Favourite shoes

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Favourite shoes

Post by oldsalt1 »

Jeff its easy just go to amazon get a regular pair of pumps and then paint the bottom red :lol: :lol: :lol:
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi JeffB,

they are pricey but the shape is unique... there aren't any other shoes that are as high either ( I think the 130 hot chick/hot wave/merci allen CL's are the only shoes at that high a heel without any platform etc) - so its more for how your foot feels inside the shoe that these pumps are amazing. They are a fun shoe for experienced wearers because they still feel really high underfoot.
CLs have a shorter toe box than almost every other pump - and that makes them look unique.

Also - I have purchased half my hot chicks 2nd hand - because they are a quality shoe - they last well - and many women have bought them and worn them once or twice - but they are often too much heel for part-time heel wearers. So I get a mine for around 2/3rd the price or less in some cases.

Oh - and they are no longer made I think - which will increase the price of the shoes now I suspect. I heard that last year Louboutin stopped making the hot chick and hot wave. Not sure about the merci allen or - it might still be made but it has a rounded toe.

Anyway - I just love wearing the hot chicks - and I get so many compliments, its like addictive.

cheers
NZF
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

here are the soles.
you know you could paint them - but it would have to be very thin coats to get the same effect?
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:26 pm Hi JeffB,

they are pricey but the shape is unique... there aren't any other shoes that are as high either ( I think the 130 hot chick/hot wave/merci allen CL's are the only shoes at that high a heel without any platform etc) - so its more for how your foot feels inside the shoe that these pumps are amazing. They are a fun shoe for experienced wearers because they still feel really high underfoot.
CLs have a shorter toe box than almost every other pump - and that makes them look unique.

Also - I have purchased half my hot chicks 2nd hand - because they are a quality shoe - they last well - and many women have bought them and worn them once or twice - but they are often too much heel for part-time heel wearers. So I get a mine for around 2/3rd the price or less in some cases.

Oh - and they are no longer made I think - which will increase the price of the shoes now I suspect. I heard that last year Louboutin stopped making the hot chick and hot wave. Not sure about the merci allen or - it might still be made but it has a rounded toe.

Anyway - I just love wearing the hot chicks - and I get so many compliments, its like addictive.

cheers
NZF
Well, I'm glad you enjoy those shoes which certainly do look good on you. I wasn't aware the toe box wasn't as long as it looked from pictures I've seen. Most interesting. By the by, there's a Louboutin store at the King of Prussia Mall, one of my favorite locations for freestyling, I wandered in once and was floored from how gorgeous the shoes were up close and personal.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

For USA members here, I recommend - https://www.hotter.com/us/en/viewallwomens - as their standard width women's shoes are an easy fit for men.

I've bought several pairs from the UK store, and can highly recommend them. I take a Size 9 (UK) in Men’s Shoes. For Hotter Women’s Shoes, I buy in Size 8 (UK) and they always fit perfectly.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Ralph wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:36 pm
Oh wow, my toes cramped up just looking at that picture! So... very... pointy...
There are a lot of pumps that have nice rounded toes too!
In my opinion I prefer the look of the pointed toe - but I also like the play of a rounded toe, which to me is more like a maryjane toe - or a casual toe, paired with a bit of a heel - its sort of a combination of 2 extremes making something a little unique in terms of a style.

My point is there are so many pumps out there to try and choose from - these pics are a shoe called 'Fifi' available in several heel heights, they are the exact same heel/shoe as the 'So Kate' that everyone seems to rave about - except these have a rounded toe !!
Again they keep the toe short - but it is rounded and fits comfortably.

these are the Fifi 120mm in a EU 39.5

Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

I just may have to get a pair of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tan-Brown-Plat ... 2599689603

Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

On buying a new Dress, my Wife assisted me in choosing a matching Cardigan. Once that was done with, She insisted on buying me a matching pair of heels from Hotter. It’s been a good day.

https://www.hotter.com/gb/en/viviene-he ... on%20Multi
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

My latest acquisition, reduced in the Hotter sale from £79 to £23 (with extra discount code). I bought one pair in Red, and another in Grey.

https://www.hotter.com/gb/en/charmaine- ... ck%20Multi
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

just contacted the seller to see if these are the new follies version or the earlier one. Regardless I so love the style! If they're the follies I think I'm going to have to splash out and buy them. 2nd hand but I know my size in the follies shape - but in good condition.

JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 am just contacted the seller to see if these are the new follies version or the earlier one. Regardless I so love the style! If they're the follies I think I'm going to have to splash out and buy them. 2nd hand but I know my size in the follies shape - but in good condition.

Good grief! I've NEVER seen anything like that before! Incredible! :shock:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:hmmm: would be painful if you got kicked by them :oops:
:hide:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Counter to all you heel-loving blokes I'm coming back to my favourite topic of flats.

Last year I wrote about my experiments with various ballet flats, from the flimsy but comfortable Walmart spandex slipper to the soft, scrunchy leather (also Walmart) to the sturdier leather of the Luoka brand I found on Amazon.

Over the past year I have found that I definitely prefer the soft, pliable leather. Spandex tears too easily with frequent wearing and doesn't keep my feet warm in the winter; the harder upper bites into my skin if I turn my foot the wrong way. Alas, the scrunchy soft flat from Walmart was in the clearance bin and has been discontinued, and nothing I found on Amazon came close to that style in the huge sizes I need for my boat feet.

Finally a few weeks ago I found the Dexflex brand on Amazon, in every possible size (and a few colour choices). Reviews were mixed, but at 30 bucks I was willing to give it a go and I'm glad I did. I used the tennis-ball-in-the-toe trick to stretch it a bit wider overnight, and now they're just tight enough that they don't slip off but not so tight they cut off circulation or bend my toes. These are now my new favourite shoes!

Apart from the toe widening, the one other alteration I made was to snip off the stupid dangly silver decorations that were just distracting (see photos of the original in the Amazon ad, to compare against my own photos).

Ralph!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 am just contacted the seller to see if these are the new follies version or the earlier one. Regardless I so love the style! If they're the follies I think I'm going to have to splash out and buy them. 2nd hand but I know my size in the follies shape - but in good condition.

Amazing.

As a hard core technician I wonder where they put the batteries to let those LED-lights flicker. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

I used to wear Capezio flats and jazz oxfords.
This was late 1970s to early 1980s.
I don't think these are being made anymore,
which is unfortunate. When you find them,
they are listed as "vintage."
I had both the unadorned ballet flat, and one
that they called "U shell buckle." It had an
instep strap which split in two halfway across,
and joined two buckles on the outer side.
Those were favorites.
As for the jazz oxfords, I had black, white, and
taupe leather, and black canvas. I wore them
everywhere, including work, and they were my
favorite shoes for driving. I never got red jazz
oxfords, but they were available as a special
order out of New York.