how short can you go in skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: how short can you go in skirts

Post by nzfreestyler »

when I wear a very short mini I prefer it to be a bit snug around me - so at least I can feel my hem just under my butt - and at least i know I am covered (just) and don't have the complexities of a larger volume style skirt that can flutter in the breeze.

A good example is this distressed denim skirt - typical mini length. Not my shortest - but a little shorter than an average mini. Totally manageable for getting around in - enjoyable to wear.

denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Great to see see someone else wearing the humble and diminutive denim mini with such aplomb. Glad to see that it is threadbare in strategic regions in the interest of modesty. It is very short but still adequate for the job.
They are so much fun and feel great to wear.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Short skirts can offer a surprising amount of modesty because the hem can be tight around the legs and still allow a natural stride, even in what may be thought of as compromising situations. As mentioned elsewhere, dark undergarments offer an extra level of modesty.
scaffold_PC014628_s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Denimini you have proved the naysayers wrong again. There is nothing but darkness to be seen while on the scaffolding. As you say dark clothing under the skirt will work wonders as far as flashing goes.

The other day while passing the time waiting for my blood work to be done there was a young woman (34 or so) sitting in the waiting room, she was wearing a micro-skirt and she was not worried about showing her undies. She sat with legs apart and if she had not had on a pair of red panties it would have been most illegal for sure.

I on the other hand was wearing a dress that came down to the middle of my knee caps and was very much covered. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

for what its worth I wear a thong or a g string normally because it is more modest in my opinion.
I think no matter what you wear if you're in a fitted short skirt or dress that is shorter than fingertip length then ot is very hard to not show the triangle in front in a skirt - no matter what your underwear choices - lingerie or not etc it will show. Crossing my legs in a very short mini still won't stop that little bit of panty showing.

IN terms of that mini - its got distressed rips etc sand its tighter on my butt so it has to be worn with a panty that is high cut to avoid showing in the cut outs - and it needs to be a g string etc sp I don't show a panty line cause that looks icky too.

As far as the rear goes... well I find a g or a thong i lengthens my legs and so all the onlooker sees is bare legs - an extension of my leg already - they might get a glimpse of the back of my thong or g but thats small and discreet vs a big full coverage back. So if a skirt is momentarily exposing me I think onlookers see or notice less if I wear minimal coverage underwear - and to be fair lingerie does this best and has the best styles.

I am a bit bashful when it comes to underwear - I'll wear brights and whites.

Its like anything - when we wear a short skirt we know not to walk overhead - or stand where someone can see right up your skirt.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I've probably mentioned this previously in this thread, but the shortest skirt I own is 15 inches, and, given my height (6 foot 2), that's plenty short enough for my taste. Oh, and for whatever it's worth, I only wear black underwear when on my outings, provides a level of modesty for me.

By the way, nz, you look awesome!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

thanks JeffB.

That mini is just over 10 inches from waist to hem.

FYI - most of my minis are around 12 inches long from waist to the lowest part of the hem (some have slits or cut-outs) or are asymmetrical.

cheers
NZF
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Not exactly a skirt, but this morning I dared to go out in my salt-n-pepper tunic. The saleslady said it was long enough. (Just barely, I thought.) I've been wearing it around the house with black leggings and this morning had the idea to dash out and roll the garbage container back from the street to the side of the back deck and ran into my neighbors. He's an Army vet and she's a nurse, and our driveways are side-by-side. Not bad for a debut of the tunic and leggings look....except for the wind. It billowed and swirled a couple of times but did not rise as I turned the corner to go back to the door and into the house. On the other hand....I may have been acceptable purely in the leggings and a tee-shirt as they came up to waist-level and nothing is visible.

Later tonight on going to church I switched to a red polo shirt and a denim mini over the same leggings. Most all my skirts are at least a knuckle or two longer than fingertip length. The tunic IS fingertip length...well, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of a knuckle longer.

Perhaps I'll ask a mother-and-daughter set of friends from church their opinion. And look for a "Legging Cafe" to do some research. :P
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

here is one of my favourite lambskin leather miniskirts.
it is a pleasure to wear. Lined for comfort and very soft fine leather.

Image.

the skirt is 10 inches long - in a NZ size 10 - US 6 - so the waist is 27 inches , short of fingertip length - but still functional and easy to wear.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

Everything looks great , nice bra as well .
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

thanks Knickson.

I suppose my point is that anybody could wear this look I think.
I wear a bra - but thats my choice for comfort - but the overall outfit works without the lingerie too.

cheers
NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Below is what I wore yesterday, a 15 inch distressed denim mini, the shortest skirt I currently own:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Nz I think the skirt looks great I like the top but I am in the middle about the bra. I think you would need something because the blouse is so transparent. Like I said on you it looks great I would try this not quite as short but with a top that is a little more opaque
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

One time I tried with a bra
Scan_20191209 (4).jpg
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi Oldsalt - that outfit works fine on you!

I knew my bra was visible - but I have given up caring what others think - and its much comfier not wearing a cami over my bra, multiple shoulder straps just makes me feel grandma-ish.

I definitely avoid going sans bra with a sheerer top because you can see my body too easily and showing your breastz is a no no - but showing your lingerie is fine. So I wear bras I really like the feel of and I like how they frame me and I don't think anymore.

That said I wear dark with darks and light with lights - no black bra and white blouse or vice versa. I don't wear nude lingerie because I find it nana-ish and I prefer wearing crisper statement lingerie.

cheers

NZF