AGE APPROPIATE

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: AGE APPROPIATE

Post by Daryl »

crfriend wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:16 pmMy notion of "observable and demonstrable harm" was specifically aimed at a harmless behaviour that will have no negative consequence for a partner, e.g. in this case skirt-wearing by the guy. That this may cause pain for the female partner is honest enough, and we need to be sensitive to that, but it's not a reason for the woman to mentally abuse the man over the matter.
Indeed, it is not.
Daryl...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Daryl wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:47 am Now if I found out about it by pure chance, like the side fell off his building while I was walking by and there he was, I'd think "he's entitled to be weird" and let it go, but honestly I can't be sure that it wouldn't subconsciously colour my perceptions a little.
I conjure an image of Daryl walking down the street, whistling a tune in his skirt. He passes a house and right as he walks by the whole side of the building crumbles to the ground revealing a man dressed as Ronald McDonald rolling around in feces.

The clown stops and looks at Daryl, Daryl is looking at him, both with a surprised look on their faces. Daryl speaks,

"Do you have a job?"

"Yes I do." The clown replies, feces dripping off his arms.

"Where?"

"Burger King."

Daryl vexes over what he is witnessing, looks back up at the clown...

"Carry on...."

Two restaurants are now ruined... :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:59 pm Daryl vexes over what he is witnessing, looks back up at the clown...
"Carry on...."
Two restaurants are now ruined... :lol:
Yup, either "carry on" or "as you were". No sense in dallying to talk about the amazingly unusualy event we'd just witnessed; none at all.
Daryl...
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:51 pmApparently most men are terrifed of their wives... f--- that. You should never live in fear of someone who supposedly loves you... that's not a marriage, that's a religion abuse.
There, fixed it for you.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Daryl wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:47 am You and I are both blessed with great wives. Mine is upfront with me when I go outside of her comfort zone. I never consider it "controlling" even though I am sure that by informing me of her discomfort she expects me to at least take her feelings into account in some way. It's always when I myself feel I am pressing the limits anyway.

The men I feel sorry for are the ones for whom any escape from the man-box will come as a total surprise :shock: to their spouse. My wife knew from the beginning that I was experimental in every way, and we had a truly diverse group of common acquaintances. My only advice is to not get married or have children if you have kept secrets (usually to enhance your dating/mating prospects). Start out with a lie and the rewards are painful. No amount of "rights" logic can get around that.
I wore a Utilikilt around my (now) wife shortly after our dating got serious. She's fine with most of my weirdness...

Lies and secrets always come back to cause problems. It may take a long time, but eventually it will.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Dust wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:16 pm
moonshadow wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:51 pmApparently most men are terrifed of their wives... f--- that. You should never live in fear of someone who supposedly loves you... that's not a marriage, that's a religion abuse.
There, fixed it for you.
I'm not sure about that. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bi ... -The-Lord/
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:52 pmI'm not sure about that. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bi ... -The-Lord/
That, and "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

skirtyscot wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:52 pm
Dust wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:16 pm
There, fixed it for you.
I'm not sure about that. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bi ... -The-Lord/
Umm... Don't date/marry anyone with a god complex?

But seriously, anyone in a relationship where they are afraid of their significant other, is in an abusive relationship. If it was a woman trembling at the thought of going home to her boyfriend, no one should question this assessment. Just because it's a man afraid of his wife, suddenly people don't see it. In reality, it's the same thing.
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by BobM »

Dust wrote: Lies and secrets always come back to cause problems. It may take a long time, but eventually it will.
Exactly. A relationship built around deception is doomed.
Ordained Deacon and Ruling Elder, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Dust, BobM, stop it. Whereas your comments may have an element of truth you cannot comment on particular relationships. Nor can you say that in a relationship opposition in one particular area can be construed as abuse or being in an abusive relationship. Until you have walked in the shoes of the other or appreciated the life that they have lived then you can't pass judgement on what you see. So let's finish this now and move onto other things. I have been upset by your remarks so keep them to yourselves in future.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

getting back to the original topic of this blog

Going to be 75 and I love my mini skirts
Scan_20200211 (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

You go gi … er, BOY!!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.