Sex and Gender

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Sex and Gender

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Just forget I said anything. I'm a dumbass.
OK, what private message prompted that colourful comment? The last time I looked you didn't particularly look like a baboon. {dives for cover}
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

No you're not.Stop it!
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I don't think so. You make a lot more sense than some people I see on TV. You could run for office. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Moon I have met with you and Jenn in meat space. And you are anything but a dumbass. I found you to be an educated person with a great personality and sense of humor. I found your outlook on life to be something to be admired. So don't let those who would try to destroy you win.
I enjoy what you write here in the Cafe and look forward to each post. In fact the way you seem to hold back on some things keeping your temper in check amazes me. One of the reasons I don't post in some areas is I am afraid of losing my temperature(0) and making the mods mad enough to ban me. So keep up the good work and don't let anyone cut the legs out from under your skirt.....

(0) Yes I said temperature because when I let go my body temp rises about 3 to 4 degrees F.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

There was no PM to that effect. In essence my remark [of being a dumbass] is meant to steal the wind of anyone who would otherwise make public such an assessment.

Educated? No. All I have are opinions with the occasional observation thrown in.

Despite what is believed, I removed all videos not over a dumb downthumb. Jesus I'm not that vain. In fact I've had mixed feelings about the whole YouTube thing since I started it. YouTube, after all being facebooks evil cousin. Everyone watches it, and it was a matter of time before someone found my videos (family or otherwise) that would make it their mission to create drama for me. Frankly I've got enough real world problems going on right now, I don't need to pile on additional nonsense over a YouTube channel that frankly the great unwashed probably couldn't care less about.

I reasoned today that my support of certain groups would be best demonstrated by simply staying out of their way.

I did not wear a skirt today because I'm incredibly annoyed with humanity at the moment, and if these local retards start giving me their usual grief, I'm a split hair away from ripping someone's head off and whooping somebody's ass. I've got a lot on my mind at the moment and just didn't need the internets crap on top of everything else.

And if all that ain't bad enough, I look to my left and my cat is dragging her butt across my side of the sheets....

....REALLY AQUARIUS?!?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:[...] I look to my left and my cat is dragging her butt across my side of the sheets....
Have her checked for worms. It's the practical thing to do.

It would seem that somebody gave you a talking-to about "down-thumbs". And the pants.

Seriously, sometimes the best policy is to simply laugh at the stuff you can't change. It beats crying over it, or -- worse -- "beating your heart against some mad bugger's wall." (to crib a line from Pink Floyd). Although, sometimes it is "the bleeding hearts and artists" that cast light on matters when nothing else can.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:Have her checked for worms. It's the practical thing to do.
It will be difficult to collect a stool sample as she normally goes outside. I've never actually seen her use the litter box.

Nevertheless once word got out in the catdom that Aquarius might have worms, Paisley proceeded to snicker at her from across the room while we inspected her butt. Aquarius was not amused. Growling she shot across the floor, popped Paisley in the head thus wiping that sh!t eating grim off her face and hid under the bed for a few minutes. Later she beckoned to go outside which is where she is now.

We will continue our investigation.

These cats are funny.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Well I for one enjoy your posts Moonshadow, you have far more commonsense and intelligence than all the leadership we have in this country. As for other people all we can do is laugh and avoid them, hitting them would have a certain level of satisfication but not a good idea.

John
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

moonshadow wrote: Do not take this as an attack on you Dust, in fact you are correct in what your write and I find myself in agreement with many of your post.
Never saw the video before you took it down. Don't worry about it.

You seem to be a decent person, and a thoughtful guy, definitely worth engaging with. Sometimes I don't have the time and energy to read all you write, but I try to.

I think we agree on a lot, despite all our differences. Maybe even more than you realize. You have my respect.
Don't ever say that about yourself. It's not true.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

john62 wrote:As for other people all we can do is laugh and avoid them, hitting them would have a certain level of satisfication but not a good idea.
In the case of the cats, it's highly probable that the one issuing the swat had her claws retracted for that. It's what's known as a "cuff". I have long experience with cats and their ways.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:
john62 wrote:As for other people all we can do is laugh and avoid them, hitting them would have a certain level of satisfication but not a good idea.
In the case of the cats, it's highly probable that the one issuing the swat had her claws retracted for that. It's what's known as a "cuff". I have long experience with cats and their ways.
I don't think John was referring to my cat, I believe it was meant for the Walmart rednecks I encounter daily.
-Andrea
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

crfriend wrote:
moonshadow wrote:[...] I look to my left and my cat is dragging her butt across my side of the sheets....
Have her checked for worms. It's the practical thing to do.

It would seem that somebody gave you a talking-to about "down-thumbs". And the pants.

Seriously, sometimes the best policy is to simply laugh at the stuff you can't change. It beats crying over it, or -- worse -- "beating your heart against some mad bugger's wall." (to crib a line from Pink Floyd). Although, sometimes it is "the bleeding hearts and artists" that cast light on matters when nothing else can.

We checked the cats poo and they have worms so Moon called the Vet to get dewormer.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JennC03 wrote:We checked the cats poo and they have worms so Moon called the Vet to get dewormer.
OK, that's minor and the right de-wormer will solve the problem pretty quickly. I'm glad it wasn't something worse.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I never thought thread drift could go in this direction. :shock:

At the other hand, it is more or less the sort of discussion we have now and then at the breakfast table so I'm hardened. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak