My Latest Dress; is it a slip, a cami, a nightgown, or all 4?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

My Latest Dress; is it a slip, a cami, a nightgown, or all 4?

Post by Daryl »

Well, here it is.

www.amazon.ca/Franato-Womens-Seamless-Spaghetti-Straps/dp/B01F8NGM7S/

It's stretchy and comes large enough for me, and is absolutely wonderful to wear either as sleepwear or as that underlayer you need in winter. Put your legs together and it follows, keeping you even warmer. Spread your legs and it offers almost no resistance. Perfect. It's opaque so could even be worn as a dress on its own, if you had the bod for that.

I was looking for a traditional slippery slip but took a gamble on this because those are just way too hard to find in a style that would suit me and also be in my size (US 3X, Asia 5X). I liked this so much I ordered a spare plus a shorter one in a light beige. The long one is too long for some of my dresses and skirts, and I'll need the lighter colour come springtime when my white skirts come out again.
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My Latest Dress; is it a slip, a cami, a nightgown, or all 4?

Post by Sinned »

Daryl, really it is what you call it. I would have called it a calf-length cami slip dress. When you wear it determines whether it's a nightdress or a day dress. The thickness of the material may have a bearing as it may be too thin to wear as a day dress. Wear it when you ant and enjoy. Too long and form fitted for me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My Latest Dress; is it a slip, a cami, a nightgown, or all 4?

Post by JeffB1959 »

I'd call it a camidress. I also call it most attractive!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.