Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

Post by Gusto10 »

Well polished boots alright.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I am changing doctors. I have been a patient of my current doctor for 11 years. She has never examined me between my waist and my knees, and doesn't even ask any questions regarding that region. I have asked her about it and have written a report about questions a doctor would want to know. I actually diagnosed my own hernia and told her about it. I was referred to a surgeon to repair it.

I am not modest in front of female medical personnel, in fact I prefer a female doctor. I have had nurses assist me in the shower, dress me, remove a catheter, help me go to the bathroom, etc. I have mentioned that to my doctor. I now have an appointment with another doctor and am looking forward to having a more thorough semi annual exam.

I have not worn a skirt to my doctor, but have disrobed and worn a gown for various exams other than seeing my primary physician.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:55 pm I am changing doctors. I have been a patient of my current doctor for 11 years. She has never examined me between my waist and my knees, and doesn't even ask any questions regarding that region.
You definitely should change doctors. You probably won't enjoy the digital exam, but it should be offered.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Funny thang, I guess I needed a prostate exam and was referred to a urologist. Guess who performed the exam? A female nurse practitioner.
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

Be grateful it was a women, most men have larger fingers and it is even less comfortable.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:23 am Funny thang, I guess I needed a prostate exam and was referred to a urologist. Guess who performed the exam? A female nurse practitioner.
I never thought I would be pleased to hear a bloke with his finger up my bum say "Ooh!, that's nice and smooth".
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Having some prostrate concerns went to the VA to see a urologist . Have to do some more testing but yesterday was the first consult. AS usual I was wearing a skirt. when it came time for getting the finger The doctor told me to stand up and turn around. Than he started to say drop your. than he hesitated and said lift your obviously confused he finally laughed and said you know what I mean
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

skirts4me wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:40 am
dillon wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:31 am I appreciate you guys who go to the doc in a skirt, but I’d rather not have a doctor deciding he knows me by my clothing. My fashion choices are mine, and not worth having to challenge my physician over his initial judgements based on attire.
My experience with medical people is actually opposite to what you fear. I have had several doctors say that we have clothing the wrong way round: that skirts are more suitable for men than for women, and trousers are more suitable for women than for men. When I go for a scan on my troublesome knee I don't need to put on a hospital gown - why wear a dress when you're already in a skirt which gives as much access to the required area? I've never had one negative comment.
Just curious if those medical people were male, and if they themselves were wearing skirts when they made those comments. If not, I would personally feel like maybe I was being patronized, even if the opinion was sensible.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

dillon, I have found that the sex of the practitioner makes no difference. I have had female and male doctors, nurses and most have not commented on my skirt and if they did have been complimentary.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Over the past 10 years, there have been three times when I've visited a clinic or doctor's office, etc, while trousered. The rest of the time, been skirted. Never had positive nor negative comments. I highly doubt that people are going to make a stink about someone showing up at a doctor's office in a skirt, dress, etc. Remember, from time to time, you're wearing much less, if anything, while they're examining you or doing some procedure. Case in point, the usual open-back gown, which is a knee-length or above knee shirtdress that ties in the back.
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Friday I went to the VA clinic for a series of tests. I was wearing my normal skirt tights and knee boots.

I spent most of the day going from the lab to the test room back to the lab than to an office my wonderings including a couple of stops in the cafeteria. No problems and nothing was said the entire day . I was finally done and I got in the elevator to go down to the lobby to leave.

When I walked into the elevator there was one nurse in there , And boy did she stare and look me over. I was saying to myself oh well here it comes . When we were reached the ground floor and were ready to get out she looks directly an me than she smiled and said "I Like your boots"
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

dillon wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:31 am Just curious if those medical people were male, and if they themselves were wearing skirts when they made those comments. If not, I would personally feel like maybe I was being patronized, even if the opinion was sensible.
Both genders, and the men's responses were akin to "I wish I had the guts (or freedom) to wear what you wear." Remember that patients are just as likely to judge the doctors by what they wear as the doctors are to judge the patients.
Shalom
Steven
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

yesterday's outfit for my visit to the VA.

My case worker said it was nice but that I should get some more appropriate (more feminine ) tops
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:22 pmMy case worker said it was nice but that I should get some more appropriate (more feminine ) tops
I quite agree with the case worker. While I have in the past worn my "mens" shirts they did not really look right. About the only time they did appear "OK" was when wearing denim skirts, and even then not a perfect fit. Now all I wear are tops from the womans side of the isle.They seem to be the right fit for me as well. And they are much more comfortable too... :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Shirt looks fine to me, Dan. Nice outfit.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair