Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by greenboots »

Following a wee operation, for comfort I have been wearing my black balls kilt a lot, most recently to the midnight service at a local church. Hoping to normalise kilt wearing and add to the wardrobe other styles.

Wishing everyone here A Happy Christmas, however you celebrate.
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

I wore a denim skirt when out walking in the country for a couple of hours today. Its basically an A line style which goes down a couple of inches below the knees. I meet a few people, most greeted me as they might if I was in normal male attire, one or two seemed a bit bemused, and one was possibly slightly cool. I was the only person of either sex who was out and about in a skirt in that area. I was happy enough anyway.

John
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Yesterday was our anniversary. My wife asked me to wear this skirt when we went out to eat, after doing some minor mending on it earlier in the day. I think I looked more normal than some in the restaurant who wore shorts in January or torn jeans.
DSCF4253cs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Jim wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 pm Yesterday was our anniversary. My wife asked me to wear this skirt when we went out to eat, after doing some minor mending on it earlier in the day. I think I looked more normal than some in the restaurant who wore shorts in January or torn jeans.

DSCF4253cs.jpg
I would have opted for longer socks.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Aaaah, "normal" is a much overrated condition in which I hope I never find myself.
Today was thankfully abnormal. I was wished a hearty Happy New Year by a Nun.
She also complimented me on my choice of habit and I naturally reciprocated.
Made a dull day brighter and has started my year off very nicely too.
So have a Happy and Peaceful New Year and may your God or Gods go with you.
Steve.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Jim wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 pmMy wife asked me to wear this skirt when we went out ...
Lucky you!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Headed soon to a restaurant at River Lights, a large (future) development south of Wilmington, east of the Cape Fear. Wearing a chocolate brown corduroy skirt with drab (military) green Spanx tights and matching sweater, with brown closed-heel Sanita clogs. We get to relax at our Wilmington place, so I had Prosecco with breakfast, along with my OJ and coffee. Life is good...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

A good skirt, Dillon and it has pockets too. About a couple of inches too long for me. You see, if you've got 'em, flaunt 'em, so I like to show my kneecaps.
Not altogether lost on me too is the colour of that sky behind you.......Blue!

Don't see that very often hereabouts this time o' year.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Had a couple positive comments on my utility kilt the other day. One was a lady who somewhat excitedly told me about how her husband wears them, too, and has for years. The other was actually given to my wife while I was just out of earshot. Two in one day, just going shopping.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Kirbstone wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:13 pm A good skirt, Dillon and it has pockets too. About a couple of inches too long for me. You see, if you've got 'em, flaunt 'em, so I like to show my kneecaps.
Not altogether lost on me too is the colour of that sky behind you.......Blue!

Don't see that very often hereabouts this time o' year.

Tom
It was a nice day despite a chilly wind coming off the Cape Fear. Believe me, in a few months I’ll be showing my kneecaps too. It will be too hot to stand in the sun for a photo. The Spanish Moss on the tree in the background tells you that we live in a swelter zone.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

This past week, I had to journey south to Hertfordshire for a 24 hour conference. I set off early Monday morning, in the usual black casual kilt and long socks. Breakfast at the Purdey Lodge on the A1 (I can recommend it!), where a quick change into black 200 denier tights took place as it was a bit parky[1]. Brief comfort break and pick up another coffee at Wetherby, then a longer stop in Peterborough. I left the car with a valet company for a wash and polish. The Polish (?) valet asked if the outfit was Scottish, to which I mumbled a vague reply.

I visited some shoe shops, looking for footwear[2] and received several offers of help, but no other comments. A short spell in the cathedral (must visit again for longer), then back to the car for the drive to my parents in Southend. No comments from them, though my sister noted the kilt when she came round for coffee.

Next morning I headed for the conference in the required dress code (no skirt) and passed an enjoyable if intense 24 hours with ecumenical colleagues. Then back on the road with packed lunch, which was eaten at Peterborough services. I was very pleased to be able to swap the rather snug trousers for the favoured kilt. The rest of the journey was uneventful, both in terms of traffic and kilted encounters. Home by 8:30 for dinner with my wife.

[1]An old Yorkshire phrase, I think, implying that there was a frost in the air.
[2]Although I quite like some female footwear, a prime driver is that most men's shoes are too wide around the heel and so they slip about on my feet. Women's shoes generally seem a more snug fit.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Did anyone watch the LEGO contest on the TV last night???
Well I did and one of the male contestants was wearing a denim overall style dress. How ever while I applaud his fortitude for wearing a dress on TV, the rest of him left much to desire. His hair and the rest of him was just weird. If you saw it what did you think??
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

Out in the City of Wells this afternoon doing some shopping. Wearing black knee high boots, a long denim skirt, an orange top and orange tights and a yellow padded jacket. Had a good time browsing the shops and managed to buy myself a purse from a charity shop and a knee length yellow skirt from a shop called Mistral. Also did a food shop at Morrison’s
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Eborian wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:20 pm Out in the City of Wells this afternoon doing some shopping. Wearing black knee high boots, a long denim skirt, an orange top and orange tights and a yellow padded jacket. Had a good time browsing the shops and managed to buy myself a purse from a charity shop and a knee length yellow skirt from a shop called Mistral. Also did a food shop at Morrison’s
Nice to know there's at least two skirted men in Wells. I'm often out and about in an ankle-length denim skirt when cold, knee-length when the weather's a bit warmer. Did the Cathedral's 'High Parts' tour - climbing around in the roof space - in a knee-length skirt. Wife and I often have morning tea/coffee in the City Arms - both skirted of course, and I've bought several gypsy skirts from the colourful skirt stall in the market place, which I wear for folk dancing :D
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.