South Central Wisconsin here

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
polkat

South Central Wisconsin here

Post by polkat »

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around the forum a bit reading some of the topics and I wanted to introduce myself. I live in a South Central Wisconsin, where - yes - it will be getting very cold soon. I am in my late 50's.

I've worn my utility kilt to work a few times, and I have had positive feedback on it. And, wow - it is comfortable! (We cannot wear shorts to work.) I recently purchased my first A Line skirt from ebay and it should be arriving soon.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: South Central Wisconsin here

Post by crfriend »

polkat wrote:I live in a South Central Wisconsin, where - yes - it will be getting very cold soon.
One of the wonders of skirts that nobody much talks about is that they come in a vast array of sizes and fabrics, and a long heavy skirt in the dead of winter is usually warmer than trousers so long as you can keep the wind out of it and the hem dry. Call it a "micro-climate" for the lower half.
I am in my late 50's.
That's roughly where I am as well. I've been wearing skirts pretty much everywhere since about 2002 and I've never had a problem that wasn't caused by something else (usually drunkenness or drugs or both).
I've worn my utility kilt to work a few times, and I have had positive feedback on it. And, wow - it is comfortable!
Welcome to a wider -- and more comfortable -- world!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Polkat... Welcome from S.W. Cornwall U.K.....You are well experienced with your skirting level of activities
as are many of our members all over the world. ...If you have any questions I am sure you will get an answer
Start your own thread if you wish.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Welcome to the group, from your neighbor to your south east. Location North West Indiana,
I'm 40 something and have been a part time at home skirt wearer for 20 plus years.

Have a good many conversations with us.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
skirtedrunningguy

Post by skirtedrunningguy »

Welcome!
I’m in the Lake Geneva/Delavan area. If I’m headed to Janesville or Madison, I’ll spend the entire day in a skirt. Absolutely great experiences when I’ve been skirted there.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Welcome to the café from someone to your south East. Here in Northeast Indiana.

It has been a good number of years of go 15 +. I was in both Madison and Oshkosh WI for a wedding and reception.
It is a Lovely area. How ever it was very very cold when I was there. The first night it was -1 degrees Fahrenheit. The first time I remember encountering weather below 0 F
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.