What did you wear for Thanksgiving ?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

What did you wear for Thanksgiving ?

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

We have a tradition, which is we spend Thanksgiving with a group of people who meet each year in a nearby nature preserve for a Pilgrim type Thanksgiving. They have been doing it for 33 years and sometimes about 20 people show up and other times more than 50. One couple organizes it and decides who brings what. It is normally perfect weather, but this year it started raining, so we packed up and left after the feast. My wife made cheesy spiced mashed potatoes this year.

I wore a short camouflage skirt and black leggings. I got some comments and all were positive. I hope there will be others of the group wearing skirts next year. I think some of the guys were envious that I would show up in a skirt, or had the guts. I got the usual comments about how a true Scotsman would not have underwear on. No one asked me. One of the wives was telling us she saw an ad for a Utilikilt (hint hint). I think she admired mine. I was very comfortable and my wife was proud of me.

I'm spreading the word.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: What did you wear for Thanksgiving ?

Post by crfriend »

Well done.

For my part, I decided to be the wiseguy on the block and wore my blue minidress with white cable-knit tights. Atop that, since it was cold outside, was my black satin cloak with a red lining.

Nobody gave me so much as a lick of grief. Life is good.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I did most of the cooking and I'm amazed I bake a turkey to everybody's delight while turkeys and Thankgiving Day is not that welknown in the Netherlands.

Because of the chilly weather I had an over-the-knee heavy denim skirt on. I had to pick up friends and I could do it in that skirt without feeling uncomfortable at all. For some time I was the only guy in the house and of course the only one in a skirt until the son of my wife arrived.While the ladies were talking, I could do the cooking without much interference. I need however a longer apron because I had a grease stain on my skirt below the hem of the apron.

I could place all the left-overs in the fridge but only because I'm an engineer, I was able to fit everything on the shelves and in the drawers. I like to puzzle, especially in 3-D.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Short-sleeved brown/white plaid men's shirt with an ankle-length black denim skirt. A great time with my brother and his wife from out of state and another family from church.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Last edited by Kilted Musician on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It was a bit of a chilly one yesterday, but I decided I'd ignore that and wore my blue mini-dress with heavy tights and a cloak for when I was outdoors. It worked well enough.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

For mine, I went with a blakc waffle knit henley style shirt (xl/tall makes a good tunic length for me, reaching the tops of my thighs), light gray leggings, and black overknee boots in stretchy sueded fabric.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Since I stayed home and enjoyed some BBQ ribs for Thanksgiving instead of the usual fare I wore a black roll top knee length skirt and dark navy blue "V" neck "T" shirt. My step-brother-in-law brought over a cooler full of deer meat from a deer he shot on my place the week before, so I will not be needing to buy meat for the next 5 to 6 months. He filled both of my freezers, the one over the fridge and the small chest type freezer (8 cuft.) on my back porch.
I hope all of you who celebrate this holiday had an enjoyable time with family and friends.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

We celebrated on Wednesday, so the outfit shown in my thread was the one I wore.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

We don't have Thanksgiving over here. But every day we give thanks that Boris Johnson is Prime Minister, no need to hold back 364 days each year! :wink:

Anyway, as it was a Thursday I went to my choir practice. For the first time, I wore a dress, my navy sweater dress which is displayed somewhere in these pages. For a bit more colour I teamed it up with my burgundy tights. Not a cheep or a funny look from anybody, other than a rather quizzical expression on the face of an alto in the bar afterwards.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:57 amNot a cheep or a funny look from anybody, other than a rather quizzical expression on the face of an alto in the bar afterwards.
Was she at least cute?
skirted

Post by skirted »

A long floor length denim skirt, with a belt. just thought that i would just go casual.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Lee stretch denim skirt, just above knee, purple tights, black LS tee, Birkenstock clogs.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Red, long-sleeved turtleneck tee under a blue long-sleeved dress shirt. Black no-line thong under black support hose under black leggings with black dress shoes. Black half-slip around the waist and a black miniskirt. Grey skirt-suit jacket off and on (i.e. sometimes hanging on the back of the chair). Fine conversation with friends and family over a repast of grilled veggies and BBQ glazed salmon along with a seemingly endless supply of mashed potatoes.

Great times.
KiltedintheValley

Post by KiltedintheValley »

I wore an orange and grey flannel shirt, a grey mock turtleneck, my tan Utilikilt, and brown shoes. Because it was cold here on the East Coast, I wore brown sweater rib tights. My grandfather gave me the greatest compliment by saying, "he looks like William Wallace!" :D
"Be weird. Be random. Be who you are, because you never know who would love the person you hide." - Alan Watts

Life is too short to talk yourself out of wearing what you want because “I can’t pull off that look”.