hybrid style

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

hybrid style

Post by dillon »

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/mod ... 002043497/

I'd wear these if they came anywhere near my size. I haven't worn a 7 since I was 8 years old!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Re: hybrid style

Post by GerdG »

How about these. Available in all sizes:

https://www.amazon.com/COOLULU-Womens-M ... el&sr=1-56
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

The Rakuten is something I would wear. But not pay $200.
How does it happen that they only exist in size 7?
The Doc 8065 is on my all-time dream list (along with
Clark's Joyance sandals the way they were made 60 years ago).
So far, Doc has never made 8065 in my size, and I'm not sure why.
I already own a pair of Duckfeet Himmerland in size 46.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

GerdG wrote:How about these. Available in all sizes
The problem with shoes designed and marketed for women, as I found out the hard way, is they are always too narrow. For some reason manufacturers seem to believe that women either have toes that come to a razor-sharp point or want to develop such a shape. My feet are about 11cm at the widest point, from the base of the big toe to the base of the small toe, and 9cm from the tip of the small toe to the middle of the big toe.

Even so-called "wide" shoes with supposedly "round" (vs. pointed) toes are only wide in the sole, and bring the toes to an impossibly narrow point. Either my toes get compressed to fit into that narrow gap, or the shoe must expand to accommodate my feet.

I can buy a larger size (or two or three up) but then when the shoe is wide enough to fit comfortably I end up with 3-6cm extra space between the heel of my foot and the heel of my toe.

A recent example is the ballet flats I bought. They are a size 11W, two sizes larger than I need front-to-back, and I still could not wear them when I first bought them. Fortunately the leather is flexible and after some weeks stretching and heating the ehoes they can fit with only minimal cramping in the toes. I fear hard-soled shoes like mary janes would kill me!
Ralph!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Personally I think a shoe like these pictured or a lower vamp style looks best with a skirt.
It just balances the outfit.

In terms of fit - I don't think women want their toes to come to a super pointy shape - but I must say I wear pumps all the time and typically my shoes are pointy toe - but its something you get used to.

I found some shoes hard on me years ago but its something that I have either become used to or can deal with now in the sense that I can find shoes that fit my feet well. In fact I have many pointed toe pumps that are very comfy.

More often the leathers in my 'womens' marketed shoes are so much more suple than a 'mans' marketed shoe would be and they are lovely and light weight to wear.

And yes I admit if I look at my toes in some pumps they look squished from above - but they aren't uncomfortable - its just different. Thats more about the shoe not having much coverage on the vamp.

Keep looking for a brand/shop that has a good range and try them on because the pumps do vary a great deal. Mainstream brands vary a lot even if they are the same size.

I have found Guess and Nine West are quite generous fitting as an FYI.

Cheers
NZF
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I am guessing these pumps would scare you then... but they are totally comfortable.
You do get used to the point.

JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote:I am guessing these pumps would scare you then... but they are totally comfortable.
You do get used to the point.

My, my! A co-worker calls pointy shoes like those "roach killers" because the points makes it easy to whack roaches in corners. :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

ha ha
now the toes would easily get in the corners I admit!!!!
brennk

Post by brennk »

I have found Skechers MJs to be kind of a hybrid style that has both masculine and feminine features.
Skechers01.jpg
Skechers05.jpg
Skechers07.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Ralph wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:12 pm The problem with shoes designed and marketed for women...
Even so-called "wide" shoes with supposedly "round" (vs. pointed) toes are only wide in the sole, and bring the toes to an impossibly narrow point. Either my toes get compressed to fit into that narrow gap, or the shoe must expand to accommodate my feet.
That is a huge problem for me as well. Most "wide" women's shoes still bend the big and little toes inwards. Some are tolerable, and some will stretch to fit your feet better only if you put up with the pain of getting from here to there -- which, it turns out, I am willing to do in some cases (even though I always thought women insane for tolerating it).
Daryl...
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Daryl wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:56 pmSome are tolerable, and some will stretch to fit your feet better only if you put up with the pain of getting from here to there -- which, it turns out, I am willing to do in some cases (even though I always thought women insane for tolerating it).
To that end, at least, I have a solution. The soft leather ballet flats I got from Walmart, and the (slightly less soft) flats I got from Luoika, stretched enough that when I left a tennis ball wedged in the toe for a couple of weeks they fit much more comfortably. A blast of hot air from a hair dryer with tennis ball in place also speeds the process along.

Even with all that done, though, the little toes on both feet are bending inward at an uncomfortable angle and I suspect that is aggravating my arthritis.
Ralph!
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Ralph wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:26 pm
Daryl wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:56 pmSome are tolerable, and some will stretch to fit your feet better only if you put up with the pain of getting from here to there -- which, it turns out, I am willing to do in some cases (even though I always thought women insane for tolerating it).
To that end, at least, I have a solution. The soft leather ballet flats I got from Walmart, and the (slightly less soft) flats I got from Luoika, stretched enough that when I left a tennis ball wedged in the toe for a couple of weeks they fit much more comfortably. A blast of hot air from a hair dryer with tennis ball in place also speeds the process along.
Even with all that done, though, the little toes on both feet are bending inward at an uncomfortable angle and I suspect that is aggravating my arthritis.
I have some of the stretcher devices and they seem to help a little but most of my women's shoes are synthetics which don't stretch all that well even with some heat blown on them. I currently have my stretcher devices in my black pumps, which are made of real leather. One foot is worse than the other but if I can get those shoes to accomodate my baby toe well enough, I will be happy just breaking them in the rest of the way by wearing them. You want pumps to be snug and fit like they were moulded to your foot, because otherwise the heels slip off when you walk.
Daryl...