirt pockets are hanky, comb, and keys until I am done loading or unloading my vehicle. My keys fasten to my shoulder bag. It is always fastened to a shopping cart when I am shopping.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

If you are looking at kohls try the Apt 9 skirts I have about 4 of them the ones with tummy control are especially nice and some have pockets
Scan_20200124 (4).jpg
Scan_20191230 (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:
> I bought two skirts and some other stuff and they are comfortable. They
> were skorts and I removed the inner shorts for freedom and ventilation and
> also "slip shorts" which allows the options of a very light
> weight inner shorts or not.

Recommend looking at my list of skirts I've tried, most of which have pockets, elastic waistband, and drawstring.
https://skirtedwalker.wordpress.com/skirt-kilt-list/

I find this style to be my go-to skirt.

73/gus