Expanding waistline

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Expanding waistline

Post by hairy »

In the winter months I don't go out so much I'm retired., but summer months Im out and about in my best skirts. I have a rather large number of skirts and kilts.
The short of it is I've gone and expanded around the middle and sadly very few of my skirts fit. I've spent a lot of money on good skirts thinking that I would stay the same size, however I've jumped two sizes and now got to look for more skirts.
This has taught me a lesson not to build up such a big collection, I now know why the wife and daughter are always buying new.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Expanding waistline

Post by r.m.anderson »

You could in planning your skirted wear consider a pull on skirt with an elastic waist band -
or like with kilts and wrap skirts have some degree of expansion room via straps/buckles or Velcro closure.

Fixed waist closing by zipper or buttoned panel is just that FIXED (Fitted) - no adjustment room -
well maybe an inch or two but the skirt is not going to love you being stretched out of shape
putting stress and tension on every seam fiber thread juncture !

With that pencil skirts are just not going to cut it !
"A" line elastic waist and wrap skirts would be the better long term choice.

An expensive option for that remarkable skirt you don't want to part with - remember when you
wanted that skirt to fit better - put darts in the waist band - well in this case you put panels in
place of the dart. Maybe hard to match the original weave fiber tartan effect - then consider
going with a complimentary contrast panel. Radical tailoring of the skirt is not going to be cheap !

Diet and exercise maybe the regime to keep the clothing in a shaping fitting mode !

As usual YMMV and good luck with fighting windmills - Impossible Dream !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Expanding waistline

Post by partlyscot »

hairy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:24 pm In the winter months I don't go out so much I'm retired., but summer months Im out and about in my best skirts. I have a rather large number of skirts and kilts.
The short of it is I've gone and expanded around the middle and sadly very few of my skirts fit. I've spent a lot of money on good skirts thinking that I would stay the same size, however I've jumped two sizes and now got to look for more skirts.
This has taught me a lesson not to build up such a big collection, I now know why the wife and daughter are always buying new.
Go out more in the Winter. Exercise is the number one way to stay physically and mentally healthy. Doing exercise in the cold is great for calorie burning. Even just turning down the thermostat a couple of degrees can make an amazing difference.