Hello - Here is my intro

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Zanus-Gandren

Hello - Here is my intro

Post by Zanus-Gandren »

Hi there. Thanks for welcoming me.

I'm a cis-gender bisexual male. But I've always believed that boys and men can wear skirts too while still presenting as male. And I do have an interest in typically female/feminine clothing. But outside of my very strong belief that boys and men can wear skirts too (if they so choose), I know that this interest is not a fetish and I have no intention of ever cross-dressing. I’m not opposed to cross-dressing, but it’s not for me.

I shared this fact on a Queer Facebook group, along with photos and one reply I got (from a female) was: “Boys in skirts are metal as f**🤘you're rocking it.”

Another lady from the same group said: “You look amazing!! And boys in skirts are awesome!!! 😍😍” and “Seriously though, f*** gender norms! A lot of my male friends are scared to wear anything remotely femme-looking, it's sad that society is like that, especially when women can wear pretty much anything”

I own four skirts right now, and I wear them around the house sometimes. And I really want to dress like this in public, but I’m nervous to, even in queer spaces, and despite the fact that from where I’m standing, they look and feel great.

As you can guess from all that, I’m pretty sure that I’ll feel right at home here.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello - Here is my intro

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:

Welcome to the Cafe.
Of course you will feel right at home since this is a great place to sit and chat.
Also see my response to your post in Patrons Ages.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Welcome,

I wear skirts and dresses openly all the time. My has evolved to include accessories, jewellery, hosiery, lingerie and high heels all the time. I make no efforts to impersonate, wear wigs, make up etc - its just me but wearing typical womens fashions. I just prefer the look and fit.

Anyway = welcome - and your aspirations to wear skirts et al openly is achievable. There's a great crowd of likeminded folk here!

cheers
NZF
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Welcome to the cafe, a place where you can be relaxed about wearing skirts and non conforming clothing at all times. I am in a mini skirt right now.
Most of us have felt aprehensive about wearing skirts in public for the first time and subsequently found that there was no issue at all.
Without knowing where you are situated it is difficult to anticipate any reaction to going public, otherwise I would say just do it, get out there dressed however you want to and become confident about that in public. There is a tremendous feeling of freedom once you do that.
From my experience, I have felt heartened by the acceptance or disinterest wherever I have gone.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello and welcome, ZG.

It seems like you have a bunch of friends and acquaintances who would accepting your skirt-wearing in an instant. There is nothing to stop you. What are your 4 skirts like? Pick the drabbest one, denim knee-length is ideal if you have one, put it on and go and visit them. Travel in trousers and change when you arrive, if that makes it easier. Or drive a few miles to a town where nobody knows you, and buy petrol or go into a convenience store. People will probably notice, but ignore the funny looks and act normal.

It's not easy at first but it won't be long before you gain confidence and start to wonder why you were so worried.

And tell us how you get on, you'll get loads of good advice here.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

skirtyscot wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:35 am Hello and welcome, ZG.

It seems like you have a bunch of friends and acquaintances who would accepting your skirt-wearing in an instant. There is nothing to stop you. What are your 4 skirts like? Pick the drabbest one, denim knee-length is ideal if you have one, put it on and go and visit them. Travel in trousers and change when you arrive, if that makes it easier. Or drive a few miles to a town where nobody knows you, and buy petrol or go into a convenience store. People will probably notice, but ignore the funny looks and act normal.

It's not easy at first but it won't be long before you gain confidence and start to wonder why you were so worried.

And tell us how you get on, you'll get loads of good advice here.
Welcome, ZG! Like he said :mrgreen: Denim or jeans skirts are great, the first time is as scary as hell but after a while you realise the world doesn't care. Your Facebook group sounds interesting. None of us set out to impersonate or pass, we simply like skirt variety and range of colours. 8)
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I own four skirts right now, and I wear them around the house sometimes. And I really want to dress like this in public, but I’m nervous to, even in queer spaces, and despite the fact that from where
I’m standing, they look and feel great.

Welcome,greetings:

Just like the others here: "Just do it" -- maybe in a nearby town where you are not known, or a beach resort is always good for a start -- you will very quickly find the apprehension was not warranted, folks may glance, many won't even notice, and pretty much everyone just goes about their way the same as if you were in pants. Yes, a 'dull, plain, knee/calf length skirt will be easier to "own" to start -- but pick something you feel comfortable in and give it a whirl -- the world won't end -- but it may begin for you! Screw up your confidence -- when you present as if the skirt is fully as normal as pants, folks just take it in stride. "Own it & go for it".

Falda guy
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Welcome to the café. going out at night for a short trip is the best idea go a couple of towns over and buy gas pull up close to the pump and you can almost hide behind your car door.

Nothing flashy a denim skirt is usually the best Small steps is the way to go
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi ZG,
Good advice above. That is exactly how I first stepped out wearing a skirt. I had on a denim mini (14" long) and had stopped at a motorway service station for petrol. After I filled up, I walked up to the short queue at the cashiers deck, paid for the fuel and back to the car. It just took a few minutes but heart was racing.
Especially when one lady coming out as I was going in took a double-take look.
A couple of policemen were also at the desk having coffee but they completely ignored me.

On the return trip, with confidence buoyed, I deliberately stopped at the same services on the opposite carriageway for a coffee wearing same skirt but nobody noticed.
That is what you will find almost invariably - minor or no reaction at all.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels