The worm has turned

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The worm has turned

Post by new2skirts »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:39 pm Well I usually use the stalls so no one sees how I lift my skirt. When I do have to use the stand up out side of the stalls I usually try to be as concealed as possible. :lol:
Ditto... stall if possible, no one needs to see that. If skirts for men become commonplace, will we see more stalls rather than urinals? :roll:

This is why I prefer straight / pencil skirts, they stay up and out of the way whilst other items are pulled down :mrgreen:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

oldsalt1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 pm..... I get a chuckle every time that I am standing at the fixture and I go for the zipper . Than I realize just lift the skirt up . .....
For me it is the other way around. My hand goes down to the hem but then I realize I have pants on.

I don't know if it just me but it looks like the opening is getting smaller and smaller with the zipper down. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 pmI sometimes wonder what the other men in the restroom might think if they notice a man relieving himself with his skirt lifted up.
In a word, "That's their problem."

I usually wear long flowy skirts with lots of room and which drape nicely astern whilst the bow is in action. I've never had a problem in the men's room. Now short/tight skirts are another issue altogether as one's behind tends to hang out the moment the front hem is lifted, so "Watch your back(side)" if you like short/tight.

As in all things, "Practise makes perfect." -- at least well thought-out practise, otherwise the variant of the former comes into play: "Practise makes permanent."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

....and there was the boy who stopped passing gentleman on a New York sidewalk and asked him how he could get to the Carnegie Hall, The elderly gentleman leaned down and advised him in a grandfatherly way.......'Practice, boy. practice!'

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

NOT practice makes perfect - - -

BUT PERFECT practice makes perfect - - -

Keep doing the practice the same way trying to get a perfect result is meaningless - - -
i.e. keeping doing something the same way expecting a different perfect result - - -
Something about being in the same ole groove !

Oh what the heck do I know about all this - - -

"I did it MY WAY" !
I am not perfect - just as long as what I did was passable or passes mustard ***
*** YES I know it is supposed to be muster - see how passably perfect I am !
Like JeffB1959 I am not trying to look like a woman just trying to put on me skirt like one !

You take the High Road and I'll take the Low Road and Yada Yada Yada there will be no perfect skirting practice cause there is no user manual.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

In a skirt with plenty of material (e.g. utility kilt), the urinal is no issue at all. In fact, I think I use them more when wearing a kilt or similar. It's easier than trying to keep the thing off of a dirty toilet while sitting.

Plus, a part of me feels it is a good example for other guys, that encourages them to try something other than pants. I think peeing standing up (and in front of others in a public restroom) shows them that, even in a skirt, I'm still a guy.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Dust wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:06 am In a skirt with plenty of material (e.g. utility kilt), the urinal is no issue at all. In fact, I think I use them more when wearing a kilt or similar. It's easier than trying to keep the thing off of a dirty toilet while sitting.

Plus, a part of me feels it is a good example for other guys, that encourages them to try something other than pants. I think peeing standing up (and in front of others in a public restroom) shows them that, even in a skirt, I'm still a guy.
Well....in pants I could use the urinal with one hand tied behind my back. That
didn't happen very frequently mind you, but the ability was there. In a skirt or
dress or kilt, I need both hands, one just to hold the garment up. In an
emergency, I could tuck the hem under my belt and still have a free hand, I
suppose. In fact, that might allow me to keep both hands free. How manly
would that be, both fists on hips while conducting business?!
Daryl...
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

oldsalt1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 pm Than I sometimes wonder what the other men in the restroom might think if they notice a man relieving himself with his skirt lifted up.

Same here! But strangely, none of them has ever told me. :lol:
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

Why not just take advantage of the freedom provided by the skirt/kilt and sit to urinate? We don't have a problem when we need to empty our bowels, so why do we have a problem when we empty our bladders? Or is it a case of "that's what women do and it would be demeaning of a man to do the same"?
Shalom
Steven
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I think that the majority of us who prefer to stand, do so , because we wish to have as little contact with public sanitary facilities as possible
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

skirts4me wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:46 pm Why not just take advantage of the freedom provided by the skirt/kilt and sit to urinate? We don't have a problem when we need to empty our bowels, so why do we have a problem when we empty our bladders? Or is it a case of "that's what women do and it would be demeaning of a man to do the same"?
Nothing demeaning about it, but urinals take less space and it's faster, easier, and uses less water to stand.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I think a skirt offers more shielding at a urinal than pants as I just pull the hem forward and up (a mini skirt)
beachlion wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:47 pm I don't know if it just me but it looks like the opening is getting smaller and smaller with the zipper down. ;)
I often had to loosen my belt and top button to gain enough wiggle room, which was ungainly at a public urinal. Such a relief to relieve myself in a skirt.
Jim wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:20 am ................ but urinals take less space and it's faster, easier, and uses less water to stand.
Quite so, and no physical contact with public facilities. Many urinals in this dry continent are now waterless technology; no flush and no stink.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Jim wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:20 am
skirts4me wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:46 pm Why not just take advantage of the freedom provided by the skirt/kilt and sit to urinate? We don't have a problem when we need to empty our bowels, so why do we have a problem when we empty our bladders? Or is it a case of "that's what women do and it would be demeaning of a man to do the same"?
Nothing demeaning about it, but urinals take less space and it's faster, easier, and uses less water to stand.
I find it more practical to sit as I'm skirted, with panties and tights to my thighs and skirt up at my waist... that would scare most blokes off if I did the same at a urinal :mrgreen: With trousers, there's not all this drama :lol:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I agree its not the going, its putting yourself back together after. If there is a stall available I use it but I still stand up :roll: :roll: :roll:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

This past Monday night my son and I went out for dinner. We tried a new place that was in the local shopping mall . After dinner we roamed around the center for a while.

As we were walking he slowed down to look in the window of the Dress Barn . I asked him what he was looking for . He said something for my birthday