What do you wear on your legs with skirts

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What do you wear on your legs with skirts

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Freedom!
Is what I wear on my legs.

I wear the usual white men's ankle socks on my feet.
Even with my kilts.
(Gasp I'm out of uniform)
I have never liked longer socks, or the kilt hose.

Nothing wrong with Wear something on your legs. I'm just surprised at the percentage Café members that wear tights, pantihose, leggings or comparable.

While I have tried them all. I don't find them comfortable or practical.
To me it seems like a step backwards. Defeats the purpose of skirt wearing.
Might as well wear trousers under my skirt at that point.

Loving the freedom, of nothing on my legs.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

These days I tend to wear pantyhose with my Skirts & Dresses. In the summer I will go bare leg on occasion with skirts.
WIth my Kilts its almost always long socks and boots.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

I wear nothing on my legs when it's warm.

When it's cold I wear long socks or leg warmers. I just got my first cheap garter belt to see if I like it to hold up the socks.

(moderators: if this falls in the unmentionable category, please delete. No offense will be taken.)
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I wore leggings and a plaid skirt on Thanksgiving which people thought it was a kilt. I bought the leggings at a local pharmacy and had a problem with them drooping. The problem was compounded because I need to walk a long distance carrying things and the leggings drooped. Since then I have bought other leggings, tights, and knee high socks. I prefer to wear bare legs with skirts. Cheap leggings are out. I like tights better.

For hiking I wear knee high nylons over my socks to keep stickers and insects off of my legs and inside my boots. I had an insect bite on my ankle which became infected and required surgery and a skin graft.

I prefer bare legs because I like the total freedom.
Second choice would be knee high tight socks
Third choice would be pantyhose tights
Fourth choice would be pantyhose leggings.

I really don't like restrictions of freedom, however I will wear support or compression pantyhose when flying to prevent PAD and DVT which can be deadly.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I could never get away with garter belts - the stockings always seem to come away from the fastenings. In their place I wear thigh highs or tights.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Jim wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:49 pm I wear nothing on my legs when it's warm.

When it's cold I wear long socks or leg warmers. I just got my first cheap garter belt to see if I like it to hold up the socks.
I wear such unmentionables more in the summer, with lace unmentionables for a little more comfort as it's cooler. They can be fiddly to attach to your stockings, and depending on the style or length of garter belts, can make the call of nature slightly more protracted if undoing 4 clips whilst fiddling with your skirt hem :oops:

Thigh high stockings with the rubbery lining can generally stay put through the day, if you want to add pop to your legs without tights which can bee too warm.

Most times, tights are for work skirts, with the casuals, its waxed legs with my denim pencils, and ladies sneakers :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I wear some stockings too - but mostly bare legs. I don't wear stockings in summer - and not often in winter. This is for a few reasons, one being that I find my stockings can get smelly in my shoes (and I wear high heels so its not like much of my foot is enclosed) and because its hot summer anyway so why wear stockings, and also I wear peep toes, and sandals too - and I'll never wear hosiery with any open toe shoe.

On a side note I do find higher heels much easier with bare legs than stockings, especially after a few hours, my heels get very loose on my feet when I am in stockings all day to the point of it being an inconvenience to be in heels and stockings at the end of the day. (I still prefer the look - but its inconvenient because my shoes get so loose in stockings after a few hours, especially the higher heels)

cheers
NZF
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I thought I'd post about how I'm dealing with the cold weather of the last week. It's been hovering around -30C, with windchills getting close to -40C (which is also -40F.)

End of last season I found a long down coat, which reached to mid calf on my 6'2" frame, and I managed to stretch some tall boots so they fit well enough to walk in. I usually wear heavyish wool skirts, sometimes with a slip. Under that opaque tights or stockings and for the actual commute, which can involve walking up to a kilometer, some fleece lined leggings. Depending on my specific work area, the leggings may stay on all day.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

partlyscot wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:19 pm I thought I'd post about how I'm dealing with the cold weather of the last week. It's been hovering around -30C, with windchills getting close to -40C (which is also -40F.)

End of last season I found a long down coat, which reached to mid calf on my 6'2" frame, and I managed to stretch some tall boots so they fit well enough to walk in. I usually wear heavyish wool skirts, sometimes with a slip. Under that opaque tights or stockings and for the actual commute, which can involve walking up to a kilometer, some fleece lined leggings. Depending on my specific work area, the leggings may stay on all day.
Wow!! that is pretty cold!!! I don't think I'd survive over your way! I do wear some sheer stockings (max 15 denier) and I prefer bare legs mostly - but -30 deg.... wow ! I do have thighboots but even then with my skirts I dunno - still feels cold just thinking about it...

NZF
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

this might make you laugh... air drying some hosiery.... (last winter I think it was)

cheers
NZF
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I don't normally wear stuff that sheer, it feels a little too femme for me, though my thinking is changing on that. I do find any kind of hosiery causes more disturbance in the force, compared to the skirts.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

for me - my stockings are fashion and a tone on my legs (and they look a bit sexy too) - but its fashion .
I love my skirts and thats what I prefer how I look in.
I wear sheer because I like to make it clear my legs are hairless - even in winter I don't do any opaques for the same reason.

(damn I am vain sometimes)

cheers
NZF
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:14 am I wear sheer because I like to make it clear my legs are hairless - even in winter I don't do any opaques for the same reason.
And I wear opaques because I don't like to make it clear my legs are hairy - even in summer I don't do sheer for the same reason. Leg hair showing through tights isn't a good look, IMO.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

skirtyscot wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:58 am
And I wear opaques because I don't like to make it clear my legs are hairy - even in summer I don't do sheer for the same reason. Leg hair showing through tights isn't a good look, IMO.
perfect reason to wax those legs !?
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Nah, I like my legs hairy.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair