For those that have tried nail polish and found it too difficult to DIY

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

For those that have tried nail polish and found it too difficult to DIY

Post by FranTastic444 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:38 pm

I've been experimenting with nail polish with some pretty poor results. I either seem to miss big chunks of my nail or I end up with it all over my skin. As an aside, I managed to get some polish on my favourite skirt - ruined :-(

I've just come across Fairy Garden by Pop-arrazi. Unlike the solid colors, this slight metallic goes on really thin - almost like topcoat. It is very forgiving if you get things wrong. It took 3 coats (4 might have been better) but I'm very happy with the results.

So, if you have tried DIY nail varnish and have not been happy with the results, I suggest you give this a try. Only a couple of bucks from CVS. Go on, you know you want to :-)

Here

phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Re: For those that have tried nail polish and found it too difficult to DIY

Post by phathack » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:02 am

I just get a Mani/Pedi and have the girl put on the polish.

SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:22 am

A little fashion tip if you want to put nail varnish on just before going out.... put your coat on first!

In the past I used to get ready, paint my nail then ruin them trying to put a coat on without smudging them.

oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:52 pm

I haven' tried colored polish but I put on clear There are many fast dry polishes. You need a manicure

Going back to the early 80's when I worked as a controller for a major ad agency I always had a manicure and clear polish. I try to give my self a manicure but the results just aren't the same

JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:05 am

A while ago I used nail polish and I got the polish on fine. However I hate any kind of chips and it turned out to be too much of a hassle to touch up my nails.

John

victor1964

Post by victor1964 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:27 pm

I just get MOH to do them, only toes though. No fingernails left lol....

Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:47 pm

I used to go to the spa for a mani-pedi with polish. (0) I really liked the color of OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy. It is almost transparent so I would get three coats on my toes and one coat on my fingers. In the summer I always wore sandals so my toes were always in view and no one noticed.
Today I have color only on my left little finger and it is OPI Tutti Frutti Tonga and it is very noticeable. But I have had no comments from anyone. :D

(0) It became too expensive to keep doing even at one visit a month. It was draining my resources.
Fred :kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951