Non Gendered Children

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Non Gendered Children

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:shock: :alien:
non 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Non Gendered Children

Post by moonshadow »

Boone North Carolina Starbucks has two one hole restrooms, both are unisex.

Both had the little sign that had a person in trousers and a person in a dress together.

It felt odd using a restroom that had half a sign depicting the person in a dress... to me this always represented a sort of sacred holy ground where only those who bear the all mighty vagina may enter...

I was waiting for the armed guards to bust down the door and haul me off to the sex offender prison.

But seriously, it felt weird...

If you've watched the Shawshank Redemption where Red is released and can't make water until he has permission... that's kinda my situation in unisex bathrooms...

I made sure I aimed well and put the seat back down and cleaned up behind myself (which I do anyway, but made doubly sure that time)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

I'm still trying to work out what it means.

The grammar is strange, there are two nouns but no adjective; do they mean "non-gendered" ?  If they do, that applies to all children under the age of five, whose gender (or lack of it) cannot be determined.  Above the age of five it is presumed that all children will have a gender, even though they (or their adults) may not be aware of it or may be uncertain where it lies on the spectrum.

So does this just mean "No children younger than 5 to use this facility" ?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Don't over think it!
This sign was posted in a foreign country.
So wither the sign has the right verbiage or not it is funny!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I was wondering about the changing room for no-gendered children. If there is no gender what can you change? Maybe the sign should talk about wrong gendered children.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 pm Boone North Carolina Starbucks has two one hole restrooms, both are unisex.

It felt odd using a restroom that had half a sign depicting the person in a dress... to me this always represented a sort of sacred holy ground where only those who bear the all mighty vagina may enter...

)
I like the term Almighty Vagina!1 Long live v-power!
K_Highlander

Post by K_Highlander »

I think I get it now:
"Men, don't bring your daughter into the men's room"
"Women, don't bring your son into the women's room"

I see this on occasion in restaurants, the daughter has to go, when out with her dad.
He has no choice as she is too young to send on her own.
And vice versa.

The sign wording is hard to understand!
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

K_Highlander wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 am I think I get it now:
About time! I have stopped using places with communal changing rooms because of females in male changing facilities, whether they are children brought in by others, or female staff. This is becoming in Scandinavia and I really object to it.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Stu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:55 am ... I have stopped using places with communal changing rooms because of females in male changing facilities, whether they are children brought in by others, or female staff. This is becoming in Scandinavia and I really object to it.
Can you pin down the reason why you feel that way?  I am not trying to invalidate your feelings or start an argument, but I am genuinely interested why some people find this very upsetting, whereas it is no big deal for others.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

K_Highlander wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 am I think I get it now:

I see this on occasion in restaurants, the daughter has to go, when out with her dad.
He has no choice as she is too young to send on her own.
And vice versa.
Wow, that's a bad policy! What is a parent supposed to do?
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

pelmut wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 am Can you pin down the reason why you feel that way?  I am not trying to invalidate your feelings or start an argument, but I am genuinely interested why some people find this very upsetting, whereas it is no big deal for others.
I guess it's for the same reason most women would object to males entering their changing facilities when they are in a state of undress. We are acculturated to allowing our naked state to be seen only by intimate partners, doctors and members of our own sex.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I can go along with Stu's sentiments, though for different reasons.

In the U.S. people lose their mind if a trans-woman (or even a regular man) enters womens changing/restroom areas.

Yet on the other hand women and people with vaginas get a free pass in the mens room more often than not. I have to share communal restrooms with women once in a while. One time at a public park in North Carolina. In this instance, there was a woman in the men's room. I stopped to pee, I was wearing a skirt and the women actually gave me a dirty look for being in there. I actually walked back out thinking I went into the wrong room by mistake... no... it was the men's room.

I guess women can just do whatever the hell they want.

Damn that sh!t makes me hate the world sometimes.

It's the constant puritan U.S. double standards that get under my skin.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I tell ya I've just gotten to where I don't have any use for people in general. I have plenty of empathy for people on an individual "one on one" basis, but as for humanity as a whole... let the damned species go extinct for all I care.

I'm literally amazed we've lived in the atomic age for 70 years now and somehow managed to not blow ourselves up yet.
-Andrea
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Stu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:33 pm
pelmut wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 am Can you pin down the reason why you feel that way?  I am not trying to invalidate your feelings or start an argument, but I am genuinely interested why some people find this very upsetting, whereas it is no big deal for others.
I guess it's for the same reason most women would object to males entering their changing facilities when they are in a state of undress. We are acculturated to allowing our naked state to be seen only by intimate partners, doctors and members of our own sex.
Interesting.  I understood that in many Baltic countries, nudity was considered unobjectionable as long as it wasn't done in a 'provocative' manner.

I've realised that I feel far more comfortable naked in female company than in male; something I attribute to bullying in the showers at an all-boys' school.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

pelmut wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:46 pm Interesting.  I understood that in many Baltic countries, nudity was considered unobjectionable as long as it wasn't done in a 'provocative' manner.

Yes, a lot of people have gained that idea - not strictly accurate, though. You have the Danes, who went through a phase of being indifferent to nudity on beaches some years ago and now, aside from the few strictly naturist beaches, you rarely even see topless woman. Younger women are keeping their tops on. I was in a Danish sauna last year and everyone was wearing swimwear - thankfully. Sweden has never really been into all that any way: single-sex saunas nude - mixed saunas = costumes. Finland has its sauna culture, and that is generally naked, but saunas are mostly family and occasionally for close friends. Public saunas in Finland are generally single-sex. I have no idea what happens in Norway or Iceland, but I reckon it's probably similar to Sweden. The Nordic countries have dabbled in the stripping away inhibitions and letting it all hang out, but it has now retreated from that and, I am happy to report, people keep their kit on in public. :D