New guy just learning the ropes

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

New guy just learning the ropes

Post by Shilo »

Hi all
Discovered this site fairly recently though I've been skirted for many years. Prefer shorter skirts but too timid to venture out in them. I usually wear a nightshirt This is a bit weird as the females in my house favour pyjamas. My daughter insists on always referring to my nightdress whether it's designed for males or females.
I find skirts much more comfortable and like the way they swing when I walk. For this reason I do not own any body con skirts. I also do not have the figure to carry it off. In saying that I have noticed that some members who've posted pics certainly do.
My wife tolerates my proclivity but does not understand. I think she believes I'm a closeted gay
:roll:
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New guy just learning the ropes

Post by nzfreestyler »

Howdy,

I wear a skirt or a dress just about every day. I don't leave the house in typical mens clothes ever. Not any more as I enjoy my current fashion choices and styles too much. I am a little different in the sense that I wear lingerie as well as skirts, but I love my skirts (and dresses). I also wear chemises.

Welcome - and from my perspective I think there's a great balance of perspectives here, and some good common sense and honesty too shared.

cheers
NZF
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Welcome Shiloh,

Welcome, glad you found us. It took me a long time to find the café too.

I Wear night shirts regularly. Since I was a child.

Interestingly I wear men's night shirts. I don't care for the oversized neck and usually shorter smaller sleeves. That and my wife would object.

As far as your wife's comment on you being closeted gay.

Sounds like she needs to be set straight. Take her to the bedroom for a heated discussion.
For a good :censored: :censored: :censored: if you know what I mean.

Enjoy the café see you around
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
I too would like to extend the hand of welcome to you. :ciao:
I wear night shirts as well during the coldest of nights, I have both men's and woman's styles it depends on how cold as to which one I wear that night.

I no longer wear pants and go about my daily life skirted or in a dress and have found that I have no problems what so ever. My family is fine with my choices of clothing.

So once again welcome and do not be afraid to ask questions, You will find we are great at giving answers.... :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello and welcome, shilo!

I'm not surprised your daughter refers to your nightshirts as nightdresses. She's almost certainly never seen a shirt as long as that. If I were you I'd go along with it, it prepares her mentally for seeing you in dresses during the day time, if she hasn't already.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Shilo, welcome to the cafe. As for being a closeted gay - unlikely and remind her that gay men just don't, wear, skirts. I have been acquainted with a few gay men and none of then would consider wearing a skirt or dress. As for understanding you penchant for skirts I would bet that you don't understand it either. I know that I don't understand my liking. I can rationalise reasons why I like to wear a dress or skirt or any other article of women's wear but truly understanding why I persist in the face of opposition from MOH - I haven't a clue. So her not understanding is completely understandable.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

skirtyscot wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:16 pm Hello and welcome, shilo!

I'm not surprised your daughter refers to your nightshirts as nightdresses. She's almost certainly never seen a shirt as long as that. If I were you I'd go along with it, it prepares her mentally for seeing you in dresses during the day time, if she hasn't already.
Welcome Shilo ,Regarding the use of words ; sometimes I wear a male night shirt. ...Sometimes I wear a female night dress.
It is reasonable to assume that your daughter would be confused with the use of the descriptive words used for
A Man in A Skirt if the garment originated from a female fashion supplier.

It is worth noting that a Man in a Skirt is still in a small minority after many years ....The Skirt has still not become popular
as a Male item of fashion attire....No one has explained why a very small minority of males have chosen to wear the skirt.

I am talking about one sighting of a man in a skirt sseen out on the street in any region in a year..........Weeladdie18
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Shilo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 pm Hi all
Discovered this site fairly recently though I've been skirted for many years. Prefer shorter skirts but too timid to venture out in them. I usually wear a nightshirt This is a bit weird as the females in my house favour pyjamas. My daughter insists on always referring to my nightdress whether it's designed for males or females.
I find skirts much more comfortable and like the way they swing when I walk. For this reason I do not own any body con skirts. I also do not have the figure to carry it off. In saying that I have noticed that some members who've posted pics certainly do.
My wife tolerates my proclivity but does not understand. I think she believes I'm a closeted gay
Hi Shilo! I prefer straight skirts (warmer in winter) but bought a cute pink bias cut one (in my avatar), with another gray one on the way. I found jeans skirts were easy to venture out in first of all, as a knee length denim skirt is very similar to shorts. As for Bodycon, too clingy for me, I'm afraid :roll:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

new2skirts wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:59 pm
Hi Shilo! I prefer straight skirts (warmer in winter) but bought a cute pink bias cut one (in my avatar), with another gray one on the way. I found jeans skirts were easy to venture out in first of all, as a knee length denim skirt is very similar to shorts. As for Bodycon, too clingy for me, I'm afraid :roll:
Recently purchased my first kilt after seeing a guy doing building work in one on discovery. It makes me feel much more comfortable and confident. I’ve now been out in it several times
:roll:
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Raakone »

Another nightshirt wearer! Cool!

Yes, if there was some kind of day version of a nightshirt that I could get away with wearing, I would....except for the current weather up here.

So many people seem to automatically think men who like skirts are gay, when many gays don't like them (they want men, and they want to be men)
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Shilo wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:45 pm
new2skirts wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:59 pm
Recently purchased my first kilt after seeing a guy doing building work in one on discovery. It makes me feel much more comfortable and confident. I’ve now been out in it several times
Kilts were my "gateway drug", lol... they can be hard to maintain due to their cost, accessories etc, but are widely accepted and welcomed by all 8) denim skirts are just as popular, but it all boils down to confidence. I guess for females, they have always known or had to put up with skirts, so pants / pyjamas / trousers is their escape from sitting a certain way etc... for us, it's the opposite :mrgreen: it's all about experimenting until you find a look you like :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...