The 5 Browns - Sleigh Ride

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

The 5 Browns - Sleigh Ride

Post by Uncle Al »

Steinway Artists The 5 Browns are five sibling pianists — Deondra, Desirae, Gregory, Melody and Ryan —
who are also five Julliard-trained pianists. Here, they perform an enchanting five-piano version of
Leroy Anderson’s “Sleigh Ride,” wondrously arranged by Steinway Artist Greg Anderson, at the New York
Steinway Factory. The song is featured in their latest release on the Steinway & Sons label,
“Christmas With The 5 Browns.” This video is part of Steinway & Sons’ Music & Vision series, which
delivers performances across musical genres in wide-ranging locations, featuring instruments crafted by
Steinway & Sons, maker of the world’s finest pianos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqYiRXM ... 9Na16SbUnk

Enjoy :!: :D :D :D :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
aussie08

Re: The 5 Browns - Sleigh Ride

Post by aussie08 »

Simply "Wonderful"
One of my Favourite Composers
Paul W
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Wonderful stuff. Often, arrangements for multiple pianos are way over the top and end up being not great to listen to, but THESE! They each have distinct and separate parts which they deliver like a string quintet and the sound never gets overbearing.
I suspect the arranger is related to Leroy himself, whose simple arrangement for solo piano I have in my memory bank.

Hard on the heels of that they play a 4+ minute version of Rhapsody in Blue which includes all the best bits. Then to follow, for 'dessert' so to speak, they do a great 'Jupiter' from Holst 'The Planets'. Right up my street.

Thanks Uncle Al for that link.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

NICE!