Tee Shirt Dress

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Tee Shirt Dress

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I recently bought two tee shirt dresses. They come in a variety of styles, colors, and collar designs. Mine look like a tee shirt except they are long, as in down to my knees. I had bought some for my wife and she likes them for nighties on cold nights (rare where we live). She also wears them around the house for watching TV etc.

Mine are one dark blue and one in camoflauge. I shopped on Amazon and Shein and they were the best prices. I like them for around the house and yard.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tee Shirt Dress

Post by skirtyscot »

I agree they are nice to wear, having bought one earlier this year. Only trouble is that it looks like a nightshirt. This is because of years of conditioning - it's so hard to shake off! Women don't have that problem so much, partly because they accessorise with things that say "daytime" such as a hat, a bag, or not wearing slippers!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

skirtyscot wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:56 am I agree they are nice to wear, having bought one earlier this year. Only trouble is that it looks like a nightshirt. This is because of years of conditioning - it's so hard to shake off! Women don't have that problem so much, partly because they accessorise with things that say "daytime" such as a hat, a bag, or not wearing slippers!
They are comfortable which is why I wear them as nightshirts :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I've brought 'oversized' Tee shirts to wear around the house as nightshirts, my other half has no issue with them but draws the line at me wearing nightdresses, so they're a good compromise.
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have an oversized Snoopy T-shirt that I wear as a night shirt sometimes. MOH also gave me a golden yellow capped sleeve tunic that I also wear at night time when the temperatures allow. It's definitely a tunic although it's short enough for SD to wear as a dress! Just long enough to cover the dangly bits.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
KenCT

Post by KenCT »

I saw a t-shirt dress on the sale rack while looking for a skirt, sometime last spring. and realized that 't-shirt dress' and 'nightshirt' are two names for one thing. I promptly bought it. It's really comfortable; feels as though it weighed ten grams. i'm keeping an eye out for another. I wear it as a coverup around the house; doubt I would ever go out in it. I would think that a bright neckscarf would be the accessory that would change the look from nightshirt to dress (it's gray), but that's not a look I'm ready for.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

a shirt dress is easy to wear out - and they're easy to coordinate etc.
match a belt and your shoes, or pop a bold coloured accessory.
I have denim dresses and chambray shirtdresses - also cargo dresses, and a sort of linen coloured shirtdress too.
In some ways they're easier than a skirt and a top (separates) because its just one garment!

cheers
NZF