I wear skirts so much that ....

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

I wear skirts so much that ....

Post by skirtyscot »

... I instinctively pull my knees together.

At work my desk is one of a group of 4. The desk opposite was empty today, and an IT man decided to use it for a while. He had to crawl under the desk to plug some equipment in, and without thinking I pulled my knees together. There was no need; I was wearing trousers, but it just happened! The socket was inconveniently placed, in an adaptor block in a rack hung just below the underside of the desk, engulfed in the wires coming from the other plugs. So he fumbled about for quite a while, trying to get the plug in. And although I'd already told myself it was OK, I couldn't stop myself. Two or three more times, my knees drew inwards, all by themselves. It left me feeling slightly odd, disconcerted.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I wear skirts so much that ....

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I haven't done that (instinctively put my knees together) but sometimes catch myself tugging at the front of my trousers when going up a set of stairs, like you would do when wearing a long skirt so you step and trip on the front hem while going up the stairs.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:08 am I haven't done that (instinctively put my knees together) but sometimes catch myself tugging at the front of my trousers when going up a set of stairs, like you would do when wearing a long skirt so you step and trip on the front hem while going up the stairs.
I've caught myself sweeping trousers out behind me when sitting down -- but that doesn't happen any more because I no longer wear trousers.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Oh, yes, I always sit with my legs together, I even practice sitting at home in front of a mirror, making sure my posture is correct. By the way, I also smooth the back of my skirt (or dress) before I sit, if anything, that's a subconscious action on my part, an action that's as natural to me these days as breathing.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

... when I wear trousers people get concerned and ask me if I'm feeling OK.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

.......... I kneel down on one knee when picking something off the floor even in pants. I think it is better for your back.
.......... the clothes line is filled with skirts.
.......... my brother worried about what I was going to wear to a family funeral .... my nephew said that it would be a black mini skirt.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

...that going anywhere trousered feels like a punishment. A bit like it felt as a small child on Sunday morning when I was dressed in uncomfortable pants, shoes, shirt and tie, hair slicked and combed, and dragged to church. The relief of my six-year-old self shedding the Sunday Clothes for shorts and a tee shirt is the same I feel today when shedding trousers for the joy of a skirt.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...